Strange fears anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have a point there too Party Boy. Personally I think his best look was the Elevation era. Maybe perhaps we should start fearing Bono's changing hair styles instead of JM's PennyWise the Clown pics? :hmm:

JMScoopy said:

i can't find anymore :sad: :sad: :sad:

nevermind!:giggle:

thumb_IT-nasty.jpg
Pennywise19.jpg
Pennywise-12.jpg
pennydrain5.jpg
handsdrain.jpg

that last one makes you wanna just jump in the shower, right? :laugh:

Last edited:
i also have a really weird fear of the point where a boat meets the water :huh:

if i go to a harbour and am walking next to a big boat by the pier, i get really freaked out by the patch of water between the pier and the boat... its always so dark and i start imagining i'm gonna fall in and get crushed or drowned between the boat and the pier.

and if i'm on a boat, no matter what size, i generally dont look over the edge at the point where the boat meets the water cause it freaks me out again...i have this weird fear that i'm gonna fall in and the boats gonna go over me.

its just the combination of the dark water and the looming shape above it....

i'm not scared of boats in general though, used to go on them all the time - yachts and speed boats and stuff - riding waves and bouncing over them, and i've been on large ferrys even in a storm where i've been fine (although granted had i looked over the edge i might have panicked)

and i'm not scared of the sea or dark water at all... my friends and i used to have competitions when we went on holidays by rivers - see who could go out the furthest and still be able to touch the bottom. freaky cause you can just go down and down and down, not able to see and never quite knowing how much further till the bottom or when you should give up.

so i'm not scared of boats and i'm not scared of water... i'm just scared of the exact dark shadowed point where a boat meets the water!
weird huh

I was afraid to get into the shower so would count on nightmares happening tonight. The one where he looks like he's almost smiling really scares me too :sad:

Mr Baw I can't stand bridges either! There is one in Maryland called the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. It's 3 miles long and no matter how often I go across it I still get scared.

BonosBaby12 said:
Honestly that is weird Digsy. You have no idea at all why it's like that?

nope, never had any childhood traumas with boats or water and as i say, no problems with them in general.

its just when i see that little bit of water i start to imagine i'm in the sea and a boat is gonna go over me nad i'll get stuck under it in the dark and drown :eek:

it doens't bother me really and it doesn't stop me from going on boats or in the sea but it does creep me out when i think about it and when i'm in harbours and stuff

digsy said:

nope, never had any childhood traumas with boats or water and as i say, no problems with them in general.

its just when i see that little bit of water i start to imagine i'm in the sea and a boat is gonna go over me nad i'll get stuck under it in the dark and drown :eek:

it doens't bother me really and it doesn't stop me from going on boats or in the sea but it does creep me out when i think about it and when i'm in harbours and stuff

That is quite strange :hmm: At least this doesn't stop you from doing the stuff you want to in the water :).

I have a standard fear, which is snakes. The more odd one is European supermarkets - by which I mean these Lidl/Audi type places. There's something about them which really, really gets to me. I don't know whether it's the fact that they always seem so clinical or not, but I haven't so much as been near one in over two years. I tried to get over it a few years ago, and I ended up in near hysterics. I haven't tried again since.

whale-humpback.jpg

I'm really scared of the ocean, whales, and ships. I have a hard time watching any film that involves the sea, waves, etc.

Carmelu2fan said:
As a child I was so afraid of the basement. No matter if it is a well lit and did not have any webs or spiders... I was just did not want to go down there.

As an adult- Bald Bono:|

I am still afraid of basements:yikes:

when I was younger our basement had this really huge hole in the side of the wall and you could see under the house..I use to think wild cats lived under there:sad: (still do) :shifty::yikes:

I am also scared of having a flat tire:yes: I just think the car will bust apart any second travelling down the highway.....I'm always braced for that:|

My biggest fear is semi trucks, I can't stand them. When I'm driving and one pulls up alongside of me, I start freaking out and speeding up or slowing down so it's not near me. Don't ask me why, but I think that they're going to run me over or something. My other fear is Super Wal-Marts, I hate their size and cold warehouse like set up.

I have another fear and it is... getting pregnant and having to raise a kid. I think that it is one of my biggest fears and sometimes I feel ashamed when I talk about it, because many people think that if you are a girl you naturally want to have kids someday, but that's not my case. I can't even hold a baby in my arms because I feel i'm too clumsy and i'm gonna break the baby or something :(. I feel sick when I watch those tv shows about moms in labor or "super nannys" :yikes: .

Don't take me wrong, I like kids, I think that babies are beautiful (If I wouldn't like kids I wouldn't be an illustrator) but, the idea of having a little being inside of me and then giving birth and raise a child, is too much for me.

Last edited:
neutral said:
I guess I have a fear of jumping off heights. I get this almost uncontrollable urge to jump when I'm on a roof/balcony/cliff etc. I've been having nightmares about it for years.
:confused: :shrug:

I have that same fear too...but not as much...I'm just leary of looking over stuff if I'm at somewhere tall (meaning observation decks/roofs/parking garages or any tall buildings/cliffs)...I'm also leary of being near the edges of these places....this is one of the reasons why I won't go on planes.

I'm leary of crowds too....I dunno why though...I guess it's because I'll get smushed or crushed or something.

Recently...I'm having this fear of falling through stuff...like falling through a open hole or weak spot (cause I fell through a weak crack in my bathroom recenty)...and yes...I've been having nightmares about it too.

Those are the stuff I'm leary/afraid of....unless looking at scary pictures count (Horror movies don't scare me...just scary pictures or really good "boo" moments :shrug: )

Muggsy said:
I have another fear and it is... getting pregnant and having to raise a kid. I think that it is one of my biggest fears and sometimes I feel ashamed when I talk about it, because many people think that if you are a girl you naturally want to have kids someday, but that's not my case. I can't even hold a baby in my arms because I feel i'm too clumsy and i'm gonna break the baby or something :(. I feel sick when I watch those tv shows about moms in labor or "super nannys" :yikes: .

Don't take me wrong, I like kids, I think that babies are beautiful (If I wouldn't like kids I wouldn't be an illustrator) but, the idea of having a little being inside of me and then giving birth and raise a child, is too much for me.

This is not unusual to feel this way Mugsy and there is nothing wrong with it. Not every female is destined to be a mother, either through giving birth or by parenting. And that's ok too. We are all different. Go with your heart and if you choose not to include children of your own in your life, that's ok. You don't need to explain to family or friends, it is your right to choose and your choice. Parenting tho is crazy scary and there's no warranty, no guarantees, no handbook or illustrated guide. We just sort of get through it by the seat of our pants. You may feel different about it in say, 10 years from now. But make your own decisions about bringing children into your life. :hug:

I'm the biggest baby when it comes to flying, especially taking off and when there's turbulence. I only flew for the first time when I was 22, when I went to grad school in Florida and had to fly back to Pennsylvania for breaks. Just as I started to overcome my fear, I had a scary experience on a plane that had to make an emergency landing.

Now, I haven't flown for about three years, and the longest flight I've ever been on is still just up and down the east coast. I love to travel and really want to go a lot of different places, especially Ireland, Spain, and Italy, but the thought of being on a plane that long totally freaks me out.

I'm trying to reason with myself that a trip to the Hawaii show would be good practice for me :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm the biggest baby when it comes to flying, especially taking off and when there's turbulence. I only flew for the first time when I was 22, when I went to grad school in Florida and had to fly back to Pennsylvania for breaks. Just as I started to overcome my fear, I had a scary experience on a plane that had to make an emergency landing.

Now, I haven't flown for about three years, and the longest flight I've ever been on is still just up and down the east coast. I love to travel and really want to go a lot of different places, especially Ireland, Spain, and Italy, but the thought of being on a plane that long totally freaks me out.

I'm trying to reason with myself that a trip to the Hawaii show would be good practice for me :wink:

I am a huge chicken too when it comes to flying....I am a mess the whole day...I hate waiting for takeoff:crazy: I don't want too and will try anything to distract myself from hearing the plane engines...I cannot relax on a plane either...the slightest turblance and I am SURE we are going down:crazy: I hate looking out the window...I hate watching the wings bounce all over the place...I'm a freak:|

I enjoy takeoff love the way the plane reclines back:reject:

Have this really silly fear of going into my room sometimes at night when it's dark. Get this uneasy feeling like someone or something is in there. Even though I know the room is all mine and I know there's no way anything could have gotten in. Yet I don't get scared watching horror movies :shrug:

Last edited:
^you love when the plane takes off:crack:....thats the moment I feel like I'm gonna die:crack::lmao:

yeah, I get the dark room feeling too...I hate going into my house alone when its dark:crack:....I actually check my car at night before I drive off.....you never know..the boogie man could be in the back seat:yikes:

Dismantled said:
^you love when the plane takes off:crack:....thats the moment I feel like I'm gonna die:crack::lmao:

yeah, I get the dark room feeling too...I hate going into my house alone when its dark:crack:....I actually check my car at night before I drive off.....you never know..the boogie man could be in the back seat:yikes:

Yeah I get a huge rush when it takes off it's like a natural high for me :shifty: Who needs drugs when you can get a rush from this?! :lmao: Im sorry that it's the point of where you feel like you are going to die.

And I feel much better with knowing that you have the dark feeling too. Get scared even going outside to the garage or taking the trash out fright at nighttime :yikes: Living in the country doesn't help my problem,lol.

Back
Top Bottom