Spiritual, not religious....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysticchild

Acrobat
In the last 5 years of my life, I have come to have spiritual experiences. In 2001 I got sober in September and my life has changed in so many ways. Now life is not always perfect and I struggle with bad depression. I also noticed that people use the word depression to replace the word sad. They are two totally different feelings. Well sadness to me is a feeling , whereas depression to me is a chemical enbalance in the brain. Anyway, It took me a good few years to start believing in a higher power of my understand, whom I choose God. I am not here to throw my beliefs on anyone, I just felt like talking about spiritality and how it has affected my life. When I first got sober I was in such darkness that there was no light to see. It was a dark and lonely place that had no doors to open. My soul had died from substance abuse. I was actually dying, my body too. In the 12 steps program I have learned to connect with God that I had never experienced before , ever! I didnt know how to start, so I got on my knees and prayed. It started to work because I had been able to stay sober in the next couple of weeks.

In life I try to control the show, the lights and the lyrics too. Since I havd connecting with God, I have changed my warped perception on things. I went to the beach the other day and I sat in a chair and just listened to the waves, watched the seagulls, and put my feet in the sand. To me that was God, the God that I can understand. Who made this world , everything in it works perfectly. The sun, moon and the colors of the Earth. it seems to me that people that have no connection with spirituality and destroying the world. People are killing in the name of money and politics, Imho. I was at a meeting yesterday and was the leader of the 12 step meeting. I talked about if as children we were given the 12 steps and needed to pass the class, this place would have more love to give, respect would be the ulitmate and and communication would be the way of life. I just felt like getting my thoughts and feelings out.....I wonder what you think...........One more thing , the lyric in City OF Blinding Lights.." Blessings aren't just for the ones who kneel, luckily".....I dont have to kneel to have God listen because he does when I am listening...:)

Last edited:
God is always listening, and God will help those in need, maybe in more subtle ways than others.

You're story is beautiful, and I thank you for sharing it. It is only my hope that more people in your position can find faith as you have.

Your words were beautiful, mysticchild! If God weren't with us, none of us would have any real strength or power to change.

:up:

Hey Mystic Child
You've arrived at something very special, the way you can feel the sand under your feet and the sheer awe of what's around you, right now right this minute. Life can be amazing, vital and beautiful. I meditate every day now, that grounding and connection with the infinite sustains and feeds me, i realise how little i know but i'm excited by that, not defeated by it. I have suffered badly from Bi Polar but if i hadn't would i ever have got here, Do you ever feel that - Another one of your friends on this post - Julesx

SunBloc said:
Your words were beautiful, mysticchild! If God weren't with us, none of us would have any real strength or power to change.

:up:
Not to be an ass but I have a bit more faith in the human spirit than to let it appear as a cardboard cutout propped up by an all-powerful being.

I think faith is a very strong reason to change, but for others family or friends can be just as strong a motivator.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom