Strange sleep patterns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Sometimes I just grab a big blanket or a pillow and lay on the floor and sleep. Or I'll read next to my bedside table (bright lamp) and get sleepy and fall asleep on the floor. Or grab a big pillow and curl up in front of my space heater (when it was working) and nap there. Sometimes I do this because I have too much stuff on my bed. Other times, :shrug: I sometimes wake up with neck pain, or generally really stiff, but I do it all the time...

Is that weird?

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Sometimes I just grab a big blanket or a pillow and lay on the floor and sleep. Or I'll read next to my bedside table (bright lamp) and get sleepy and fall asleep on the floor. Or grab a big pillow and curl up in front of my space heater (when it was working) and nap there. Sometimes I do this because I have too much stuff on my bed. Other times, :shrug: I sometimes wake up with neck pain, or generally really stiff, but I do it all the time...

Is that weird?

Very. :ohmy:

yeah sometimes I fall asleep on the couch, but never on the floor..my back wouldn't forgive me for that one! My mom falls asleep at the computer!!! I don't know how she manages that one, but you don't know how many times I've walked in and she was snoozing on the keys..hehe. I'm glad I do have a tv in my room, so I can fall asleep to the glow of tv and the sounds of U2 :drool:

Lori :mac:

i always sleep on my couch. my bedroom is in the back of my apartment, and i am too scared to sleep way back there. seems normal to me.

Sometimes I fall asleep on the sofa, mostly on the weekends when I can stay up late, and I end up watching movies on tv, and doze off, or sometimes I'll fall asleep there till 3 or 4am before waking up and realizing where I am and going to bed.

Most of the time I have a pretty normal sleep schedule, but sometimes, like this weekend when I was off, I stayed up till 7am (on the computer :der: ), and then slept till noon :ohmy:

I usually sleep in my bed. Sometimes, I have to lay in the opposite direction though. Other places I've slept:

• In the guestroom in the basement
  • On the loveseat in the living room
  • On the floor next to my bed
  • In the bathtub
  • On the kitchen floor
  • On the utility room floor (by the dogs)

Sometimes...it just helps me sleep to mix it up a bit. I usually only sleep in places like the tub though when I'm home by myself because Dad is out of town...otherwise he worries something is wrong with me. :der:

Bonochick said:
I usually sleep in my bed. Sometimes, I have to lay in the opposite direction though. Other places I've slept:

• In the guestroom in the basement
  • On the loveseat in the living room
  • On the floor next to my bed
  • In the bathtub
  • On the kitchen floor
  • On the utility room floor (by the dogs)

Sometimes...it just helps me sleep to mix it up a bit. I usually only sleep in places like the tub though when I'm home by myself because Dad is out of town...otherwise he worries something is wrong with me. :der:

:lmao: the tub and the kitchen floor...hehe. Is the tub comfortable... it's always been on my mind...lol :)

Lori:mac:

I actually really like curling up in the tub. You can get some comfy positions going. If I lived alone, I'd do it more often.

i thought you were talking about strange sleep cycles, not locations. cos i was going to say that i tend to sleep about 2-3 hours a day and then every two weeks about 15 hours a night on weekends...so like a total of 30 hours in a 48 hours span...

oh and not cos i want to, just cos that's the way sleeping seems to be working (or not working) for me...

and i usually end up sleeping during the day when i do sleep...like now it's nearly 3 am and i'm thinking "well, if i want to go to bed early tonight, i should probably go find my pijamas and think about going to bed soon"

Last edited:
I thought it was about sleep cycles too.

I've never slept anywhere at home other than a bed. I've had to sleep on tables at school during camp (and for outdoor adventures it's tent time) though. I can't sleep without a bolster for some reason.

As for sleep cycles, I usually mess them up by keeping all nighters. Going to bed at six or seven in the morning gets me up in mid-afternoon and then I'm completely f**ked because I can't go to sleep early. Case in point - I slept between five and seven for the past four days and only managed two and a half hours of sleep before school reopened, so I spent most of Physics and Chinese staring into space and feeling dizzy and stuff.

Eek, I could never sleep in my tub or kitchen floor! That's where the creepy crawlies come out...not that I'm afraid of them!

I'm a tough guy.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Case in point - I slept between five and seven for the past four days and only managed two and a half hours of sleep before school reopened, so I spent most of Physics and Chinese staring into space and feeling dizzy and stuff.

did you start seeing little grey swirling things on the walls?

OH my god how can you manage to sleep in a tup, on the kitchen floor or on other strange places!

I'm not evan able to sleep in a bus!:der:

i think i've proven that i can sleep anywhere.

Which presents problems in lecture-hall type settings...:wink:

One time, on a bus ride to New York, I was violently ill. The only way I felt better was if I slept next to the window (fresh air) but I only got to do so for a short while (my 'best friend' at the time wanted her share of window time too, even though she wasn't sick). I couldn't sleep where I was so I laid down on my jacket on the floor of the bus between the seats (the aisle) and slept there :der: It was no big deal...I think 4 or 5 other people did the same...

of course, the fact that i had taken 2 gravol may have contributed to the sleepiness...

I've slept inbetween seats in vans (pretty uncomfortable), on chairs (regularly), loveseats (regularly), buses (horrible, thankfully only a couple times), on floors (regularly), in restaurant booths.. uhm, yeah, pretty much anywhere. :laugh: I don't think I've slept in a tub though.. :hmm:

i can't sleep in a moving vehicle unless i'm completly exhausted after a tournament. ultimate frisbee. do not laugh. i will kick your ass.

freeyourmind said:
OH my god how can you manage to sleep in a tup, on the kitchen floor or on other strange places!

I have to be in the right mood...it's when my bed stops cuttin' it for me. Lately, I've been having a hard time falling asleep. I either am going to try sleeping pills or else I need a new place to sleep for a few days to get back to normal.

Oh, I would only use sleeping pills as a last resort BC. Be careful with those. I know people who have gotten adicted...it's scary.

Sleep...who'd have thunk it was so important?

I procrastinate on my sleep all the time, which is odd, because I love to sleep. Right now, I'm awake. I have to be up early tomorrow, but I just won't go to bed because I know there's always stuff to be done...

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Which presents problems in lecture-hall type settings...:wink:

oh those lecture halls and monotone Profs....i'm just thinking what i'm gonna do with my summer course....ok...back to the topic...the strange thing is i see all those people sleeping on the subway, how's that possible? i can't sleep on an 8 hr plane ride let alone on subway?:shrug: ............(maybe they all had a tape of my anthro. prof last yr...lol)

you want my anthro professor? i've stayed awake in two lectures. one because i brought the flannagan bible, the other cos i brought a book on michael collins to read. it's bad enough that i even fell asleep doing the crossword puzzle in antrho lecture on monday :huh:

Back
Top Bottom