The Interpretation of my Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus Annie

Refugee
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxar
After what must have been over 3 years of having variations of a recuring dream of me returning to Cheltenham to complete doing a degree that I didn't want to do, my nightly stories changed took a different twist earlier this year. Not only have I had 4 or 5 lucid dreams but I've also dreamed of people or events before they happened.

One dream I had that also lucid was where I was having an argument with my mum and a women who I've never met before. All of a sudden I realized that I did not recognize the house where I was. "I must be dreaming" I thought to myself. Although I'm not supposed to believe in Psychoanalysis views on dreaming or Psychology in general, I have read about lucid dreaming in dream books so if you are having a bad time in a dream you can carry out certain tasks such as flicking on and off a light switch (flashing lights do not replicate well in the dreamworld), or playing a music on vinyl (well known songs sound incoherant whilst dreaming). The song that came on happened to be Everybreath You Take by The Police.

A couple of weeks later I had an argument with my mum about what Sting said about The X Factor!

For some reason I've had a few dreams about Bret Michaels even though I'm not a fan of Poison. A month or two ago I dreamt that for some reason I was visiting him in prison. I don't know what he was supposed to be in there for but I remember him telling me that the project I had just started was right for me and that I should not look back. I think was the first strange dream I had.

Within a week I heard that he had suffered a brain hemorrhage and was in a coma.

Yesterday I experienced one of the best lucid dreams yet. Again it was featuring Bret Michaels and we were on a beach bar discusing guitarists. Other than the fact I was talking to Bret Michaels as if he was a close friend, there is a distinct lack of hot sandy beaches with palm trees where I live so I knew that I was dreaming. I remember him saying that Hendrix was a huge idol of his and that he would do anything just to meet him for one second. I then told him that I could make his dream come true for him by making him appear right in front of us because I was in control of this dream. So I concentrated hard and sure enough Jimi Hendrix appeared right in front of us and I made him dissapear again just before I woke up.

Later on I found out that he had suffered a minor stroke and that tests found a hole in his heart.

Earlier this week I had a dream about U2 playing at Glastonbury but I can't remember exactly what happened. I also had a dream about an old lady who was an amateur detective in Bath who was investigating a murder, only to be told by my mum that a friend of hers who lived in Bath was telling her about a newly retired lady who has taken up amateur sleuthing and was investigating a gruesome murder. This women received a visit from policemen in plain clothing warning to let the police do their job because she doesn't know what she is getting herself involved in. Apparently little Bath has a sinister underworld.

Hi there. Just wanted to say I dream a lot, too, and quite a few times also have 'lucid' dreams. In 90% of my dreams, I am aware that I am dreaming and sometimes can manipulate my dreams, especially when they're nightmares and are about to take a horrible turn which I don't want to. It's something you can believe in to be true, or not. I know for sure though that this is something very important to me, and something I have been learning better and better over the past few years. To me, my dreams are a constant reflection of my state of well-being in 'real life', so e.g. when I am having a recurring bad dream, and something gets solved in real life, those dreams will stop too and take a different turn. Also, mine are very intense, sometimes I can really feel the pain/emotions in those dreams so clear. Even when I wake up sometimes I need to 'get a grip back on reality' again. I've also dreamt about events/people before stuff happened. Was kind of scary in the beginning, but I've learned to deal with it and give it a place in my life.

And I also learned that whatever people may think of me/my dreams or if they believe in it or not, I deserve at least a little respect for that inner world of me, as I know it's very important to help me coping/processing things. And I believe it's true, so someone else has no right whatsoever to tell me it's not. Just let each other be, are my thoughts in those situations...

If you ever want to share more of your dreams, or just want to receive some feedback or something, don't hesitate to send me a PM :)

Back
Top Bottom