The craziest thing you've done for love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really have done anything crazy for love but if it's love, then I'd move across country or even to another one - I'm not good with long distance relationships :hug:

I have thought and thought about this question and finally arrived at an answer. The craziest thing I did for love was file for divorce. It's what he wanted, but he didn't have the balls to do it, so he cheated and hurt me so when I awoke one morning and dried my tears, even though I still loved him, I let him go. I filed for divorce. Then I packed up our son and my life and moved across the state and started a new chapter which was the best thing that I ever did for myself. :)

Good for you Carek! It's really good to see that you did have a happy ending after all! :hug:

After spending the day with my best friend the other day I realized something else. The other craziest thing I have ever done for love was let someone go. Was deeply in love with this friend for about 7 years. He was my first love and I was head over heels. Realized though we just weren't meant to be a couple. While it hurt to realize this I let the dream of being with him go.

The happy ending: We are still best friends (he's like a brother to me)and I will always have a very special love for him. Also I still ended up finding love with someone else. With this guy I know it's meant to be :).

:applaud: Good story, BonosBaby! Sometimes it is good to let things go. We can do that for love and in a positive light, it doesn't have to be ugly, negative and sad. Good you are friends. Unfortunately with my Ex he is a Rat Bastard and I cannot stand him. Even our son tells me he knows his dad is a cheat, liar and has a lot of faults. But good things can come from sadness. Here's a hug for you :hug:

Yep, things always do get better. I've learned a lot over the years and I try to have a good positive outlook because negativity is so draining and unhealthy. I try to laugh every day, and no matter what happens I kind of step back and tell myself take a deep breath cuz it's gonna pass...it's gonna be alright. The sun's gonna set and then rise again tomorrow and the next day and the next...no matter what life goes on. AND we ALL go through ups and downs, good and bad times. So go with the flow. :hug:

Carek u brought tears to my eyes, but I am soooo happy to know you found your way to balance things.

To have a positive attitude sure can help everyone, especially when it all seems to go the wrong way.
I suppose everyone should find his/her guiding light, being it faith, religion, a special friend -- or love!

I agree with you lady LUck!I miss you, how are you doing?Didnt hear from you long!
Carek, you are beautiful person and your view is especially valuable because i got feeling you have been through a lot. Really nice attitude, i wish i can look at the world that way!:wave: :dance:

Bonos baby what a great story" I was happy after i read it!It is so special that you have this special relationsip with your no-meant to be,and still you have found your true love. Seems to me...a lots og love around! Really beautiful.You are really rich!:yes: :happy:

Awwwwww thank you Girlhappy :hug: Honestly consider myself very blessed and lucky. They are both 2 amazing guys who treat me like pure gold. In fact they both attended my brother's wedding with me back in Sept :wink: Aric (my special friend) is a really good friend of my family. Took me awhile to realize it but some things are just mean to be certain ways. With my true love we are as compatiable and happy as we can be with each other :). And I got to keep a friendship that means the world to me.

I hope someday that you are able to be just as lucky as I am. You have such a warm heart! :hug:

BAW had open heart surgery in the year before our marriage; I went brassiere shopping for her after I brought her home from St. Jude's....(with all the bandages and compress material, she needed one about 2 to 3 sizes larger than normal)...

Can you imagine the looks I got..."do you have this in a 44F please?" :lol:

girlhappy said:
I agree with you lady LUck!I miss you, how are you doing?Didnt hear from you long!
Carek, you are beautiful person and your view is especially valuable because i got feeling you have been through a lot. Really nice attitude, i wish i can look at the world that way!:wave: :dance:

I am fine -- thanks! And it seems something is moving in my life.. But I am a lil scaramantic so I am trying to keep my feet on the ground...

How are u??

I finally got the job! And i am wotking with the kids, so that is shiny part. Other part is..it is just temporery. And by now(ai am working since January ) i am in love with these kids.
Also, i had enough of suffering and pain with my so called friend so no matter how hard i decided to finally let him go. i just hope that i will feell beter eventually and that i can open my heart for new love...:wink:

^ Wow, I see the dawn of a new era!!
I am sooooo happy for you :hug:!!!!!!!!!!!

lady luck said:
^ Wow, I see the dawn of a new era!!
I am sooooo happy for you :hug:!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much, lady Luck!You are such warm-hearted.And you know how hard it was for me sometimes. Now i feel much better with a job and purpose in my life.

girlhappy said:

Thank you so much, lady Luck!You are such warm-hearted.And you know how hard it was for me sometimes. Now i feel much better with a job and purpose in my life.

I'm glad for that!! I sent you a couple of e-mails during the past weeks, but I am not sure you got them!!

==============================================

I still haven't done a really crazy thing for love.. but yesterday I did one of the most romantic things I've ever done in my life, that is I've sent to my guy a real letter...
You know, I'm used to exchange e-mails and phone calls, so the idea of hand.writing and send something with the traditional postal service just sounded cool!

Unfortunately, I have no idea of how long it'll take before he reads it :huh:

lady luck said:

I'm glad for that!! I sent you a couple of e-mails during the past weeks, but I am not sure you got them!!

==============================================

I still haven't done a really crazy thing for love.. but yesterday I did one of the most romantic things I've ever done in my life, that is I've sent to my guy a real letter...
You know, I'm used to exchange e-mails and phone calls, so the idea of hand.writing and send something with the traditional postal service just sounded cool!

Unfortunately, I have no idea of how long it'll take before he reads it :huh:

No, i didnt receive your e-mail!Can you tell me the address you have? Yes, you did the unusual thing....real letter, uau! Is it the same guy or new love? I hope it is new one!Although I know it is not easy to leave behind some old flames!I want the news! And your mails!

girlhappy said:

No, i didnt receive your e-mail!Can you tell me the address you have? Yes, you did the unusual thing....real letter, uau! Is it the same guy or new love? I hope it is new one!Although I know it is not easy to leave behind some old flames!I want the news! And your mails!

:wink:
my e-mail is ladyluck3819@yahoo.it

and as regards the guy... well, it's the old one... But I am not longer the girl I used to be :)

Craziest thing I ever did for love? Forgave him again...and again...and again...after we broke up and cared about him more than anything even though he didn't.

But the good news is we're very good friends now, and he's helping me get a job where he works! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom