Ten Things. Remember This?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 - I miss you more and more each day

2 - I can't bring myself to get over you.

3 - Being away from you rips me apart inside.

4 - You know that I would never, ever replace you. And that I will never forget you. Are you going to forget about me? And replace me? Just because I'm gone.

5 - I'm sorry that I left, but I had to. I'm sorry for everything I ever did. It feels like things are different now, but they're really not. I just miss talking to you every single day.

6 - You said it wouldn't be weird if I gave you a goodbye kiss. So I kissed you on the cheek. Then you said you wanted more and turned it into a full-on kiss. Then YOU were the one who got all defensive and YOU were the one who made things awkward and then YOU tried to blame it on me.

7 - I met someone new today. And I really like her. She's cute, and funny, and smart, and I like being with her. But I can't see myself being anything other than friends with her. And do you know why? It's because she's not you.

8 - Remember the night before I left? The three of us were watching a movie together. And then you and him went into the bedroom. And I started crying. And i cried for twenty minutes, just sitting there. All by myself. Finally you came back, and you held me, and hugged me, and kissed my cheek, and comforted me. Then you left again. And you didn't come back for a while. I really needed you at that time. And you were there for a second...but then you were gone. And then the next morning when I found out what you were doing? That made me so upset and so sad, that you were off doing...THAT....while I was bawling my eyes out. Do you care about me at all?

9 - All I Want Is You

10 - Whenever I hear my favorite song, I think of you. And when I think of you, I think about how you're not here. And when I think about that, I start crying. So now you've turned my favorite song into the song that makes me cry and tears me to pieces.

Never saw this thread but seems like a good thing to bring up near the end of the year, you know, so we can start fresh.

1) I wish you had more friends - especially ones that I liked.

2) I wish there were more interests we shared. But I think spending money on cars is a waste and I'd rather slit my wrists than watch baseball.

3) I think less of you because of your behavior.

4) You are beautiful and adorable and infuriating. Thanks for being around and I'll miss you when you're gone.

5) I wish I could give you every opportunity in the world. I am so afraid of falling short of your expectations.

6) I'm sorry I kissed that boy on my front porch lo those many many many years ago.

7) I will never forgive myself for...well... you know.

8) I will never quite forgive you for... well... you know.

9) I will never quite forgive you for... well... you know.

10) I will never quite forgive you for... well... you know.

*phew *

wow. I completely forgot I ever posted this. Some things have changed. Some haven't. I wonder if I've forgiven myself for any of those last four.

1) I wish your anxiety didn't make you mean to me.

2) I'm never going to be what you expect me to be and you should just learn to live with that.

3) I'd like you more if you hadn't told me that.

4) I don't want your secrets anymore. Can you take them back?

5) You are insanely hot - like, it should be illegal for you to be that good looking

6) I miss you.

7) I miss you.

8) I try not to be suspicious but you don't make it very easy.

9) Almost everything I do is in some way for you. I hope someday you realize how much I love you.

10) I'm terrified of being stuck here.

Yeah, it's an oldie for sure. :wink:

I'll give you credit for putting down 4 things. I couldn't have put down any.

To be truthful, it started to get very hard the more I thought about it. It does help though, strangely, to feel heard!:hmm:

1 - i love you. i'm not sorry. you make me feel a lot of things - love, hate, sorrow, pain, longing, happiness, emptiness, anger, guilt, jealousy, and things i can't even describe. i wish you could see how deeply i feel about you. you're the only person i've had meaningful intimacy with. i wish you knew how much it tears me up inside every time i see you two being affectionate together. i know i might eventually get over you, but i don't know if i really want to. i don't want to feel this strongly about anyone else ever again, because i don't think i can take it. you're all i care about, really. and now it just hurts more than anything.

2 - i wish we were still friends. i miss you. i'm sorry i caused you stress, but i wish you could have been a little more understanding and maybe had a bit more faith in me...or told me how you felt before it built up to the point where you couldn't even be my friend anymore. i still think of you as my friend.

3 - i wish i were more like you. you're my hero and i'm sorry for all the grief i've caused you. i know you're proud of me; but i feel like a disappointment. sometimes i wish you didn't love me so much. i'm not worth it.

4 - i lost my faith a long time ago. i've tried, but i always end up with the same emptiness. in the back of my mind i kinda always thought maybe you'd lead me in the right direction someday, eventually...but i'll probably never ask you to.

5 -i like you, and we get along, but i'm not sure we can have a relationship. or that i want to. the truth is i need someone less fucked up than me, not more. i want to help you but i've got my own problems to deal with, and i don't want you to become too attached to me right now. i'm not really in a position to save you.

6 - he lied to you and cheated on you. i hate that he makes me be around you and that you're so nice to me because you have no idea. i do feel guilty, but not enough. i know he loves you. but i also know i was not the first, so i probably won't be the last. maybe i'm wrong and he's changed, maybe i'm just bitter... but i think you deserve better - as in, someone honest. because you obviously are.

7 - i want you to be what i couldn't. you're smart like me but you've got your head on straight... i think you'll make them more proud than i ever could. you're just like your father. you'll go places.

8 - i admit in some ways i resent you. i'm so sorry. it's not your fault, but i feel like you're the one who gave me this affliction. i love you but you remind me too much of myself.

9 - you're way cooler than i'll ever be. when we were growing up you idolized me; but now it's the other way around.

10 - i know we're best friends, but for some reason i'm always afraid that you're judging me. i feel like i have to hide things from you. i guess i'm ashamed of what i've become.

She needs you to be there ~ now, not tomorrow or in a week, because seriously, she may not have that long; I know you see yourself in her and maybe that is why you can't, but you have to put that away for now and deal with it later if you have too ~ she needs you now.

They miss you and they have never even met you ~ how crazy is that; in fact we were talking about you the other day and they all just wished it were different. I do too.

I don't need saving; I just need some space to figure it out ~ if the answer takes longer than you hoped for well that is just too bad; perhaps you should of thought about that before?

Really? It has to be like that? Wow. It is a mess, you are a mess and really I don't think I have the energy to try and help you any more because you don't seem to want to try to even understand . . .

It would have been easier for you if it was me

I'm sorry, so sorry but I can't go back and change it, my mistakes are part of who I am ~ the flip side of the sunny stuff ~ and you can't have one without the other. I'm sorry.

Not everything has to be viewed through that window you know?

You are a dick head; a nasty, self centred control freak and I have no idea in the world what she sees in you, ugh.

I can not imagine the fear you must be feeling and I would do anything to take that away for you

I love you, I love you, I love you

(1) I love you, and I hope I become as confident as you.

(2) You need to grow up and stop going out with anyone who will look in your direction, I can't be there to get you out of trouble all of the time, but I can only hope you don't get yourself hurt.

(3) Please don't leave, you are such a great friend and we have so much fun together.

(4) You as well need to grow up. You're self centered, and you only want things your way, but I will always love you.

(5) Why on earth do you want to grow up so fast for? Life is too short.

(6) You are like a big sister to me, and I could not imagine life not knowing you.

(7) I really wish I hadn't lost touch with you, you were my 'bestest' friend, even though we were kids, we still understood eachother.

:sigh:

sending hugs to you ^ too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You. You are one selfish ass. You demanded so much from me, yet gave almost nothing. We shared the same faith, yet you missed all the lessons in it. How do you teach lessons and never learn them yourself? You stole affections that were not yours to steal; they were mine to give, dipshit.

You are with another now. I hope you don't break her heart like you broke mine.

Grow up, jerk.

No, I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Leave me the hell alone so I can figure that out.

Why, yes, I do need money! I'm working on it! Leave me be. Grr.

Dear song, tell me what your words are.

Dear song, where did you leave your chords at?!

You, guitar fretboard. Tell me your secrets.

Why the heck are you so upset with everything?

Don't die, damn you. I don't even like you 'cause you hurt me too much, but you can't die.

(I think that's 10...)

1. Sorry I haven't been noticing how perceptive you are. It's actually quite an interesting skill that was unexpected. I just kind of clash with you being the equivalent of the 'frontman' (obviously not a good analogy but it's the word closest to it) and eating up everyone's attention. I keep forgetting the uniqueness behind it and how amazing you are. You have very different, wonderful ways of looking at the world, and even when you're feeling down that has a strange sort of power of its own. I'm sorry.

2. I love you. I don't know if that means as a friend or not. I know that's wrong and I should figure it out, but it's pretty hard to do that surrounded by the people and opinions in this town. I do tend to value friends over romance, considering I've had friends and not romantic interests anyway, and I trust them more. Maybe I just want to be friends with you and have the guarantee that it's forever.

3. I'm not sure if you should stay away from me or actually notice I exist. I'm both really angry at you for what you did a couple years ago and sad that you left. I miss you, but I don't like the person you've become.

4. I don't know how to put this in the correct way, but trying to intimidate your father was not a good reason to start putting on weight. It makes all our relatives want to make you exercise, which has nothing to do with it. I rest my case.

5. I need to stop seeing you in that way. It's scaring me. I think the solution would be to focus my attention elsewhere. But I'm sure you'll make someone very happy when you're less of a hypocrite to everyone else.

6. I love you, too—friends, obviously; perhaps a stranger way, because we get into arguments so much. But you're like another self to me, and I argue with myself too, and you have to know I was afraid of losing you. Perhaps that was my motivation.

7. I really need to stop disagreeing with you about everything! I think I see you as a challenge and for some reason also I keep taking the music attacks personally even when you're probably just really sick of hearing it. I do actually really like you; you're hilarious and pretty darn cool. I'm both excited and a little freaked out that I might be like you someday.

8. I don't know if that was love or lust, sorry. I couldn't even look you in the eyes properly. Your girlfriend is probably awesome although I'm not feeling very charitable towards her at the moment. I don't know if I could handle a guy in a band, anyhow, and you live kind of far away—but that's me just trying to justify it. I liked what opinions of yours I heard, but that might be bias; your eyes really are beautiful...

9. I had absolutely no right to obsess over you either. I don't even speak your language properly. You had even better opinions, however, and I think if you weren't pretentious like I probably mistakenly assumed, we would have beautiful multilingual babies or something. Ha ha. But I was just being too embarrassed again. Sorry, that was awkward times...

10. You are so fecking awesome and I say this to your face anyhow! and I should probably go to Wales and actually say it to your face. It's pretty amazing how many interests we share. We could have a writing party and I could force you to cart me over to interesting places and we could be stupidly intellectual and hopefully you wouldn't find that a problem. Maybe I should wait until I can drive ;)

...that was pretty amazing...hmm.

That piss and vinegar, poison and lies are your modus operandi saddens me; scares me a little too; you could be so much more.

How can you call yourself a woman of the church? A christian? All I have seen has been uncharitable, mean spirited, self serving, self centred and vile and it may be years since I have read the bible properly but I don't recall any of that being part of the christian equation.

You are really hard work.

There was a moment there where the fork in the road threw up possibilities that perhaps we should have grabbed while the chance was there ~ is that why you are so angry?

Just for a moment, don't analyse it, don't try to change it or make it better, just appreciate it, just be.

Breathe.

Explain to me why I should understand that you are fighting so hard for something you said you didn't want; for something you offered up, said you couldn't do and then be suprised and pissed off that someone else would dare to take it up and put their mark on it, make it their own ~ that three year old at the party who doesn't want to play with the barbie, but won't let anyone else have it either . . . that, right there is you.

No respect for you at all, none, zip, zilch, nada ~ I have some empathy for your situation and the circumstances that drove you to where you are, but no respect because the power to change it all is lying right at your feet.

You really are amazing and whilst it may be fleeting I am grateful for all your support and love and laughter ~ truly, thank you.

I see you, all of you, in the not to distant future and you are magnificent.

Purplereign said:
How can you call yourself a woman of the church? A christian? All I have seen has been uncharitable, mean spirited, self serving, self centred and vile and it may be years since I have read the bible properly but I don't recall any of that being part of the christian equation.

:sigh: sadly i've known a lot of people like this.

I love you. There may be bumps in the road, but I am not going anywhere.

I miss you. I still think about you every day, and wonder what you are up to. You threw me for a loop last week, however, it was a nice surprise. I hope we can keep in touch, because you mean a lot to me.

I was once where you are. Stay strong and be brave. Things get easier, I promise.

You hurt me once. You do not get a chance to do it again. Friendship goes 2 ways.

I am so glad you came into my life. Real true friends are hard to find, but I know I have one in you. I am so glad life is turning around for you, because you deserve much love and happiness.

Turning 40 isn't all that bad!:wink:

Things are looking up, and the good outweighs the bad by a mile now.

I wish you were here.

They say time heals all sorrow, and helps you to forget. However, losing you was the toughest thing I have been through. Our family just isn't the same without you!:sad:

I can't wait for July!:shifty:

I just took it as 10 things that are on your mind. It could be about yourself or others...

Back
Top Bottom