Sometimes, when I am in need of a guilty pleasure, I go to the magazine store and get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Men's Health Magazine!!!! :eek:

This mag just cracks me up. I couldn't care less about the pics of 6 pack abs, but it's the articles and the advice about how to woo women, and recipes like their series "a man a can a plan!". Does anyone else look at this mag now and then? :laugh:

Oh, and I also indulge in the odd Archie comic too....reminds me of my carefree youth! :D

Guitar Player and Guitar World do it for me...I'm getting a subscription.
PC User and Electronics Today International are really a crack up too.
My son's housemate subscribes to Ralph....egad!!
I just perused a bunch of Dolly and Girlfriend mags...egad too!!

My friend's daughter is in this month's Chick magazine( she's a competitive surfer.) What cracked me up about that is they have a regular feature called "Spot A Hottie" where readers can send in a photo and interview with a guy they have met. My friend's son is this month's "hottie" They weren't expecting that...2 of her babies in the same edition.

"woo" i love that word!! "woo"
woo hoooooooooo. There should be more of it...imho

i used to watch soaps all the time, so my guilty pleasure would be Soap Opera Digest. I buy that once in a while, to catch up on the shows I don't watch anymore.

Giant Lemon said:
I've never checked out Men's health, but it sounds like I should! Is that like the male version of Cosmo?

Kind of! LOL! It's a mixture of a workout/health/dating/sex/cooking/fashion mag for men!

Re: Sometimes, when I am in need of a guilty pleasure, I go to the magazine store and get

Mrs. Edge said:
Men's Health Magazine!!!! :eek:

This mag just cracks me up. I couldn't care less about the pics of 6 pack abs, but it's the articles and the advice about how to woo women, and recipes like their series "a man a can a plan!".

So you're saying you read it only for the articles huh???

We've heard that before!! :p :sexywink:

I'm a man, and I've recently been considering whether or not to subscribe to Men's Health.

I think it's a pretty good magazine, and no it is not a Male version of Cosmo (LOL). It offers fitness tips and should be viewed as a Health magazine, not a Glamour for men.

my brother has a subscription to this magazine and thats really weird bc i didnt think he could read!!(he has problems reading so he used to not read and i guess he does now :lol:)

icelle said:
i used to watch soaps all the time, so my guilty pleasure would be Soap Opera Digest. I buy that once in a while, to catch up on the shows I don't watch anymore.

Me too. That magazine was great to have when you would miss an episode of your favorite Soap.

You are right there...they do have a lot of very handy tips. I have learned more from Men's Health than from any female mags....they waste too much time on makeup tips and other totaly useless stuff like that...

Danospano said:
I'm a man, and I've recently been considering whether or not to subscribe to Men's Health.

I think it's a pretty good magazine, and no it is not a Male version of Cosmo (LOL). It offers fitness tips and should be viewed as a Health magazine, not a Glamour for men.

My guilty pleasure is probably "Soap Opera Digest" though I hardly buy magazines ever. The odd Cosmo can be a lot of fun too, especially when read with a friend.

My guilty pleasure is PC Gamer magazine. Don't actually have the time to play games, so at least I can read about them.

I'm sure it is a popular title with y'all :shifty:

For some reason ( I canno tremember why) I get Men's Health free every month. I usually just peel the address sticker off and leave it in my mail room as I find I have no use for it whatsoever.

((I could start mailing them to you though...))

I've been buying US Weekly whenever I see an article about Britney & Justin on the cover. Those crazy kids oughtta get back together already...!
That magazine is a piece of fluff, but its editor is a darn genius?she knows exactly what people want to read!

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
my brother's friend was on the cover of men's health. :drool: gah, i loved when he would spend the weekend at my parents house and i would wake up to see him sleeping on the couch without a shirt on. *dies*
:lmao::lmao::lmao:!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why the fook didn't you jump him then?!!!!!!

a wisw man once said" read before you post"

I take back what i said about "ralph " magazine. It is the other one "FHM" that I glanced at while visiting my son ( it had pics of dead bodies I wish i hadn't seen and an ad for an alcoholic drink that used some suggestion ofrdcore bondage I thought was a bit much. The scantily clad women don't bother me, I can handle THAT!)

We stayed overnight with some friends recently, they had a huge pile of "Ralph" mags in their bathroom. As I am an early riser( and they are not) I said I'd take a couple to bed to read in the morning. I think I woke them up anyway with my laughter. They are written from a witty ( if ribald) point of view.So I see now what the boys enjoy.
When my son moved in to his new house, the younger brother( who is now in Sydney and plays his first pro football game in early February..holey doley they have bulked him up quickly, he works hard in the gym and eats protein stuff) anyway, he had totally covered the loungeroom wall with "ralph" girls. I found it a bit confronting, so did my son. He has taken them down gradually. he just has 2 in his room, tasteful( I reckon they both look like Britney, he can't see the resemblence).
I visited to watch a U2 DVD on their bigTV and was taking pics of the screen ( not sure why) I wonder if u2 woud approve of this?surrounded by Aussie bikini gals? U think so?

I was just given a big pile of old Cleo's and Cosmopolitians, it's going to be hard to get old wilbur smith read now... I LOVE magazines. i already know I'm a numerological sex#2(gosh it seemed accurate) You learn such faskinating stuff in a Cleo. My horoscope has been uncannily accurate of late. Boy I LOVE my reading glasses!! and raving on!

Attachments

• batchpadnov02001.jpg
    batchpadnov02001.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 22
Men's Health is a great magazine. I get it for the workouts, but the other stuff is usually good also. I will grab a Maxim, FHM, or a Stuff here and there also.

I saw the latest Men's Health mag on display in a newsagent the other day.. I thought of you Mrs Edge! I bought a "luck of the irish" scratchie instead and won $12. I put it towards my "boston elevation" DVD lay-by.....6 weeks to go!!!
I'm going to have to buy one now...I want to keep my man healthy...research purposes, the articles.
Workouts? with 3 sons maybe I should seriously investigate it. I bought my 16 yo son a bench, barbel and weights for Christmas 2001...he has used it for good results. He looks great, but I'd like to be sure his technique is right. So seriously, it may be a good mag for him. I buy the guitar magzines fo rhim and he has taught himself so much from them.
Enough justification? yeah, I think so!!

Back
Top Bottom