The Only Baggage That You Can Bring, Is All That You Can't Leave Behind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
It's kind of funny. For the longest time Walk On has always been my favorite U2 song, well at least long for me. For the longest time, in regards to school, life, and graduation coming up I was always thinking more about the lyric at the end.
Leave it behind
You've got to leave it behind
All that you fashion
All that you make...
I was actually feeling kind of sentimental and sad to leave it behind. However as I was riding my bicycle today, as I often do, I was thinking about graduation more, I realized that what I really didn't need to leave everything behind. All the people that I met, that I want to continue to know and talk to, nothing stops me from continuing to talk to and be with them. The time, building, experiences, that's what I'm leaving behind, but the spirit, the people, my relationships, that's what I get to take with me. And with that realization, I realized why they titled the album "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and the importance of that lyric. I realize there is no reason to be sad, because what is really important and matters, I will take with me.

I posted this mostly for my own benefit, but also for any interferencers graduating this year. Congratulations to the class of 2005, may you all suceed in your endeavors and make the best of this beautiful world we have to sculpt! :yes:

Our 18-year old graduates Tuesday...this past week, it seems that realization has set in...he recently turned 18 and he understands that he is truly responsible for his actions...he and his friends have talked about moving out on their own; that may come to fruition and it just seems like he's looking at his lifestyle a little differently.

Good Luck to All Grads! :up:

Hey, I feel what you are saying. I will be graduation on the 24, and my last day of "school" is tuesday, essentially,

Good luck to you and the class of 2005 as well...

I won't have much to leave behind, personally, but I will try to keep in touch with people. In a way, it will be pretty good for me to move on, since I don't have a lot invested in the area around me...

BUt there is always so much to everyhing.....

I wonder what the future holds for me, and whether or not I will get what I believe I want....

Congrats Graduates! It is so true that this is a new start in your life, but you can take the important things and people with you! I spoke with my best friend from High school this morning. We live about 700 miles apart and graduated school a very long time ago, but we still talk and see each other often. Remember to make time for the important things and to keep your eyes open, life is a crazy ride that goes by way to fast.

Congratulations Graduates Class of 2005. My little guy is graduating from preschool tomorrow. I know I am going to cry!

Walk On is the most beautiful graduation song.

Congrats to the class of 2005. My graduation was a combination of joy and terror. I was happy to finally be graduating, I had times when I didn't think I'd ever graduate, and I did it. I suck under pressure and I had a terrible time dealing with academic pressure. I was afraid of college, and the future in general, just at having to make it in the real world. It was before I was diagnosed as an autistic, I just knew I had some really big issues to carry. But I enjoyed my graduation, we had a really cool party and had fun.

05 what?

Our graduation was 2 weeks ago. One day between our last day of school and graduation.

nbcrusader said:
Congratulations on your accomplishment. :up:

I hope you can take Bono's lyrics as a call to seek significance instead of success.

Yes, in many ways they have, NBC

those are good words.....

because of Bono's lyrics, I find myself, at this very moment,and throughout

seeking perhaps the most significant thing I can think of, for me, in my life.

I owe Bono and co a lot- they are my musical shelter.

I'd like to dedicate this post to the song I love, PRIDE. It is a sentimental favorite and it has become something very grand to me. I think it has a lot to do with my views about love, and what love is, what it means, what it means to do things for/in the name of love, and even my ambition,and ambition for love.

It is so interesting..... to perhaps find someone who loves the way you do, more so, someone who apprecaite how you love them, and especially when you appreciate how someone loves you...

Anyhow.... PRIDE has a lot to do with my favoire kind of love - maybe not sacrificial, but unconditional. I think I have actually found someone I am going to love no matter what, and forever. though it may go dorment, though we may go our separate ways... a part of her will always be in my heart

And that makes me happy, and Proud in a way.
Especially since I never really thought I would be able to experience such a thing, nontheless care about someone to that degree.

HMm, I guess I should get off my soapbox :huh:

Back
Top Bottom