The pants are snug therefore I am going back on the Atkins Diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
:scream: Gotta love the holidays and just having a poor diet over the past 3 mths. It seems that this lack of health in my routine is now starting to show. And I am not happy with it, therefore back on the diet I go! I am going to join a gym as well to dump this excess weight and to tone up.

:scream:

I've been low-carbing for 6 months now :ohmy:

I really felt it over Christmas, we ate whatever we wnated for 3 days starting on Christmas Eve and I felt like absolute crap by the 3rd day :yuck: I think I've lost as much weight as I can without doing anything extra like exercise :yawn:

:ohmy: This could have been my confession last weekend! Last Monday I began the low carb diet and also rejoined Curves....I quit Curves over the summer :tsk: The low carb thing has been really hard on me as a vegetarian for 15 years but I'm managing ok. The Atkins food is so expensive but it has a lot of protein in it that I'm not getting by not eating meat.

Good luck!

It's a gym for women only. It's a 30 minute workout on your whole body. It's so easy to do. There's 12 air-compressed workout stations and 12 walking boards (depending on the size of the club you go to). You go around in a circle, switching every 30 seconds from a machine to a walking board. It's really easy and it's only 30 minutes. There's not any overwhelming feelings of "what should I do" like I used to have all the time when I had a membership to an actual gym. I never knew what to do and probably did too much of something and not enough of something else. With Curves you do everything in 30 minutes.

Justified said:
:scream: Gotta love the holidays and just having a poor diet over the past 3 mths. It seems that this lack of health in my routine is now starting to show. And I am not happy with it, therefore back on the diet I go! I am going to join a gym as well to dump this excess weight and to tone up.

:scream:

Aw, come on...what are you a size 8????? :) :yes:

Justified said:
The pants are snug therefore I am going back on the Atkins Diet

Chet! :up:

feature.jpg

which angela do you mean? because i am moving in with you one day

bonosgirl84 said:
it was warm enough here to swim today.

i did laps. :D

i am joining a pool soon.
i have a plan, to cut down on half the junkfood i eat now and to swim as regularly as possible.

atkins is scary.
:|

Re: which angela do you mean? because i am moving in with you one day

Angela Harlem said:

atkins is scary.

Agree.

P.S. I also agree that it is time to rid all the extra junk in the old trunk

i meant you angie of course

is atkins that diet with the red A on everything?

it scares me.

it's kind of secretive. and cultish.

Re: angela...come to las vegas

bonosgirl84 said:
it was warm enough here to swim today.

i did laps. :D

There was a very old joke about a man who took his blonde wife to a pool party; when asked by a friend if she enjoyed the party, she said, "Yes, I did laps!"

Her friend said, "Oh, really? how many?"

The blonde wife said "Everyone's!!!"

:)

ive been on atkins since october 4. gone from ~230 to ~180 since.
i stayed in induction for about 5 weeks and have been reintegrating carbs since.
i now have cereal a few times a week, lots of salad and some breaded things (chicken).
low carb beer has proven helpful-don't know whats in the states but theres 3 or 4 different brands in canada now (sleeman clear is the best).
the subway wraps are pretty convenient for me (i have them 4 nites a week when i am out of the house till late in the evening).

it has definitely altered my behavior. i have absolutely no sweets and havent since i began. 0 cravings as well. i did want trifle on christmas day but managed to resist. all in all smooth sailing.

Last edited:
"snug"
I like that word
:hug:snug:hug:

I have stories

but I won't tell them

:sad:

well i just made homemade brownies. :drool: F%# the diet! I am PMSing and had a great meeting today in Florida that I deserve these homemade brownies!

Good for you Kobe and verte! :applaud:

I like Atkins cuz I don't feel hungry. I can eat any vegetables, most fruits, and as much meat, eggs, cheese as I want and still lose weight. There are many great chocolate substitutes as well so that I don't feel deprived. I have low carb bread and pasta now too! :) And with so many restaurants getting on board, it's getting that much easier to stick with it :up:

I started back on Atkins this week. Yesterday a coworker brought doughnuts :banghead: but I didn't give in.
This morning they were still there and I lifted the lid and just stared at the doughnuts :drool: but I didn't get one! :applaud:
I had a handful of almonds instead.

I will say that drinking water ALOT really does help curve cravings.

Back
Top Bottom