The pants are snug therefore I am going back on the Atkins Diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes but right now I have a headache. I neeeeeeed sugar. :crack:

I even glanced at the screen and thought the ^ 5 free tracks said 5 free snacks ^ :|

If it was possible I would live on sweets alone. Candy and coffee all day long! :drool:

Try one of the Carbolite chocolates. A couple of small bites really helps kill the neeeeed for sugar. It has helped me many a time...

Last edited:
i hear by proclaim this thread the official weight loss update thread. :up:

i had a very very good workout tonight. so far, no lbs lost but this has only just begun.

current size: 12 and pushing it

current weight : 1:censored:8 lbs! :angry:

by the way those atkins wraps at subway are awesome! :drool: :heart:

Last edited:
OK, I think I have been convinced. I've been reading the new Atkins book all night, and I'm going to try it. I know that I am totally addicted to sugar (and I don't even put it on anything, I always use sweeteners) but I am a complete dessert-aholic. I'm sick of the way I look and feel, so I'm going to give it a go.

The only thing that truly bums me out is the beer thing. I hate light beers, and I think Michelob Ultra is nasty. I love my dark beers, and that's going to be a bitch to give up.

As I like to say, my two favorite things in life are beer and ice cream.....gah.

Today I will drink my 2 litre bottle of water at work before I have my 'treat' of a black decaff unsweetened coffee. It's amazing how much I look forward to that coffee!!

Was quite good yesterday - low carb (home made) soy protein and linseed porridge for breakfast, plain ham and undressed salad for lunch, pork stir fry for dinner, and a snack of a v small piece of cheese and a square of diabetic chocolate. And managed to drink 2 1/2 litres of water :up:

I'm not going to weigh myself until next week.... *must be strong*

A good forum for ideas/recipes/support is at http://forum.lowcarber.org/ - I'm BonoLover there :sexywink:

BTW, I'm surpised you like Carbolite stuff Doug - you'd never go back if you had the chance to try Ross chocolates :drool: My Super Walmart carries them, sooooo good - you just have to watch the sugar alcohols. I can have about 20 grams in a day before my GI tract severly protests :uhoh: Russell Stovers sugar-free products are also good and cost less than their LC candies, but again have to watch the sugar alcohols....

www.thebetterhealthstore.com has lots of items to choose from and are generally cheaper then what most regular health food store sells them for (IF they even carry these products). Shipping is a flat $5 in U.S. or free if you spend more than $50. My faves:

-Genisoy low carb crunch bars (JUST like a chewy granola bar - peanut butter is AWESOME!!)
-Minicarb brownies, chocolate hot cereal
-sippersweets (drink mix - raspberry lemonade is my fave)
-control carb gourmet brownies (cordial cherry extra yummy)
-atkins shake mixes very cheap
-keto *spaghetti* (not shells or macaroni), jelly

Blimpies now has a LC sandwich menu - they make sandwiches with LC bread that looks/tastes like normal bread (not like the Subway wraps). You can make a meal with LC soy chips (not bad) and brownie (great - I think they are the control carb gourmet brownies). Ruby Tuesday also has a LC menu, lots of good stuff especially their LC cheesecake :drool:

~LadyLemon~ said:
OK, I think I have been convinced. I've been reading the new Atkins book all night, and I'm going to try it. I know that I am totally addicted to sugar (and I don't even put it on anything, I always use sweeteners) but I am a complete dessert-aholic. I'm sick of the way I look and feel, so I'm going to give it a go.

The only thing that truly bums me out is the beer thing. I hate light beers, and I think Michelob Ultra is nasty. I love my dark beers, and that's going to be a bitch to give up.

As I like to say, my two favorite things in life are beer and ice cream.....gah.

Good for you! Reading the book is the best thing to do before starting this :up:

I don't know if you like Rolling Rock, but they now have a LC version of their beer. Another option is a drink called Thin Ice (supposed to be like Smirnoff's Ice drinks), info on distributors here: www.drinkthinice.com

Ice cream options are much easier now - Breyers has Carbsmart ice cream in chocolate :drool:, vanilla :up:, and strawberry :down: There is a brand called LeCarb that has about 6 different flavors of ice cream, I still like Breyers better. Klondike has 2 different ice cream - on - sticks options, one is just plain chocolate and the other is vanilla ice cream with a chocolate coating outside (my fave of the 2). You can also make it at home if you get one of those ice cream makers :)

Last edited:
bonosloveslave said:

Good for you! Reading the book is the best thing to do before starting this :up:

I don't know if you like Rolling Rock, but they now have a LC version of their beer. Another option is a drink called Thin Ice (supposed to be like Smirnoff's Ice drinks), info on distributors here: www.drinkthinice.com

Ice cream options are much easier now - Breyers has Carbsmart ice cream in chocolate :drool:, vanilla :up:, and strawberry :down: There is a brand called LeCarb that has about 6 different flavors of ice cream, I still like Breyers better. Klondike has 2 different ice cream - on - sticks options, one is just plain chocolate and the other is vanilla ice cream with a chocolate coating outside (my fave of the 2). You can also make it at home if you get one of those ice cream makers :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I do like Rolling Rock and I did try the new stuff around Thanksgiving. It was ok, again, I love really strong beer so even an MGD or Budweiser is just totally lacking to me (ha, what a snob I am!). However, I do love wine, and it's fairly low in carbs. Or when I get past induction, I'll let myself have one of my 'good' beers as a treat every once in a while.

Well I am starting tomorrow...I am just worried that I will get so sick of what I am limited to during induction. I LOVE fruit, so it will be tough to give it up for a while. But I am hoping it will all be worth it in the end! :)

Yeah, it was hard to pass on the fruits during induction, but it's for a very short period of time and those are the best things to add back in when you start increasing your carb intake :)

i dont know if i trust any diet that makes you give up fruit, but allows for low carb "thick burgers" from hardees

Hey Beth--thanks for pointing out that forum! I have found loads of great info on there. I am registered as my alterego KC Ramone...although I've only posted once since I've mainly been checking out all the tips and recipes there.

:)

bonosloveslave said:
I can eat any vegetables, most fruits, and as much meat, eggs, cheese as I want and still lose weight.

Which fruits are Atkins friendly?

And thanks for the wealth of information - I stopped Atkins almost year ago. A lot has sure changed since then. :up:

Berries are the lowest carb fruits and Atkins suggests adding in blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries back into your diet after induction. You just have to do trial and error with them, see if they set off cravings and/or you start gaining weight again (portion size is often the issue). If not, you can start adding in more low-glycemic (usually higher fiber) fruits such as apples, grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, etc.

The Atkins site has a page on fruits here:
http://atkins.com/Archive/2003/2/10-469820.html

I just joined Curves last week, so far I have been 5 times..today will be my 6th visit. I really like it, its fun and it seems better than the gym because you know exactly what to do. I hope it works! I have also been watching my diet (which sucks! I love my pasta and my bread!!!)
I really would like to lose the 10 pounds I have put on in the last 10 years since high school....

Well let me give you all a tip- do what I did- I developed a major food allergy that cuts out 2 thirds of the human diet lol! It sux at first, but it works. Pain is a very strong motivator not to eat naughty foods!

The problem I find with the Atkins diet is that it is very expensive to eat! A kilo bag of rice is a tenth the price of a kilo of meat, cheese, or whatever!

and the atkins branded food is really expensive too - they only just started selling it in shops here in the UK, and a packet of 5 'morning crisp' bars is ?5 - that's over $9 :shocked:

And the Atkins Advantage bars are ?1.80 each - that's $3.30 :shocked::shocked:

Good job I don't really like to eat processed foods - I'll only ever buy low carb products as a treat.

I reserve the bars for those times when I need something sweet or chocolate. Hoepfully with more manufacturers entering the low carb arena, prices will drop.

I couldnt imagine me on the Atkins Diet my sister needs something with carbs in every meal. We have a nice balanced diet. Its the best one, we are all the right weight :up:

I hate diets, I found I lsot most weight when I didnt pay attn to it and watched everything I ate.

Woo-hoo!! I'm on day four...weighed myself for the first time this morning and I've lost three pounds! I know right now it's water weight, but still it's encouraging since my weight has stuck at the same point for two years now!!!

:D

bonosloveslave said:
:applaud:

Drink lots and lots of water - that goes for dieters and nondieters alike! :yes:

I drank TWO 20 oz bottles of water today at work :yuck: I was in the bathroom at least twice an hour all day. The receptionist didn't say anything but she had a funny look on her face everytime I walked by her to go into the bathroom. :|

Be careful with the Atkins diet- too few carbs can wreak havok on your body, I know I get all woozy and queasy if I don't keep up my carbs.

Back
Top Bottom