Talk about out of control!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I've had this site up since Oct.. and look what I just got as an email from my hosting company:

Dear Carrie,
At this point it appears that you are using just over 38 gigs of transfer per month and just under 450 megs of web space complete. You may wish to consider looking for your own server in the near future at the rate that you're growing. If you decide to do that please notify us in advance and we will gladly help you in any way that we can to make the transition go as smoothly as possible.

redface.gif
LOL yeaaaaaaah U2 bustin up web space left and right!

------------------
She comes in colors you know she's gonna turn the daylight on

*U2 Take Me Higher*

Wow. Thats a hell of a lot of space.
eek.gif
eek.gif

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...
sicy@interference.com
My Lair

I know!
eek.gif

i had no idea!!

I just got this update from him:
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

You should be able to get a decent server for about $99 per month, which you could offset by sub-leasing some of the space once you got used to things
$99 per month?! shit.

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 05-14-2002).]

Your site kicks serious ass...you must(no matter what)keep it up and running...
maybe we can have an Interference fund raiser for your site
wink.gif

I love your site!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let it slip away!

------------------
"Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me..."

thanks guys! thanks mrs. clayton- yeah I dont want to have to do something like that or banners.... I'm going to speak with people at work and see if they have any cheaper alternatives! it might just be no hosting music but I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before all that space fills up.. lol i'm insane.
at least i'm not the only one!

------------------
She comes in colors you know she's gonna turn the daylight on

*U2 Take Me Higher*

No!!!!!!!!!!

*loves olive's site*
frown.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

So... an update for all you interested. I think what's come of this is I can't host songs (or as many as I do- almost50!)
eek.gif
and this way I'll be able to keep the cost down. Else I'll have to pay a lot more money or buy another machine and host it myself (which I think is what Elvis can do) and this way I can keep Take Me Higher. Maybe I'll buddy up with people with FTP sites and just offer those resources on my site for music. That might be a good alternative, or signing up w/ morpheus and sharing my name for people to download themselves.. only problem w/ that is i'm scared of viruses as I got two from kazaa.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
you are using just over 38 gigs of transfer per month and just under 450 megs of web space complete.

ddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Back
Top Bottom