The craziest thing you've done for love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Cross the sky? Scaled this city walls?
Pour your love out for her/him?
Went on your knees?

Is there any REALLY crazy thing you've done for love?

And what are/were the results??

Please, tell all about it!

Attachments

• umbrella.jpg
    umbrella.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 148
Part I: Spent $500 on concert tickets.

Result : waste of money in the end :lol:...but oh well.

Part II: (Diffrent Person) - Asked them to dinner

Result: No repsonse since

Oh how I have a way with the ladies! :wink:

Waited 2 years for him to finally come around and realize that he was still in love with me. Now Im about to move away from everything I know to be with him :).

Btw Tara I didn't realize that you had been married this long already! Congrats :).

BonosBaby12 said:
Waited 2 years for him to finally come around and realize that he was still in love with me. Now Im about to move away from everything I know to be with him :).

What made him realize he was in love with you?

I don't think I've ever done anything crazy for love :hmm:

I've raise her up, and helped her down.
I got her right out of this godforsaken town.
I made it all a little less cold
I've held her sacred, I've held her tight.
I colorized my life (I’m so sick of black and white)
I've made it all a little less old.
I've made her some some magic, with me own two hands,
I've built an emerald city with these grains of sand.
I gave her something she can take home.
I've catered to her down with holy water, if she gets too hot.
I've taken her places she's never known.

I can do that. Yes, I can do that.

redkat said:

What made him realize he was in love with you?

I don't think I've ever done anything crazy for love :hmm:

I actually just found out that not long ago that after we broke up he was still in love with me. Kept having this mind set though that the distance would always be a problem. Than I went to visit him in 2003 and he felt he was ready to give it a try again. During the time we were apart though we stayed the best of friends. We always kept open the lines of communication about our feelings and where we stood with it all.

BonosBaby12 said:

I actually just found out that not long ago that after we broke up he was still in love with me. Kept having this mind set though that the distance would always be a problem. Than I went to visit him in 2003 and he felt he was ready to give it a try again. During the time we were apart though we stayed the best of friends. We always kept open the lines of communication about our feelings and where we stood with it all.

That's great! Good luck to you both, absence makes the heart grow fonder, or something of the like?

When I love, it just hurts. :sad:

I am curious as to why you started this thread, lady luck. Something on the bloom again?

As for myself...I guess it's better not to get into it.

It's funny. I was in my then girlfriend's psychology class. Then we split up, so I switched classes and met someone... she's now my fiance.

I guess what I really did though was just talk and talk and talk in class so much so I think I annoyed her into a first date...and missed a lot of notes. :wink:

Gave up a job offer in my field so that I could work while he finished college and ended up that neither of us have an occupation that is related to our degrees.
:lol:

The job was a dig.
They found a 85% complete fossil.
They all have secure jobs in archeology for a lifetime.
I have Mr GG.
And yes, I still think that I am crazy to think that he could not have done without me for 45 days.

But......There will always be another dig, but not another Mr. GG :hug:

After much chasing (on his part) and much resistance (on my part), I finally decided to take a chance on a "no good, trouble-making redneck". :silent: (Mr. Blu says that's a direct quote... I don't remember it exactly that way, but his memory on this particular thing seems to be pretty clear!).

Anyway, I took a chance & it paid off big time :yes: - we'll mark our 14th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. :heart: :heart: :heart:

(And he actually wasn't a 'trouble-making redneck'. Turns out he's a great big teddy bear - you just have to get past the grizzly attitude sometimes. :wink: )

Got Philk? said:
It's funny. I was in my then girlfriend's psychology class. Then we split up, so I switched classes and met someone... she's now my fiance.

I guess what I really did though was just talk and talk and talk in class so much so I think I annoyed her into a first date...and missed a lot of notes. :wink:

Clarification - Phil didn't miss ANY notes because he was given copies from the Professor. :mad: I, on the other hand, had to take my own notes and put up with his yacking. :wink:

BluRmGrl said:
After much chasing (on his part) and much resistance (on my part), I finally decided to take a chance on a "no good, trouble-making redneck". :silent: (Mr. Blu says that's a direct quote... I don't remember it exactly that way, but his memory on this particular thing seems to be pretty clear!).

Anyway, I took a chance & it paid off big time :yes: - we'll mark our 14th wedding anniversary on Wednesday. :heart: :heart: :heart:

(And he actually wasn't a 'trouble-making redneck'. Turns out he's a great big teddy bear - you just have to get past the grizzly attitude sometimes. :wink: )

Wow! Congrats!!!
BTW... it's great u call him Mr. Blu!!

Carek1230 said:

That's great! Good luck to you both, absence makes the heart grow fonder, or something of the like?

When I love, it just hurts. :sad:

Thank you that means a lot :hug: Oh and it's true about abscence making the heart grow fonder! I actually become giddy on the days I fly to go see him :giggle:

I hope you are able to be lucky someday in the game of love. You have a very good heart :).

Sold everything and moved to a different country. Could not even speak the language well.

Back
Top Bottom