The Wait Is Over!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm a little unsure if I should say this but...I got a job! A real full time job with benefits! WA-HOOOOO!!!!!

I'm hesitant to announce this because I still feel that's not real. I've been out of work since I got my master's in December 2008, aside for a few part time positions here and there. But I just signed the agreement forms, sent information for my ID badge and am scheduled to start next Monday!

Shall we all do the happy dance? :happydance:

and have a few drinks? :cocktail::beer:

:applaud:

Thank you everyone! I'm still pinching myself over this because its so surreal.

I'm also nervous because I've been out of the real world for so long that I am wondering if I'll be able to adjust being in an work place setting again. But I'm sure I'll do fine. :)

Thanks MrsS and MsPurrl. I started my new job today and so far so good!

:crack:

In the last couple of weeks, things have gone bad to worse at work.

I should've been more honest about this job. Although it was a full time with benefits, its only a temporary position. I am filling in for someone out on personal leave, and she may return around October. I was hoping that I would be given a permanent status after she came back or not, so I naively thought I was set with this job.

But two weeks ago, my boss took me aside just minutes before I left for the day and told me she had to take away my benefits and make me a freelancer. She explained that she miscounted heads for the budget and since I was the last one in, I was the first to lose my benefits. Also, because I am now a freelancer, I no longer have my account with the company. Meaning, I lost my online access to some of the company websites I was accessing. So that means I lost half the work I was doing, and now my boss is hinting I may go part-time.

Ugh. I feel foolish for having celebrated getting this job because it turned into a joke less than three months after getting it. These days I can only do research, screen videos, and assist the production and admin staff. When there's nothing to do, I practically browse online because I literally sometimes have nothing to do. It is so pointless for me to come in on somedays, especially since I have to pay toll which takes a toll (no pun intended) on my budget.

Anybody know anyone who's hiring in the NYC area?

I'm a little unsure if I should say this but...I got a job! A real full time job with benefits! WA-HOOOOO!!!!!

I'm hesitant to announce this because I still feel that's not real. I've been out of work since I got my master's in December 2008, aside for a few part time positions here and there. But I just signed the agreement forms, sent information for my ID badge and am scheduled to start next Monday!

Shall we all do the happy dance? :happydance:

and have a few drinks? :cocktail::beer:

:applaud:

Soooo sorry for that - I should have read all posts before posting.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Pearl. All I can suggest is you keep trying to stay as busy as possible in the job for the few months left and as at least you might get a reference out of it.

:crack:

In the last couple of weeks, things have gone bad to worse at work.

I should've been more honest about this job. Although it was a full time with benefits, its only a temporary position. I am filling in for someone out on personal leave, and she may return around October. I was hoping that I would be given a permanent status after she came back or not, so I naively thought I was set with this job.

But two weeks ago, my boss took me aside just minutes before I left for the day and told me she had to take away my benefits and make me a freelancer. She explained that she miscounted heads for the budget and since I was the last one in, I was the first to lose my benefits. Also, because I am now a freelancer, I no longer have my account with the company. Meaning, I lost my online access to some of the company websites I was accessing. So that means I lost half the work I was doing, and now my boss is hinting I may go part-time.

Ugh. I feel foolish for having celebrated getting this job because it turned into a joke less than three months after getting it. These days I can only do research, screen videos, and assist the production and admin staff. When there's nothing to do, I practically browse online because I literally sometimes have nothing to do. It is so pointless for me to come in on somedays, especially since I have to pay toll which takes a toll (no pun intended) on my budget.

Anybody know anyone who's hiring in the NYC area?

So sorry to hear about your job! Wanna move to Boston and work in a hospital?? There are some job openings. :)

Thanks, but I wouldn't be able to handle working in a hospital. Not much patience in my system. :)

Back
Top Bottom