That's it, i am never having a Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I've been raised to believe that I had to have the huge, gigantic, 11 course meal, big white poofy dress, 15 bridesmaids, 4 flower girls and ring boys, every person I've ever met in my whole life, Italian style, like everyone before me wedding.

Then recently I was talking to my mom about the whole ordeal and how all I've ever wanted was to get married outside (our Catholic elementary school had always told us that getting married outside was 'wrong' tnad that we couldn't be Catholics if we didn't get married in the church, so needless to say, it scared the crap out of all us young kids). Small (not too small) guest list (close friends and family). Really simple dress (remember Caroline Bissett?), maid of honour - my sister and a couple of friends as bridesmaids, and that's it. I'd rather people come and just have a good time, remembering that it was a fun show...literally, in 50 years who's going to remember if my flower girl had the perfect ringlet curls or if the souffle tasted delicious?

Surpringly my mom agreed with me. Of course, she couldn't resisit throwing in the "First you have to find a boyfriend first sweetie" comment, :shrug: but hey, I expected that. :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom