The craziest thing you've done for love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
girlhappy said:
Lady Luck, did you send me something on my e-mail address before?

I used the button in your profile -- just to ask you how you were.

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Craziest thing I ever did for love? Forgave him again...and again...and again...after we broke up and cared about him more than anything even though he didn't.

But the good news is we're very good friends now, and he's helping me get a job where he works! :wink:

:ohmy:

So, after a while, I am ready to say what is the craziest thing I've done for love.
On April 28 I flew from Milan, Italy to Los Angeles just to spend 3 days with my boy.
I came back yesterday, May 2 and I am at work now -- pretty exhausted, but happy. even if I am a lil melancholy because it was great to spend the time with this wpnderful person.

Result: a promise. he'll come to me as soon as he has rearranged some things where he works, probably in a couple of months.

Oh My God.

Stayed studying in Honduras instead of applying to an American college. She left me a year later and I'm stuck in Honduras.

I do, however, have a job I like and am studying law which I enjoy.

Still, I kind of resent all my classmates who left the country and come back in summer and Christmas with all those stories.

Congrats to all the people who have found someone! :heart:

I'd have to say as well the craziest thing I've done for love was to declare my love to someone knowing full well that he loved me, but wasn't in love with me. It was worth it though for him to know how much he meant to me and how he changed my life. We remained friends and this Saturday he is getting married to someone else. I'm driving a very long way to be there to show my love and support.

Second craziest thing had to be marrying Mr. Cat after we'd been dating for 2 months. :giggle: I figured if I didn't snatch him up some other girl would steal him. He was too cute and sweet to resist. We'll have been together now for 10 years in December. :love:

Mr. Baw I have to say that has to be one of the most touching stories. Your a definetly a great husband! I can totally understand why BAW married you. I bet your just as good a friend as you are a husband. :heart:

I don´t really think I have done anything crazy for love but he did something crazy for me. I was moving from Ireland to here (Spain) and he left his country and his work to be with me for a year and will come back home with me afterwards (in 20 days time!).

His family have been really good to me even and make an effort to speak to me in my own language, I am learning Dutch so I can speak to his parents but I am already learning French and Spanish and it´s quite difficult for me. They all sent me birthday cards and gave me presents at Christmas even though they have only met me a handful of times. My family like him just as much and my parents helped find him a job that he can start in Sept.

We´ve been living together 8 months now and I enjoy each day with him more and more. He really spoils me with little surprises or trips away and will go shopping, tidy and make the breakfast and let me sleep for an extra 10 minutes because I hate getting out of bed. He always makes dinner and sometimes I feel a bit lazy because everything is done when I get home! I know I am very lucky.

Russty Cat said:
Mr. Baw I have to say that has to be one of the most touching stories. Your a definetly a great husband! I can totally understand why BAW married you. I bet your just as good a friend as you are a husband. :heart:
:BLUSHING:
Thank you for so much attention today; this post, the IO# thread, I'm blushing...I am your friend, too. :HUG:

Lara Mullen said:
I don´t really think I have done anything crazy for love but he did something crazy for me. I was moving from Ireland to here (Spain) and he left his country and his work to be with me for a year and will come back home with me afterwards (in 20 days time!).

His family have been really good to me even and make an effort to speak to me in my own language, I am learning Dutch so I can speak to his parents but I am already learning French and Spanish and it´s quite difficult for me. They all sent me birthday cards and gave me presents at Christmas even though they have only met me a handful of times. My family like him just as much and my parents helped find him a job that he can start in Sept.

We´ve been living together 8 months now and I enjoy each day with him more and more. He really spoils me with little surprises or trips away and will go shopping, tidy and make the breakfast and let me sleep for an extra 10 minutes because I hate getting out of bed. He always makes dinner and sometimes I feel a bit lazy because everything is done when I get home! I know I am very lucky.

wonderful story, Lara!!

:hmm:

I don't think I can top my hubby's giant bra story :lol: but I guess the craziest thing I've ever done is as follows.

Almost 17 years ago, I decided to change every single thing about my life so I could have a future with the man I love.

Once I made the committment to be with him, I packed up my babies and loaded my entire life into a moving van in the pouring rain and crammed it all into his tiny house. I stopped doing things that were harmful to me and cut out everyone in my life who was encourating my negative lifestyle. I went from socializing with some not so nice people to socializing with cops and people who never had so much as a traffic ticket! It was REALLY scary and it took a while to completely change my way of life but damn, has it ever been worth it! :heart:

Mr. BAW said:
BAW had open heart surgery in the year before our marriage; I went brassiere shopping for her after I brought her home from St. Jude's....(with all the bandages and compress material, she needed one about 2 to 3 sizes larger than normal)...

Can you imagine the looks I got..."do you have this in a 44F please?" :lol:
Now that is true love. :cute:
BAW, I think you made the right committment, what a great husband you have.
I have no doubt in my mind that my wonderfull hubby would do the same for me.
He has a couple of times had to go and buy me a certain feminine hygiene product when I was so sick I couldn't get up and walk. That is love when a man can go through a store check out line with those in hand. :love:

I remember when I brought her home from the hospital; she was in so much pain...she couldn't sleep laying down and with a houseful of kids (there were 4 of them then) it was chaotic from the start...I set her down and told her I'd be right back; I headed out to Levitz Furniture and bought, from the showroom floor, a full-size recliner...I refused to wait for "delivery" and piled the recliner on top of our Nissan Pathfinder and drove it home within 30 minutes...it was like "here's my cash, I'm taking that one,,,,,NOW!" What was really amazing, was my determination to get that recliner into the bedroom where she could have peace and quiet..BAW was able to sleep sitting up for the next 5 nights..

Following her recovery, the chair went into the TV room and then the fight was on as to "whose chair" was it!!!

the things we do for love....:heart:

:love: You're a lucky man, Mr. BAW... if I weren't already married to the greatest guy on the East Coast & driving him crazy, I'd be seriously checking into the greatest guy on the West Coast! :sexywink:

I mean, yeah you're already married, but if you'd be willing to talk polyamy, we might really have something! :ohmy: :lmao:

I believe Kelly & I and you & Char prove that spouses CAN be best friends & that passion for each other doesn't always cool. If you've got the right person, they just make you hotter & hotter for them as the years pass. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Mr. BAW said:
I remember when I brought her home from the hospital; she was in so much pain...she couldn't sleep laying down and with a houseful of kids (there were 4 of them then) it was chaotic from the start...I set her down and told her I'd be right back; I headed out to Levitz Furniture and bought, from the showroom floor, a full-size recliner...I refused to wait for "delivery" and piled the recliner on top of our Nissan Pathfinder and drove it home within 30 minutes...it was like "here's my cash, I'm taking that one,,,,,NOW!" What was really amazing, was my determination to get that recliner into the bedroom where she could have peace and quiet..BAW was able to sleep sitting up for the next 5 nights..

Following her recovery, the chair went into the TV room and then the fight was on as to "whose chair" was it!!!

the things we do for love....:heart:

That really is one of the sweetest stories :cute: So clear to see how much you and BAW really love each other.

Btw Lara congrats with your love :)

Last edited:
lady luck said:
Thank you soooooooo much, girl happy!!! How are you??

I have new job again.it is hard to re-adjust again.New place, new kids, and i miss my kids from last job terribly.:(
But, i am really out of old story you know (about my "friend") .I dont have any contact any more.It is hard sometimes, but i dont need any of that shit anymore. i am also pretty much into job(s) so i dont expect anything in my love-life anyway!:|

Wow - these are some amazing stories! :heart:

I've never been in love with anyone before, so I haven't had the chance to do something crazy for love. One day, I hope! :)

ThoraSEB said:
Wow - these are some amazing stories! :heart:

I've never been in love with anyone before, so I haven't had the chance to do something crazy for love. One day, I hope! :)

The day isn't over....:wink: Mr. Right is around the bend..maybe even someone you bump into at a concert, perhaps...? :)

The craziest thing I did for love was almost move to Georgia to be with a guy that I was into at the time. This was back in 98. I'm glad I didn't do it.

And...

The craziest thing my boyfriend did for love is move from where he lived(which is two hours away) to be with me and start a life together. :heart: I feel really lucky. :love:

Well I haven't really done anything crazy yet per se but come fall i plan on signing up for a class soley because this amazing guy who I've been getting to know will be in it. The class itself will probably cost $400...so yeah, it's crazy...not too diffrent than shelling out $300 for U2 in Atlanta back november...

Mr. BAW said:

The day isn't over....:wink: Mr. Right is around the bend..maybe even someone you bump into at a concert, perhaps...? :)

:lol: Maybe I'll meet him tonight! Concerts are a great place to meet people. It will be fun! :D

Back
Top Bottom