Stupid managers. So angry. :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
It's snowing here. A lot. Everywhere's white, there are next to no cars on the roads and it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.

You would think employers might have just a little bit of compassion for employees who are having trouble getting to/from work. Well I guess not. My mum just asked her boss if she could please leave work early because there's no way she'll be able to get home by 5:30. My mum doesn't have a car, there are no buses running because of the weather and all the local taxi companies have said they won't be running this afternoon. So if she doesn't leave now she'll have no way of getting home other than walking.

Her boss's response? Tough luck.

So my Mum, who by the way has a disability, will have to walk over two miles home. In the snow. In freezing weather. I cannot believe how fucking SELFISH this manager is. She doesn't give a damn that someone will have to walk home in this weather, just so long as she gets her 8 hours work out of people. It's fine for her: she has a car, she doesn't have to worry about whether public transport will be working. What harm would it do to her for someone to take four hours off, without pay, because it's the only way they can get home safely?

I'm so angry about this. I'm really tempted to phone this manager myself and tell her what a moron she is. :madspit:

</rant>

Thanks for listening. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone. :) I think my mum is considering writing to the area manager (this manager's boss) to tell him how the manager behaved today. It's not the first time she's treated employees like this so he might already be aware of what she's like. Apparently she also tried to stop an employee in another branch from going home today when her daughter's school was closed due to the weather...I guess she expected a 10 year old to just sit on the doorstep for 7 hours until her mum finished work. :madspit:

This manager = wanker!

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
Friend and co-worker...bumped to Asst. Mgr...bumped to Manager = Ass's = Wankers !!

whatever! :down:

I strive to make my workplace the best place for my employees! Their hapiness here means a lot to me. :mad:

Last edited:
One of my dearest friends uses the word
mismanagment
ever since she said that to me...that's the word I use.

good edit!

FizzingWhizzbees said:
This manager = wanker!

IT seriously comes down to this!

This is ludicrous....I can see if they offer your mother a ride or something...but not force them to be there. And the mother with a 7-year old is an even WORSE situation.

As for me....I realize I am not perfect. NO ONE IS. Sometimes I have trouble communicating with my employees...but I work through it...and make sure they know it is MY problem...not theirs. If there are situations like this....I work with them (OR, usually pick up their work when they need to attend to situations like this).

I even ignore some company policies that I loathe to save my employees butts! But don't tell my boss! ;)

Mrs.Clayton said:
One of my dearest friends uses the word
mismanagment
ever since she said that to me...that's the word I use.

Sometimes the case...but if you can do the job better, why aren't you doing it?

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Her boss's response? Tough luck.

A very poor choice. Instead of getting work done, employees fret on how they will get home in poor weather.

Giving employees flexibilty to deal with life issues (including the weather) makes for better employees.

zoney! said:

whatever! :down:

I strive to make my workplace the best place for my employees! Their hapiness here means a lot to me. :mad:

I stand by my statement! this manger was a wanker, no getting around it...there are good wankers and bad wankers, I'm glad to see we have good wankers here! :)

Reading things like this make me so mad. I hope your Mom made it home ok.

Make sure your Mom writes the letter (even if she never sends it) it will make her feel better. She should also start (if she hasn't already) documenting any problems that she has with her boss. This should be done on a pad and paper and not on any company computers.

I am so grateful for my boss and co-workers.

Mr. BAW said:
I stand by my statement! this manger was a wanker, no getting around it...there are good wankers and bad wankers, I'm glad to see we have good wankers here! :)

Where is BAW? :grumpy:

I wann know what kind of Wanker you are!

Something about "Bold and Beautiful" comes to mind! :)

However, this wanker allows his employee to trot across the country to see her friends anytime she wants...she is free to come and go as needed...and she shops at Aveda with all of her girlfriends anytime she pleases...!

So, what now potato man??? :wink:

Last edited:
Oh I'm so tempted to post the phone number. :lol:

[random]When I was in the US I distinctly remember calling someone a wanker and getting a blank look in return. (No, I didn't mistake it for great offence. :p) So I always thought that Americans didn't use that word. But now everyone's using it in this thread. So was I mistaken? [/random]

Back
Top Bottom