Sometimes I wonder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamswildhoney

ONE love, blood, life
what it is like to be loved by someone other then your family or friends.

as in from a s/o, I have never experienced that kind of love nor will I prolly ever!! ah well I guess its better to be single then to get your heart broken *which I have several times*:(

it's a lot more complicated than you imagine.

so much compromising....and for a worthwhile relationship to work, there is a lot of effort put in, it's not just romanticism.

I wonder about that too, but that's because I watch loads of soppy films and the like. In the end I don't worry about it too much, I'm only fifteen after all.

I suppose notBC's got it spot on, whoever she/he is.

It's something everyone should feel someday. I hope you all will. :hug:

:sigh: However, I am forgetting how it felt...

notBC is very right though... love is great but relationships are sooo hard, alot of rolling eyes. lol Uhm :uhoh: Well... it helps me keep sane. :shrug:

:heart: love.

I know that there is and has to be alot of comprising but I would just once love to be loved bc I needed to be not bc I have to be by someone

do that make any sense bc it does in my head?? :shrug:

it does make sense
we all (well most of us) want to experience that moment when you feel like the meaning of your life on earth is to be with this one person
and to share all that you have and all that you are capable of with this person

because of this romantic concept it's hard to accept that being in love has a lot to do with timing
meeting the right person at the right time
I'm sure all of us will get there at some point though (maybe even more than once)

Last edited:
:hug: salome

timing just stnks in my case!! I try to have faith but guess with the amount of times I have had my heart broken I have losted it. I guess its kinda my fault bc I am not really out there looking for anyone, I am just waiting for it to happen. :shrug:

I wonder that a lot too. Not just what it would be like but also will it ever happen at all.

adamswildhoney said:
what it is like to be loved by someone other then your family or friends.

as in from a s/o, I have never experienced that kind of love nor will I prolly ever!! ah well I guess its better to be single then to get your heart broken *which I have several times*:(

:yes: I know how you feel. I've never had a boyfriend either, but I've had my heart broken plenty of times.

:shrug: Guys my age just seem so immature. I just haven't found "the one" yet but feel confident I will eventually. Believing that is the only thing that keeps me sane!

Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

wertsie said:

:shrug: Guys my age just seem so immature. I just haven't found "the one" yet but feel confident I will eventually. Believing that is the only thing that keeps me sane!

Gah I completely understand!! :scream: it irratates me to no end bc I am a bit more mature than I should be for my age and I cant seem to find a guy that that is close to my maturity. :scream:

Re: Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

adamswildhoney said:

Gah I completely understand!! :scream: it irratates me to no end bc I am a bit more mature than I should be for my age and I cant seem to find a guy that that is close to my maturity. :scream:

:yes: :yes: That's, I think, my biggest problem.

:hug: It helps to know that other people are having the same problems as me!

Re: Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

adamswildhoney said:

That's why God made older men...hehe! I know what you mean about not being able to find mature guys your age...i'm 22 and the guys my age are really Immature...lol. That's why I like them older:lmao:

I was in love(possibly...well the closest i've gotten) once and the guy was around my age and he broke my heart:sad: It was a mix of maturity and other things...for me older guys are more stable and seem to know what they want.

Lori:mac:

:hug: Lori

I have NEVER been in love just crushes and I had tried to make things happen with them but I guess I am to straight forward with guys. I dont like things to be hidden such as feelings, fears and wants in a relationships so I guess that a scratch on my record bc ALL the guys I have come across dont like that but I cant help it bc I say what I want, how I want and when I want it. Dont get me wrong it works both ways I want my future guy to be straight forward with me too :yes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

LoriHewson said:

That's why God made older men...hehe!

:lmao: I have an older man fetish...:lmao:

:hmm: Lemme just see...

1. My hs principal (he was 29)
2. My hs English teacher (was also 29...he's 34 now, I think)
3. U2!!!
4. :scratch: my history prof? :shrug: :lol: I dunno 'bout that one!

:hmm: but one of my roommates, who is 22, went out with a guy who was 36 and looked anywhere between 40 and 50...beerbelly and all! :puke: I thought that was kind of...icky...

adamswildhoney said:
:hug: Lori

I have NEVER been in love just crushes and I had tried to make things happen with them but I guess I am to straight forward with guys. I dont like things to be hidden such as feelings, fears and wants in a relationships so I guess that a scratch on my record bc ALL the guys I have come across dont like that but I cant help it bc I say what I want, how I want and when I want it. Dont get me wrong it works both ways I want my future guy to be straight forward with me too :yes:

Yeah I know where you're coming from...i'm not sure if it was love or I just thought it was love...Knowing what you want is good though, so stick to your guns and things with brighten up for you. Well there you go then...maybe an older guy could handle you :sexywink: lol :)

Lori

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

wertsie said:

:lmao: I have an older man fetish...:lmao:

Lemme just see...

1. My hs principal (he was 29)
2. My hs English teacher (was also 29...he's 34 now, I think)
3. U2!!!
4. my history prof? I dunno 'bout that one!

:hmm: but one of my roommates, who is 22, went out with a guy who was 36 and looked anywhere between 40 and 50...beerbelly and all! :puke: I thought that was kind of...icky...

Yeah I have that fetish too...lol. Yep your examples were good, but I don't know what your friend was thinking...

older men:drool:
older men with beer bellies that look more than twice my age...:eeklaugh:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

LoriHewson said:

Yeah I have that fetish too...lol. Yep your examples were good, but I don't know what your friend was thinking...

older men:drool:
older men with beer bellies that look more than twice my age...:eeklaugh:

Yeah...Dude, I thought it was her uncle or something at first. :der:

See, I like older men...so long as they don't look old and crusty, you know? :lol: Like all the people on my list, for example!

Dude, I'm kind of scared to go to my history class tomorrow. :eek: I'm such a freak! :lmao: It's not like I have thought of him in THAT way yet...:ohmy: Thank goodness! Then I'd REALLY be freaked! :lol:

adamswildhoney said:
[B
timing just stnks in my case!! I try to have faith but guess with the amount of times I have had my heart broken I have losted it. I guess its kinda my fault bc I am not really out there looking for anyone, I am just waiting for it to happen. :shrug:

snip...

I have NEVER been in love just crushes and I had tried to make things happen with them but I guess I am to straight forward with guys. I dont like things to be hidden such as feelings, fears and wants in a relationships so I guess that a scratch on my record bc ALL the guys I have come across dont like that but I cant help it bc I say what I want, how I want and when I want it. Dont get me wrong it works both ways I want my future guy to be straight forward with me too

[/B]

:hug: Kelly
Girl, I am exactly like you!! :yes: I really never believed I'd find someone who fit everything I wanted, who understood me the way I desired to be understood. I was sick of dating guys who weren't men, who didn't know themselves and didn't really want to know anyone else. I forced some bad relationships (thankfully they only reinforced my knowledge that I didn't want a guy like that!) and things ended with me getting hurt.

But I always said, my guy, he's gonna let me say what I want, when I want to say it. he's gonna want me to express myself completely. He won't be satisfied if I don't.

I never really believed it Kelly. Or maybe I never really understood that I could find someone like that. But I have. And he has changed my world. He's changed the way I see men, and he's changed me by allowing me to be the person I am. Things other guys would get aggravated with me for (like my stubborness or my competitiveness) he loves.

It's absolutely amazing when it happens. And it will for you too. You've always seemed to me to be an intelligent and sassy woman. I'm sure you will find a man who will appreciate all 1000 sides of you! The guys around you now won't even be able to hold a candle to him.

I don't think God gives us desires that we can't have fulfilled. I asked a woman once if she thought she'd get remarried after being widowed and she said yes, she didn't think God would give her that desire without giving her the means to have it filled. I think that's a lovely way of looking at things.

:heart: anytime u wanna chat, :)
(hope my ramblings helped. Keep the faith!!!!!!!)
Carrie

*totters up to microphone*

Patience, grasshopper.

You are young, and you need to grow into who you will be. That love will come, but you need to be ready for it. It's not something to be taken lightly, or to be rushed. That kind of love demands the maturity you want now, but are unable to find in others. I suspect you aren't quite there yourself. I wasn't when I was twenty. Give yourself, and the others, time. That, and experience, will help you recognize that love when it does come. And it will. Keep your eyes open and shut at the same time. Watch for the right guy, but don't miss him because you were looking for perfection.

*goes back to the rocking chair*

:hug: carrie thanks for the rambling, btw I am a sassy woman I even got fired because I am sassy :lol:

martha thanks for the advice:hug: its sooooooooooooo hard to wait for the one that will be right for me

I dont look for perfection, Just I want some that can I love and tell everything to without fear of embarrassment or judgement and who I can share my fears ,my joys and my sadness with. At the same time for him to do the same.

adamswildhoney said:
:hug: carrie thanks for the rambling, btw I am a sassy woman I even got fired because I am sassy :lol:

martha thanks for the advice:hug: its sooooooooooooo hard to wait for the one that will be right for me

I dont look for perfection, Just I want some that can I love and tell everything to without fear of embarrassment or judgement and who I can share my fears ,my joys and my sadness with. At the same time for him to do the same.

:yes: Someone who will understand you and be on the same "level." Very important!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

wertsie said:

Yeah...Dude, I thought it was her uncle or something at first. :der:

See, I like older men...so long as they don't look old and crusty, you know? :lol: Like all the people on my list, for example!

Dude, I'm kind of scared to go to my history class tomorrow. :eek: I'm such a freak! :lmao: It's not like I have thought of him in THAT way yet...:ohmy: Thank goodness! Then I'd REALLY be freaked! :lol:

hehe, now you'll think of him:eeklaugh:

Lori :mac:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sometimes I wonder

LoriHewson said:

hehe, now you'll think of him:eeklaugh:

Lori :mac:

Aw, man! :huh:

Well...I haven't yet....but there's always dream time tonight. Can't control what goes on there! :lmao:

okay. I'm throwing my 2 cents in...

I feel the same way...i always wonder what it is like to have somebody love you...I fell in love with a guy..who was pretty much my best friend. At the time, I saw this as a huge mistake, but i told him I loved him. And you know what? he got mad at me. Why? I will never know. But we didn't talk to each other for about a year..and then one day we just became friends again..but that was also the day he met his girlfriend... the day we became friends was a little over three years now..and now he's engaged..and going to be married to his girlfriend this year. And you know what? I still love him. Even though he has treated me like absolute shite...my heart still longs to call him my own.
I've tried moving on....but my heart always seems to wander back to him. But It took me..up until know to realize his reaction to me telling him i loved him, wasn't normal. He's not normal. But for some reason...I thought he'd say "i love you too" but all i got was anger and a broken friendship.
And everyday I long for someone...someone to call my own...someone to love me. But, I know that day will come. And I know that I'll always have a little place in my heart for that wanker because he was my first love.
Love is not an easy thing....hmm where have you heard that before? Love is painful...and the worst pain is a broken heart and rejection....it hurts like hell.

sorry for it being so long...there's just so much pain, so much to tell...

~Katelyn

BonoInAKilt said:
okay. I'm throwing my 2 cents in...

I feel the same way...i always wonder what it is like to have somebody love you...I fell in love with a guy..who was pretty much my best friend. At the time, I saw this as a huge mistake, but i told him I loved him. And you know what? he got mad at me. Why? I will never know. But we didn't talk to each other for about a year..and then one day we just became friends again..but that was also the day he met his girlfriend... the day we became friends was a little over three years now..and now he's engaged..and going to be married to his girlfriend this year. And you know what? I still love him. Even though he has treated me like absolute shite...my heart still longs to call him my own.
I've tried moving on....but my heart always seems to wander back to him. But It took me..up until know to realize his reaction to me telling him i loved him, wasn't normal. He's not normal. But for some reason...I thought he'd say "i love you too" but all i got was anger and a broken friendship.
And everyday I long for someone...someone to call my own...someone to love me. But, I know that day will come. And I know that I'll always have a little place in my heart for that wanker because he was my first love.
Love is not an easy thing....hmm where have you heard that before? Love is painful...and the worst pain is a broken heart and rejection....it hurts like hell.

sorry for it being so long...there's just so much pain, so much to tell...

~Katelyn

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom