Strange fears anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosBaby12

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone have a fear of something that some find odd or silly?

With me I am absolutely terrified of frogs! Whenever I get near one than I get really scared. Have been known to cry when one get's too close to me. I know it sounds crazy but these things terrify me,lol.

I hyperventilate whenever I see even the smallest spider. Even a freakin' picture of one.

Let's see...I'm afraid of falling down the stairs in my school so I walk really slowly.

My friend Jaren is afraid of feet. He freaks out so bad. No one gets why. :huh:

i used to be afraid of spiders, but i overcame it. you can too. :wink:

wolf_spider.jpg

man thats a nasty one!
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

sorry, but you asked for it! :lmao:

Last edited:
I can go along with the ventriliquist dolls they are freaky looking! Im really scared of heights too but just even passing by a tall building I get scared. Feel my heart start to race and I start getting dizzy. Have to eventually look away so I can calm down.

Btw thanks for everyone being so open with their fears :)

I am terrified of heights. I know thats a phobia a lot of people have but if I am watching a movie or a program which has scenes taken at a height, my legs turn to jelly.

In saying that, I have jumped out of an aeroplane at 12000 feet and bungie jumped from 100 metres in New Zealand. Even though both scared me senseless, I loved every second of it. Guess you just put your life in the hands of other people and hope for the best!:wink:

When I fly the heights don't bother me. Know there's no way in the world though I could do the jumping out of a plane or bungee jumping! lol. Did you ever feel like you wanted to turn back before you did these things? They would have to pry my death grip off something in order to get me to move,lol.

I'm also leary of heights. I don't totally freak, but even going up on ladders makes me nervous. It's funny because in gymnastics, my best event was bars. I had no problem swinging around bars, letting go and flipping, etc., but if I ever had to get up on the highbar and pause for some reason, I didn't like it.

I don't like spiders either, but it's getting better b/c my room is infested with them. I've found them crawling on me while I sleep. Killed two of them today.

I used to be terrified of going over the cord with the vacuum. :lol:

The sky diving was easier than the bungee jumping as the ground was so far away. The first 6 thousand feet went by in 30 seconds. The last 6000 took about 6 or 7 minutes to land.

The bungee jumping... well, me and 4 other friends were backpacking through the south island of New Zealand and we came across skippers canyon. My mate decided he was going to do it (it wasnt planned at all) so as both of us started trarvelling together a year previous, I said I will do it too. So my mate was going first - they tied him up etc and gave him the big 5-4-3-2-1 countdown. He didnt budge. They counted down again, still no movement. On the 4th count, he just hopped off the bridge, feet first and then he flipped. So I was up next. There were a lot of people watching so once you are roped up, you got to jump to save face. So, i assumed the folk running the jump knew what they were doing, so I just trusted them - they started the count and on 1 I did a big swan dive out and then screamed like a girl all the way down! Got dunked in the river below which was good fun too. For about 2 hours after, I could hardly walk as the adrenelin was pumping through. Good memories :)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I'm also leary of heights. I don't totally freak, but even going up on ladders makes me nervous. It's funny because in gymnastics, my best event was bars. I had no problem swinging around bars, letting go and flipping, etc., but if I ever had to get up on the highbar and pause for some reason, I didn't like it.

I don't like spiders either, but it's getting better b/c my room is infested with them. I've found them crawling on me while I sleep. Killed two of them today.

I used to be terrified of going over the cord with the vacuum. :lol:

you survived Africa - spiders are the least of your worries there :)

Party Boy said:

you survived Africa - spiders are the least of your worries there :)

:yes: I only saw one huge one, on the bathroom wall at Panorama Camp, Lake Manyara. The bird-sized cockroaches that try to fly but don't really have the hang of it are pretty foul. In Serengeti, there were bats in the outhouse, and by in the outhouse I mean down in the pit, not up by the roof. Also, needless to say, I am NOT one of those people that can't go to the bathroom in certain situations. This really helped with that problem:

http://www.dutchbingo.net/TZ/albums/EllensPhotos/photos/photo271.jpg

(^ and that was one of the nicer ones. You're lucky to have anything more than a tiny hole and two bricks to squat on)

Last edited:
When I'm babysitting, have this fear of kids getting hurt bad or dying. Of course all parents have this fear, but I get really bad nightmares. Like when I nannied, the youngest who was 3 would always beg to swim without swimmies even though she couldn't. One night I dreamt she was drowning in the pool and I couldn't get her out b/c there were too many people and they wouldn't move. Now I watch a 4 month old, and the other day while we were napping, I dreamt that she fell out of her seat (she sleeps in a car seat at my house) and got crushed by something! :eek:

Someone needs to edit that pic of the spider. No joke.
:|

My mum is afraid of balloons. She can't handle them at all.

My chronic phobias are common old heights and spiders. Cant even see pictures of either without breaking into a cold sweat.

Those stairs w/ big spaces in between them. One time I was in the city and had to walk on some, I had no choice-I had a massive panic attack

public speaking, terrifying

being stuck in an elevator

being on a plane and someone opening the door

walking over storm drains

it's not strange to me, but snakes :scream:

This could be under quirks as well, but I would say more of a fear:

I only go through the drive thru of a bank, I never go in.

When I was little the bank robbery that Dog Day Afternoon was based happened only a couple of blocks from where I lived. My grandmother brought me up to the block where the bank robbery was taking place and we stood on the corner watching all the hoopla...very scary.

My friend is afraid of mustard. We used to put it everywhere- on his car handle, mop handle. I even wrote his name on the floor with it.

I'm afraid of the bridges that you can see the water when you look down. The metal ones.

Back
Top Bottom