Surgery sucks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one4u2 said:
I just found out I'll have to have my gall bladder out, it's functioning at 0% I've never had any type of surgery , it is laprascopic but anything involving hospitals and anesthesia freaks me out. Has anyone had this procedure before?

Not to remove my gall bladder, but to remove my uterus, ovaries, and anything else he found. The laparoscopy wasa kick-ass way to have it done. :up: My first surgery to remove ovarian cysts was a hip-to-hip slice which fucking hurt and took forever to heal. The hysterectomy was laparoscopic. I was out of the hospital in two days as opposed to five, I was up and around right away as opposed to six weeks, and there was no morphine drip in the hospital. :( :)

Anesthesia sucks, hospitals smell weird and have weird lights, but it'll be fast and simple. :yes:

one4u2 said:
I just found out I'll have to have my gall bladder out, it's functioning at 0% I've never had any type of surgery , it is laprascopic but anything involving hospitals and anesthesia freaks me out. Has anyone had this procedure before?

Yes, and I've felt wonderful ever since...the only post-op symptoms you'll have is a sore belly for the first couple days...that first post-op poop is a killer! LOL....

But, compared to the suffering you've endured with the bad gallbladder, this will be nothing!

Mr. BAW said:

Yes, and I've felt wonderful ever since...the only post-op symptoms you'll have is a sore belly for the first couple days...that first post-op poop is a killer! LOL....

fiber! eat fiber!! Oh my god..after my c-section I had to learn this the hard way....

:|

TMI? :lmao:

laughing sneezing and walking can suck big time. Use a pillow against your incision as counterpressure.

one4u2 said:

:ohmy:
Never had this procedure. Hope all goes well for you :hug:

glad you are feeling better Cassie :hug:

Mr. BAW said:

Mr. BAW is so not lying about the first post-op poop...granted, I already have intestinal issues, but seriously, it was awful! That really was the worst part about my surgery. I was up and moving around the next day.

:hug: for you one4u2.

And, thanks again everyone! :hug:

one4u2 said:

I have had it done. It's really nothing too painful or severe. The worst thing I found was the post op thirst. I've never been that thirsty before in my life. The pain is minimal though. Give yourself a week and you'll be feeling really good. Good luck! :)

Has anyone has carpal tunnel surgery? I'm getting both mine done in a few weeks. I'm really apprehensive, but the thought of finally being free from the pain is making me push ahead with it.

Back
Top Bottom