they dug my very own garden, gave me sunshine, made me happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
hello,

anyone who knows me to a lesser degree would know that i love my family greatly. im sure im not alone with this appreciation, but at the age of 20, ive been fortunate to only lose one great grandmother at the age of 96 in 1996, as well as a great aunt and uncle or two along the way.

today, one of my grandmothers, who is 68, informed everyone that she has lupus. i do not know of the correct spelling, i may have got it right, but my uncertainty is symoblic of my ignorance of the disease.

the trouble is, in march i believe, she found out she had angina. angina, as silly of a name as it is, is a very serious disease. essentially, its the hardening of the arteries.

worse, she was also diagnosed with osteo perosis or however you decide to spell it, for which i dont care. this again, is not a good disease. then again, not many are.

if you have any knowledge on the diseases, please be brutally honest with me. i would like to know everything about all three. this is not a "feel sorry for ___" thread, really i want nothing of it. she still moves around nicely and she is fine at the moment.

any information would be greatly appreciated.

and for those who are wondering why this is posted in this particular forum, i believe its not best for lemonade stand as it appears to be more of a lighter area.

thank you.

Well I know osteoporosis best among those three cos of family cautions. It's when your bones get brittle, due to lack of calcium. Your grandma must not have been drinking enough milk in her lifetime which every woman should do. (Osteoporosis is more prone in women).

edit: While we're on the subject of health, I'd like to warn women against taking hormonal therapy after menopause as it has a direct link with breast cancer... So don't listen to your gynae if he recommends hormonal therapy to 'improve your skin'.

foray

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom