The Second Thread - - an assortment of thoughts + "a new hope..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
IMG_0234edita.jpg

(note: reading this post is optional. If you have something on your mind, go ahead and post it. i don't really expect anyone to read all of what I wrote - Ididn't expect that much to come out :uhoh: )

~Hello, Hello~

Happy Holidays!

Yes, it's mid November, but.... this new thread kicks off with the first snowfall here, where I am in NY (the photo was taken early in the morning, in the dark). Fitting? Maybe. Nevertheless, a new thread has begun. Now, I don't know exactly where it will go, but if people have been following the first thread, it will follow the same pattern. But it's not exclusive to just two people, anyone can chime in. Maybe this thread will turn into a sort of ZC general discussion? I don't really know. I guess, just like elsehwere, "don't expect, suggest".

To keep with the more serious tone (?), I'll start off with this topic, because it has been on my mind a lot, and if I was to start a ZC thread, this is what it would be about:

I've come to a point where I really don't want a lot of things. I'm young, yeah, but nevertheless, I am at this point. I know soulsearching is a never ending endeavor, yet I really am at a loss. Going to college in a January, it has seemed like things have been on hold for a long time, but I don't think that will change when I get to college. Yeah, I'll be more busy, but, my only real motivation will be getting work done, and finding something I like to get a degree in, and most likely trying to get a good job, so I can raise a family. Typical, I guess. And while there is nothing wrong with that... it makes me wonder.

Those things are the socially acceptable path to follow, the common path, and as I said, there is nothing wrong about that. Coming from a very philosophical perspective, though... I am struggeling to find "things that matter". When Iwake up, it's just...... blank. Everyday is spent waiting for the next - waiting all day f or night to come, almost. But, to continue with Red Hill Town, I've got nothing I'm hanging on to. I don't have a town, I'm rather disconnected from my family, I don't have a goal I'm really striving for, like on the deep down souly level.

=======

wow, I just looked back at the first page of the original thread....
There are some similarities... there is a lot of the same feeling, but refined, yet some things are so much different.

Comparing February 17 2005 to now...
I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin. (a recent thread about that was in ZC). But that is a huge difference, and it is just amazing. When I was walking in NYC in the summer, it was so different from the last time. Last year, I was overwhelmed, not so much with the people, the number of people, but more so how I should act, how I should go about being myself in that sitaution.

I suppose it could be called confidence. I am a lot more confident in myself these days, because I *know* myself, and I know my philosophy - I have predetermined defaults as to what is right and wrong, and I'm just comfortable with who I am, and why I am that way.

Wow, so many directions to take that.

Well, I'll just finish up for now with this...
Over this last year and a half, in both personal experience, and witnessing other people's experiences firsthand, I'm holding some rather controversial thoughts about this thing called "love"

There are so many angles, but I'll just state the one that is on my mind as of late: that is...... that love is really a mental thing. Not so much mental, as in "head", but more so as in "brain". I say it like this, and probably won't be able to explain it well, but..... I say this because ... even though relationships take two people, I think love only really takes one. You can love someone without the other person even knowing it, you can love from afar, without seeing, or hearing. It can be done.

The thing of it is... though initlally someone may introduce you to love, and the experience of love, it is you that keeps it alive. LIke a flame or a candle, maybe, being passed on to other people. I wonder..... if people are born being able to love, or if it is something that is learned? well, I won't go there yet. But anyways...

for me, personally, I've come to understand (and maybe this is just myself), but... there is a certain ''love switch" that I have. I know that sometimes you can't stop loving someone, and I admit I have some of that in my system. But really.... there's something else. There's.... there is this internal thing, and it's completely self generated. because, when someone you love is far away, or not with you, why and how is it that you think of them lovingly?

Most of it, to me, seems to be a conflict between the "primal" tendency to "cling" to things, and the intelectual awareness of reality. BUt like........

How can someone say they are in love, when they have never seen, heard, spoken to, or touched the person they love?

As of late, I am really studying this... thing....
How love comes from the inside.

Saying it like thatsounds simple, or even obvious. But.... I don't know...

==

Love is such a strange topic...

How about the WINTER olympics, baby! 2006.
WHere are they going to be held? In China? I always like the olympics.

=

I guess that's somewhat of an assortment of thoughts.
My hope? I actually have realized that I do have a hope, it's kind of 3 folded, though.

1 - that the world learns how to coexist and come together, and we can function as a whole human race, instead of divisions against each other. We have so m uch potential...
2 - That I can do the same thingwith another person. I wonder how many kids, or at least guys my age, think about things like marriage. Not just "marriage", but the actual dynamics of relationships, a true bond between myself and someone else. Such a subject fascinates me...
3 - To learn how to be content without anything; self mastery, perhaps. This smacks of Buddhims and things, but... I don't seek "enlightenment", just some sort of understanding, I guess. In onesense, this is kind of the flipside of 1&2. But whatever.

The 4rth, and hidden one, is to enjoy life, and remember that every day is an adventure, and no matter how boring it is, it is life, and there is so much going on no matter what. Enjoy it and take an interest in it, and if I want an adventure, then make it happen.

So I guess those are my "hopes".........

=

What makes life worth living to you, what are your hopes, or dreams or ideals, what do you live for?

and as always, thanks for reading. I don't know what will become of this thread, but making this first post is better than not doing anything at all. Cheers :up:

How do ypu mean yopu can love someone without seeing or hearing? I suppose it is "kind" of love that is not the real one. Feellings are real though. I mean, i was into that kind of love for years, and i am telling you it is waste. But, i am not saying that i didnt need that for some reason.

Before replying to the suggestions & thoughs pointed out from FH (some really interesting point!), I want to show you some pictures.

This was taken yesterday evening...
The full moon on my sky:
3455565523232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D325%3B%3E8%3B%3A%3E2%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D3233337839449nu0mrj

I know it's a dark pic... But I just love the full moon!
Everytime it comes, bring something positive in my life...
For instance: in July, I was @ U2 concert under that beautiful moon!
And I'll avoid writing again about the positive things that the moon testified when I was on holiday -- I think I've already written too much about that ...

Second pix comes from the street where I work.

3455565523232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D325%3B%3E8%3B%3A%3E2%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D3233337835%3B%3A8nu0mrj

And:

Can you see Father Christmas climbing the balcony??

Attachments

• seefatherchristmas.jpg
    seefatherchristmas.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 65
girlhappy said:
How do ypu mean yopu can love someone without seeing or hearing? I suppose it is "kind" of love that is not the real one. Feellings are real though. I mean, i was into that kind of love for years, and i am telling you it is waste. But, i am not saying that i didnt need that for some reason.

I know, there is something strange about it. I'd say it is a waste, too, because what good is love if it isn't shared? Love, in one way, is something that has no value alone, at least as far as humans are concerned on a practical level.

==

lady luck said:
WINTER OLYMPICS WILL BE IN TURIN, ITALY!!!!!!!!

Wow, I didn't know that! I hope you put up some nice photos of the festivities and such

==

Those pictures are great... I got some of the full moon last night, and once I make them the right size, I'll put them up here.

==

Fridays are always the busiest night of the week for me...
I'll write more when I can :yes:

Sure I'll post pix of the Olympics! Turin is less than 2 hours from Milan!

I love that song... "Crazy" by Seal. I love the voice of that guy...
At the moment, "You are my kind" by Seal & Santana is on heavy rotation on my iPod!

The pix comes from an add I saw on a magazine and on TV: the guy on the woman's knees is Seal, of course. It's an add for some pc & taking the best out of it.

Did you start the lessons for the drivers licence?

So Seal is lefthanded...

No, I didn't start lessons yet.

Ugh.....

=

You know, I have that CD with Seal's crazy on it. And just the other day, I head a singer covering it on a talk show.... Melissa Etherige? maybe? I don't know...

Alanis Morissette. But the original version is better.

You're right about the hand -- didn't notice it!

Must take that licence: driving is a nice experience
And I consider it as one of the first steps into the world.

When I got mine, I was told: "Girl, this is a weapon. Use it carefully" -- that's right, in a sort.
I am not a great driver -- but I am quite careful so I haven't had great problems up to this moment.

You've already seen the snow... wow!
Here it is soooo cold -- the temperature went down all of a sudden and it's definetely cold now!
Great!!! I love cold!!
Make me think that it's time to go and drink hot chocolate and all that wonderful things...

I am actually in my room, believe it or not. When I got the oppertunity to paint it a while back, I didn't want to see any more white walls. ALl my years, it's always been "offwhite" for the color of my walls, so I decided to paint every wall in my room a different color.

That is the red wall, my favorite wall, even though there are osme things in the way of it. Red is tough to paint with..... but I like it any ways, even if it isn't a smooth uniform color. THe other colored walls are orange, and a golden yellow, and a sort of white one. I like my room. You can see the yellow one in the Lemonade Stand photo album.

=

That is a nice house!

=

You've already seen the snow... wow!
Here it is soooo cold -- the temperature went down all of a sudden and it's definetely cold now!
Great!!! I love cold!!
Make me think that it's time to go and drink hot chocolate and all that wonderful things...

:drool: I have a great weakness for snow/winter..... well, I guess it's not a weakness...... more a..... a............ adoration, fascination, perhaps....

Coloured walls! Wow!!!
I've seen rooms with different colours and they look so nice!
Can you REALLY sleep in a red room???

what is "Lemonade Stand photo album"???

When I picked out the colors, the guy at the register said

"And you wanna sleep in there ????"

:shrug: I don't quite get it. You don't see the walls when the lights are out. hahahaha I mean, really..... I don't see what the big deal is. It's unusual, but... I don't know. I don't see things the way others do, so, don't mind me too much

===========

have you ever been to the Lemonade Stand?
Itis a subforum like this, but it is more general and easy going, and not so serious. I would think that this thread would get more posts over there, but at the same time, the discussion might not be taken as seriously.

I will get a link.....

http://forum.interference.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=200
^ that's the Lemonade Stand

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3174528#post3174528
^ photo album

the photo album is run by a moderator (Sicy), and Interference members post pictures of themselves and things like that. Sicy updates the album every now and then, when it's time to start a new thread, and on the first page, you can see a complete listing of everyone's photo.

It's pretty cool, and you never know just what the other people heremight look like, so it's interesting.

check it out :up:

I'm a little :eyebrow: for your signature...

... and it's interesting that a series of charming ladies are living in your avatar...

Nice pix of you in the lemon stand thread...

You look older than your age...
(I suppose everyone tells you -- hope this doesn't annoy you!)

You know........ It's funny .......

Last night I had 2 dreams, 2 distinct dreams, but I do not remember the second one. I remember the first one, then waking up, and then having the second dream. After the second dream, I was worried that I couldn't remember the first one.......... but then the first dream came back to me. When it did, i lost the second !

I was so dissapointed, because I rarely remember my dreams... I wanted to remember both, but ended up only with one. I really can't tell what the second was about....... maybe something to do with Harry Potter ? I saw the Harry Potter movie last night.

I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, but, it was a good experience anyways. Perhaps going to the mall resulted in my first dream - some of the people I met there. Well, not met,but...

=

The first dream was very vivid.... very realistic, I thought it was real, because towards the end, I was actually really really happy, which is very rare. But then my mind started breaking it down, and I realized it was a dream (and then woke up). I'll just say that I was ...... traveling with some of my relatives, and we went to a gift shop, a gift shiop which was also an ice cream place. I ended up looking around for some things, some books, and then wandered away from everyone else, and found like this really strange room with a bunch of stuff in it, books to flags to posters to,,,, lots of things. I went over in the corner, found something l aid out on the table that caught my eye. Lifting up a sortof flag, or like a peice of cloth with an image on it, I turned to my right and someone approached me......

and that's all I'll say about that, for now.........

========

IN regard to my signature..
Yes, it is somewhat out of place, I think. I find myself often playing off of myself - what I mean is...... i know who I am deep down, but at the same time, I think it is healthy to express the more "evil" side of me from time to time, the more aggressive, dominating side.

=

Maybe that has something to do with my second dream..... though I only have guesses as to what it might have been about.....

=

AS for my appearance.... I don't really know what to think anymore. I never felt much like a child, though I know I've been one, and still am in some ways. Everyone has always noted that I acted old for my age, often too old. I never........ enjoyed my childhood much, I guess. I didn't "hate being young", I just had wanted to be older. You could say that I believe, in regards to myself at least, that "youth is wasted on the young".

=

Eh........ but.... I write far too much about myself here...
I remember a warning somewhere, about doing just this....
But then my pride prevents me from deleting my words...... so....
I guess I will watch my posts more closely in the future.....

=

as for the ladies in my avatar...
Heh, to be honest...... I'd get too attached if I just had one for too long....... so it is best that I change them often. I like women's faces, and something about eyebrows has always fascinated me. I like my eyebrows on my face, the look that they give. That and I like expressive faces. I suppose that is because often times my own face is.... unexpressive.

But I guess that all depends on what side of me is showing at any given moment.

dreams are curious things...
I have a problem with mine, because everytime I have dreams, they are completely messy and no-sense!
Unfortunately, I often have scaring dreams that then I can't remember but leave me with that sort of oppression.... Awful.

I went to the dentist this morning... :sick:

The odd thing is that the doctor told me I was going to feel pain and I could take some analgesic... But I am ok .. and I have no pain. From what he said, I was going to suffer terribly ..
:shrug:

did you find Oasis' "Wonderwall"?

it's a really lovely song!
if you don't find it, tell it to me -- I'll make a "you send it" with it.

thanks for the links to lemn stand... nice pix all around!!

lady luck said:
did you find Oasis' "Wonderwall"?

it's a really lovely song!
if you don't find it, tell it to me -- I'll make a "you send it" with it.

thanks for the links to lemn stand... nice pix all around!!

As I recently posted elsewhere,

I don't know who Oasis is. Apparently it is a band, yeah, but I've never heard their music. If you think wonderwall is a song I might enjoy, lady luck, perhaps I'll look for it

For Honor said:

As I recently posted elsewhere,

I don't know who Oasis is. Apparently it is a band, yeah, but I've never heard their music. If you think wonderwall is a song I might enjoy, lady luck, perhaps I'll look for it

Really? You don't know who they are? Definately check out Wonderwall along with many. many other Oasis songs.

Songbird
Born on a Different Cloud
Don't Look Back in Anger
Supersonic
Slide Away
Live Forever
Rockin' Chair

Hmmm... I listed mostly slow songs. here For Honor check them out,
http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=home

I would add to the list Hallucination made:

- Lyla
&
- Champagne supernova

what's this thread about?

It started with a series of dreams/purposes..
Then it went on more like a place where you express the mood of the day!

I looked at that Oasis site........

:shrug: some of their songs are decent, but they don't sound like anything special. Of course, I'm incredibly selective musically, and I don't aquire new musical tastes easily, either. Maybe I'll look into more of their songs, or listen to them a few more times to see if I warm up to them

But I appreciate the recommendation and such :)

I know you have a selective taste for music, an perhaps you don't like the European touch Oasis have too much!
Well, nevermind...

It's REALLY snowing down here!
And the air is soooo pure and fresh. Wow! Living in a big city with smog and pollution makes you forget about pure things sometimes!

I'll write later -- I am going to a rugby match and I can't be late!

Have a nice thankgiving!!!

I love Oasis, some mihgt say its one of my favourite.And all that period of earsly and mid - 90s is great.Because there was so many great bands like Oasis, Pulp, Blur, And i especially love Garbage and Suede...that angel voice of Brett Anderson, my God!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom