Strangeness....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:banghead: I came home from work today and there was a message on my phone from my ex before the ex! :banghead:

How he got my number I have no idea, he lives in another state and I'd never give it to him--he musta called 411. Dammit! His message was so retarded, something about him being sued for a bill from an apartment we both lived in for a grand total of 2 months, there was a DAMN good reason I moved out and took myself off the lease, if he stayed there and fucked up the bill in his own freggin' name that's not my problem. I don't like the possibility that he knows my address now though...seriously that frightens me. Now I'm going to be paraniod everytime the phone rings....I wish I had caller ID. :sad:

starsgoblue said:
So out of the blue today I get an email from my ex-boyfriend. I haven't talked to or seen him in over a year. This is the boyfriend that basically ripped my heart out and handed it back to me. Email was the only way he could contact me since I've moved around and changed numbers as a result. What on earth could he be wanting to contact me for?
Now in my mind, I have this image of this being the 'I made a huge mistake' speech and the chance for me to tell him the ship has set sail--as I have zero interest in him that way. Maybe he's just found something of mine that he thinks I may want back.... Ugh, what to do...what to do...Should I email him back and see what he wants or should I ignore the whole thing? :huh:

I'd email him back--I guess I'd be curious about what he wants. However, if talking to him will upset you (regardless of the topic) then I'd let sleeping dogs lie.

Btw, ate at Haiku tonight. Fantastic suggestion. I wrote 3 haikus at the table...one with each martini. they got progressively worse :slant:

Interesting theory about spring--I used to live in this tiny hamlet, pop. 250 and it did seem every spring that people would start acting funny around spring, and there would be rumours of cheating, breaking up, etc. I wondered if there was anything to the whole "spring fever" thing.

Now on a slightly different note: what about someone who is in an unhappy but long term relationship that has been off/on over nine years, two children involved, but really it's more off than on, and it's become a sitch of convenience rather than real desire to stay together, and the female of the duo has started to think about a guy she knew from high school (long ago) whom she almost dated but rejected, foolishly and wonders what he's doing, etc. and would like to run into him/meet him again, esp. now that she moved back to the city where they met... is it a bad idea to contemplate trying to contact him, just to find out if he's single, or whatever?

p.s she wouldn't cheat if the opportunity arose, she'd probably ditch the current guy if there was a possibility of a "good" relationship.

1 - Call ID is your friend
2 - If you are getting hangup calls, file a report with the police station and they will help you activate a "trace" service.
3 - Ever tried googling yourself? It's pretty damned scary what people can find about you. If someone knows your phone number, Google hands them a map to your doorstep.
In the States you can "opt out" of this by going here:
http://www.google.com/help/pbremoval.html
I have done this with my number.

If someone treated you badly before -- there's no reason to think they'll have changed their tune.
Hang in there. :hug:

I just googled myself and luckily there is an author in Montreal with my name that gets all the hits. What came up related to me is my signing Bono's Birthday Card last year at the AWF. :D

Rebekah - I'm sorry he keeps bugging you. wolfeden has good suggestions - and changing your number is good too.

i said it once i'll say it again...gimme their addresses and i'll whup their butts. bring 'em on. :mad:

(for some reason i'm always the protector of all my friends when it comes to physical violence...though i take pride in that position :D )

U2Dem....one of these guys is seriously a mental nutcase....I wouldn't send ya in to fight him. I was a national karate champ before and I would be terrified to tangle with him.

I think the calls have stopped--for now at least. But in light of more recent events, I have determined just about all men are a nuisance. :madspit: :sad: :|

:lmao: I googled myself and look what came up! http://www.googlewar.com/search.cfm?q1=Bono&q2=george harrison&noadd=1 Someone musta had a Google War between me and Bman at some point, cause my name is in the related topics! :eyebrow: Now that is strangeness to the nth degree!

Back
Top Bottom