Supernatural experiences

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regina Filangie

The Fly
Has anyone ever had any type of supernatural experience or something you just couldn't explain ? I ask because my dad died 4 years ago and it wasn't until recently that something happened that seems very much related to him.

Hiya...

just a tip this is the wrong forum for that so I suspect this thread will be moved by the mods here soon.. Maybe in a Forum called Free Your Mind would be best. Don't post a new thread there just wait for the mods to move it.

When I was 15 years old me and 4 friends played Ouija after playing for a while, we asked who we were talking to and it started moving like crazy but I'm not shitting you it would go out of our hands (me and a friend had our hands on it while "moving it") Suddenly it stopped and we were a bit freaked out so we started praying around the table holding hands, and the lights in the kitchen and the living room started going on and off like crazy we just ran upstairs to my friends room and stayed there until her parents arrived, now we laugh about it but it scared the hell out of us

Another experience that thankfully it hasn't happened recently, about 2 years ago I had about 5 nights, not in a row where I would be sleeping when suddenly I would wake up and see a dark figure besides my bed, but I couldn't move or speak out, I'd struggled for minutes not being able to move at all, so started praying and after a while it would dissappear and I would be able to move. The first time it happened I was sure it was just a dream but the second time I could feel my cat besides me and that's when I realized I wasn't dreaming. Anyway a couple of months later it happened to my brother but he says the only difference was he would here this creepy voices tell him repeately "don't wake up, don't wake up" and funny thing years before my father had the same experience but we would make fun of him, guess it came back to us:|

For the life of me that I am not making this up, God knows the explanations to this type of things

Mofo said:

Another experience that thankfully it hasn't happened recently, about 2 years ago I had about 5 nights, not in a row where I would be sleeping when suddenly I would wake up and see a dark figure besides my bed, but I couldn't move or speak out, I'd struggled for minutes not being able to move at all, so started praying and after a while it would dissappear and I would be able to move. The first time it happened I was sure it was just a dream but the second time I could feel my cat besides me and that's when I realized I wasn't dreaming. Anyway a couple of months later it happened to my brother but he says the only difference was he would here this creepy voices tell him repeately "don't wake up, don't wake up" and funny thing years before my father had the same experience but we would make fun of him, guess it came back to us:|

For the life of me that I am not making this up, God knows the explanations to this type of things

I have had a similar experience, but I believe the technical term for it is night terrors. It's a sleep disorder and usually happens when you are really tired and stressed out. My experience didn't involve a creepy voice or dark image, but it felt like something was holding me down and I couldn't move or wake up, no matter how hard I tried. Scarey feeling.

one time my mom went crazy and thought god was talking to her. turned out she was manic depressive, but she was in this mania for weeks before it was all sorted out and there was this weird energy around her (not visible, but a feeling). I don't know if it was supernatural but it was so strange; like she filled this entire notebook saying God was guiding her hand, and she had this elaborate thing where these "7" were supposed to save the world and prepare for Jesus to come back (boy was that strange, especially since she seemed to think Bono was one of these people). she thought god had given her unlimited money to build some garden and for some reason her checks didn't bounce for a week... the weirdest thing was probably when God told her not to move, so she didn't. at all. I wasn't there, but someone came into the apartment and she was frozen, and so they called 911 and took her to the hospital and she was still rigid despite poking her and even hitting her and all this stuff, they couldn't get her to have a kneejerk reaction or anything. later somehow they figured out it was a mental problem, but man that was fucked up. It was all in her head so I guess it's not really supernatural, but it was surreal. I'll never forget that time in my life. It's hard to believe that her mind was capable of so much...

One time I was sleeping and I felt and saw how a hand touched my face, this was a few days after my mother´s death, the next day I suffered a facial paralysis in that side of my face.

When I was young I used to read tarot just like a game, but everyone always said that the things I said to them turned out to be rigth, I freaked out and felt like it wasn´t rigth and stoped doing it.

I went to the beach with my family and some friends, one day in the nigth, the electricity failed and we were out the house, then all of us saw how a "ligth" was flying in the sky for several minutes. (I feel like Jaime Maussan:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

My sister was making company to my father in the Hospital, while she was trying to sleep, she saw four Angels in the corners of my father´s bed, the next day he died.

I believe there is an explanation for everything, but we need to advance more in researches and look at these things as serious events

Jeannieco said:

I have had a similar experience, but I believe the technical term for it is night terrors. It's a sleep disorder and usually happens when you are really tired and stressed out. My experience didn't involve a creepy voice or dark image, but it felt like something was holding me down and I couldn't move or wake up, no matter how hard I tried. Scarey feeling.

Yes I read an article about that how you feel some type of pressure holding you down, but neither my father or my brother are religious freaks or superstitious actually they are quite cynic of everything.

if i had a dime for everytime i froze at night or had a supernatural experience i would never have to work again.

My mom played the Ouja board with her family when she was a kid and the board told her grandad never to step into his local pub again or he be stabbed.

He never went back into the pub.

When my grandma died my grandad felt her presence at home , he said he felt someone on his bed and a shadow on the wall.

That was like within 2 weeks of her passing away and he hasnt experinced it since. My mom says she was just making sure she was alright.

After the family dog died my mom and dad said they could hear his dog chain rattling around downstairs, which was buried with him.

I havent felt anything supernatural, its a good thing really because on a good day im afraid of my own shadow.
I would like to experince something though.

Jeannieco said:

this sounds more like sleep paralysis.

it can be terrifying.

Every once in a while we have a night where something bangs around in the living room rearranging pictures and such. It used to freak us out but we have never felt threatened.

Irvine511 said:

this sounds more like sleep paralysis.

it can be terrifying.

Yes, I've heard it called that also. The night terror is almost like a nightmare combined with the paralysis. Double terror! I've only had it happen to me once and I don't want to feel that ever again.
I don't think it's dangerous, it's just a sign of stress I believe. I am not an expert, but maybe you can google sleep paralysis or night terrors and see what you find. :)
Oh, I found that when this thing happened to me I was sleeping on my back, so I stopped that, and it went away. ?? Weird huh?:huh:

I think I'd go mental if I had these sleep things. You guys are either really brave or I am a complete wussbag.

I get cranky at being woken up by a neighbour or the cat. God only knows what I'd do if it were an invisible weight.
:slant:

Well I still stand by my ouija story:wink:

guess my father, brother and myself have one fucked up imagination or a very bad conscience to dream a freakin demon beside us in our bed, or maybe when my father told us his experience it stuck with us eventhough it happened like 7 years later

sleep paralysis doesn't always have to be bad, though i can remember one very terrifying night where i was alone in my room and the door opened and there were lights in the hallway and a grim reaper-esque figure stood there (yet it had the characteristics of my roommate) and just sort of pointed. and it was scary, but i somehow knew i was dreaming, despite how vivid it was, and i was able to wake myself up.

so that was a bad experience, brought along by stress, lack of sleep, and Ny-Quil. i do not recommend.

however, sleep paralysis can assist one in what is known as "lucid dreaming." recently, i've had some successful experiments with lucid dreaming, though it usually requires me to be quite exhausted and to take a big nap in the middle of the afternoon. i've found it possible to slip into a dream yet feel somewhat awake and feel total control over my movements though no control over the environment in which i'm moving through (the environment is very dream-like in that it's usually a mish-mash of various memories which is pretty typical for most dream settings). i'm able to open doors, talk to people, sometimes to read things, and it can be quite psychadelic. my first lucid dream that i can remember i had less control and it was very literal. i dreamed that i kept waking up from the nap i was taking and going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then walking into the other room to sit on the couch and watch TV with the boyfriend, only to realize that it had to be a dream because he had long hair (in reality, he has very, very short hair), but it all felt as vivid as being awake.

so ... not to come off as too crazy or anything, but what these experiences have taught me is that much of what might be considered a "visit" in the middle of the night (and many people will say that the phenomenon of alien abductions can be totally explained by sleep paralysis) is really a commentary on the power of the mind and the subjective nature of reality -- we only perceive things to be the way they are because of the organization of our brain. were they to be scrambled, life would be very different indeed.

i also encourage everybody to see Waking Life.

hmm interesting stuff, i'm not sure my experience can be diagnosed as sleep paralysis, as I was able to move and speak.

It was in November 05, and I was in my uni halls at the time, I had been out that night but I had only one or two beers, but I was still back at my flat pretty late about 3 in the morning. Anyway I went to bed, but woke up an hour later with what seemed like someone pushing on my head (my quilt was over my head at the time, so I didn't see anything), it quickly disappeared though, so I ignored it as my imagination and tried going back to sleep, but this time I felt it again except it was like someone was pressing and pushing down on my chest and head, it felt quite heavy, like a body.

I freaked out at that point, jumped out of bed and grabbed my hurl (Irish sport's stick/bat), and started swingin it about in the dark...must have looked quite funny, but I switched on the light and there was nobody there.

A few days later I was putting a poster up on my my wall beside my bed, and I noticed for the first time, there were two faint black handprints just above my bed, in the area just above where I felt someone pressing against me. The prints were quite well formed, the fingers looked very slender so I assumed they were the handprint's of a girl. I certainly never saw them on the wall before even though I already had put posters up beside where they were.

I had one other experience in that room similar to the last, but that was a few months later, but I do believe there was something very odd about my room.

LJT said:
hmm interesting stuff, i'm not sure my experience can be diagnosed as sleep paralysis, as I was able to move and speak.

It was in November 05, and I was in my uni halls at the time, I had been out that night but I had only one or two beers, but I was still back at my flat pretty late about 3 in the morning. Anyway I went to bed, but woke up an hour later with what seemed like someone pushing on my head (my quilt was over my head at the time, so I didn't see anything), it quickly disappeared though, so I ignored it as my imagination and tried going back to sleep, but this time I felt it again except it was like someone was pressing and pushing down on my chest and head, it felt quite heavy, like a body.

I freaked out at that point, jumped out of bed and grabbed my hurl (Irish sport's stick/bat), and started swingin it about in the dark...must have looked quite funny, but I switched on the light and there was nobody there.

A few days later I was putting a poster up on my my wall beside my bed, and I noticed for the first time, there were two faint black handprints just above my bed, in the area just above where I felt someone pressing against me. The prints were quite well formed, the fingers looked very slender so I assumed they were the handprint's of a girl. I certainly never saw them on the wall before even though I already had put posters up beside where they were.

I had one other experience in that room similar to the last, but that was a few months later, but I do believe there was something very odd about my room.

Wow, that's freaky! :ohmy:
I wonder if something bad happened in your room before you moved in? It's strange how different places have "vibes" to them.
I am a very intuitive person and if I don't like the way a room or place "feels" to me when I first enter, I make a note of it and that usually keeps me from signing a lease or whatever....
I get definite vibes from people too that way... ( that little voice in your head is usually right...) :)
Just a side note, one time my sister was in the Virgin Islands with her husband vacationing and they found this beach on the island and thought it would be a great place to spend the day because it wasn't crowded. Well, after about 15minutes my sister who is also very intuitive like me, say's to Brendan her husband..."Something horrible happened here, I don't like this place...this beach. Let's go!" So they left and afterwards they asked some of the locals about it and found out that long ago there was a huge massacre there, hundreds of the natives were slaughtered by pirates, or something to that effect.
Freaky!!

That is a weird one...any similar experiences for yourself?

nobody knew anything any weird past about my room, the place was only built in the late 70s to, so no ancient past, unless it was built on the site of something. I asked some of the wardens who had been there for years, but they knew nothing:shrug:

LJT said:
That is a weird one...any similar experiences for yourself?

nobody knew anything any weird past about my room, the place was only built in the late 70s to, so no ancient past, unless it was built on the site of something. I asked some of the wardens who had been there for years, but they knew nothing:shrug:

If it bugs you maybe do a search on the internet for information?

The only really strange experience directly involving me was with a pet cat I had. I had to put him to sleep because he was a diabetic and his kidney's were failing. It was sad. He was the one and only pet I have ever had, ( haven't gotten another since) He was 14 when he died. Anyway.... one morning I was making my bed and as I was pulling the comforter up as soon as I pulled on it it felt like there was a weight on it and then I heard this very faint meow sound. It almost sounded like there were children playing outside my window, but I looked and nobody was there. When I went out to get my coffee I sat at the table and picked up a magazine and I radomly opened the magazine to a story with a picture of a black and white cat, just like mine and his name was the same...Sammy.
It was about a woman who had lost her cat, and how she dealt with it and how she moved on after he was gone. It was like he was talking to me. That freaked me out!! Then the next night I got up and went to the bathroom and I could see in the hallway in the dark these 2 little green eyes glowing and the shadow of a black cat. WEIRD!! :) That happened a couple of times, plus sometimes I can feel a weight on the end of my bed, like he is sitting there. :ohmy: :ohmy:

I'm the one who started this thread, so I guess I should share my own experience. My dad died unexpectedly 4 years ago as a result of complications from what was supposed to be minor outpatient surgery. He and I were always very close and losing him so suddenly and without warning was extremely traumatic. While I'm not convinced there is a life after death, I'm equally unsure that there isn't. A few weeks ago I was getting ready for work and out of nowhere there was the very strong scent of men's cologne-the exact same scent my dad always wore. It lasted for a minute or so and then disappeared. Nobody in the house wears anything that smells even remotely like it. Maybe there is some rational explanation, but I can't come up with one. Anyways, it makes me feel happy to think it might have been my dad.

Regina Filangie said:
I'm the one who started this thread, so I guess I should share my own experience. My dad died unexpectedly 4 years ago as a result of complications from what was supposed to be minor outpatient surgery. He and I were always very close and losing him so suddenly and without warning was extremely traumatic. While I'm not convinced there is a life after death, I'm equally unsure that there isn't. A few weeks ago I was getting ready for work and out of nowhere there was the very strong scent of men's cologne-the exact same scent my dad always wore. It lasted for a minute or so and then disappeared. Nobody in the house wears anything that smells even remotely like it. Maybe there is some rational explanation, but I can't come up with one. Anyways, it makes me feel happy to think it might have been my dad.

Wow! That's cool! I know in my gut there is life after death!

In a similar story, I was reading a story about a famous singer I am a fan of, and she was recording these old songs in the studio
and one of them was a favorite of her grandmother's. She was very close to her. While she was recording this old hymn, How Great Thou Art, she could smell her grandmother's perfume everytime she sang it. Cool huh?

was in the Edinburgh(Scotland) vaults and i could feel many things..like i was holding hands with someone, someone was touching my face and something grabbed my legs and i fell. i came out and i had a scratch on my face:giggle:i was freaked out!!

and me and some friends played with a ouija(i think that's how its spelled) board some scary stuff happened i got told a lot of things that came true:reject:

umm i hear some scary stuff in my basement the night before my grandma died

Soon after i got married, we had just moved into our new house. One night we woke up to the sounds of cabinets slamming repeatedly, and hard. We opened the bedroom door and the cat was on the stairs looking totally freaked. We went downstairs and everything seemed cool, but my wife and confirmed that we both heard the same thing. We found out a few days later that the previous owner died a few nights before. Nothing like that ever happened again, though my wife said she thought she heard voices in the attic.

Regina Filangie said:

i truly believe your dad was there with you :up:

My mom's been gone almost 20 years but one night about 8 years ago, I was playing cards at my sister's house and I know I saw my mom walking down the hall from the kitchen. It was the wierdest feeling and yet so real. So, yep, I do believe in this stuff. I haven't seen her since but I have certainly felt her. Especially in the room when my nephew died. I absolutely know she was in there that afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom