The Men's Department frightens me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
Whenever i go to a mall and have to walk through the mens department in order to get to wherever it is I need to go, i get very uncomfortable.
Its like walking through enemy territory! I feel like an F-16 zipping merrily through Kansas, then crossing the border into Afghanistan! I just summon up all my courage, and briskly walk through it.
And Home Depot? Forget it - thats the equivalent of the USSR!
biggrin.gif
If i have to go there, I'll take a female friend along with me. Safety in numbers!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 12-06-2001).]

LMAO

that sounds like me... I was at the mall with my gf and her best friend (this is back in the day, 11 months ago or somethin). Anyways theyre like ooh clothing store, im just like *sigh*... This is like the second time Ive been out with her, and so they go in and theyre browsing through undergarments and such and Im just like yeah Ill wait on this bench thanks... I know it sounds pathetic, but I mean, Im already uncomfortable with someone I dont know, and someone I want to get to know better, and I dont want to make a complete idiot out of myself, let alone the uncomforting factor of a womens clothing store... Thank goodness they didnt take long... LOL

I dont know why Id bother posting this, not like anyone cares LOL

We understand!
tongue.gif

Yeah, when shopping with a memeber of the opposite sex, i guess its best to stick to shops that appeal to both,lol
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

At Nordstrom's their men's section is called "The Men's Store". So I make a point to ask how much a good man is costing these days, or if they could show me their finest specimen. Hehehehe, they have have shown me some FINE specimens!!!
wink.gif

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

As a child I always felt REALLY uncomfortable being dragged through the "women's underwear" dept. on the occasions when mom needed to shop there, as we did the mall thing.

...Hmmmm, perhaps I should save that for my next "session".

I also used to HATE "Lerner" Stores. GOD, I hate em to this day! In fact, Seinfeld used to do a great bit on how some kids react to being dragged around while mom browses... a sudden 'paralysis' of the legs attacks and the kid cant walk and has to be dragged and pivoted by the hand,.. and then theres the non-stop bitchin and moanin...

...geeezzzz.... More good stuff to talk about on my next session.

Back
Top Bottom