sometimes i think my life sucks.... but I can't give up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
I just don't know what to do to get things better :( .... I have no money, my job pays like shit and I feel that I have no future as an artist here... I've thinking on saving money to trip to mexico or the USA to show my portfolio but I see those posibilities too far from my reality.

I wish I could help my family with money and get my own place and everything... but things here are hard, most of people like me has to live with their parents and we have lousy jobs without health programs. I've been sick the last month and I had to paid all the services cuz I don't have health trust (cuz i'm over 18) and I don't even get enough money to paid it by myself.

things at home are not better... I can't handle my frustration and I have problems with my parents and my sister, cuz I have panic episodes and I can't manage my anger against myself, I have hurt myself sometimes and I'm afraid to do something worse :( last month I tried to shock myself with a plastic bag. My mom asked me to go to a terapist but I don't want to go there, I just need some simpathy and to be listened, I guess.

but I can't say that all things are messed up... i've been painting again, with watercolors, and I'm happy while i'm panting and drawing, . I've been attending an illustration workshop and I've met new people there and is like fresh air for me. I have a good friend who listens to me and I know he loves me and cares about me and I love him too. I've been trying to think that things will going to get better and i'm trying my best but sometimes I just don't know where to go.

Don't think that your dreams are too far from your reality.

I'm kind of in the same predicament. I've spent my inheritance and my youth on partying and traveling. Now I'm 27, still living with family, broke, no job, and just starting school when everyone I know has graduated and is getting married.
I don't have a boyfriend, never had one.
I've created a bad image for myself, I know everyone that goes out and they know me. I'm known as the Party Girl of Anchorage.

I hope you feel better, there are a lot of things out there that aren't always good, but it gets better!

You think you've had it bad.

I am the ultimate loser. I am 32, still live at home, work two jobs and still don't make a lot of money. Plus, I am downright the most ugliest guy in the world. I have never had a girlfriend. Girls don't like me cause I'm ugly.

You have a lot to look forward to. Things will get better for you. Trust me. You just have to be patient. You're young. It will get better.

:hug:

Oh,my God, there are more of us loosers!Sorry, i had to make practical joke out of this.Well, i thought, i am the only one who never had real boyfriend, have no real job( no security al all) and at this very moment i am crying. I also DONT feel comfortable about the future at all. I am listening An cat Dubh to comfort me, but these days i have only one song in my head:And i got no compass, got nO map,,,,,,uncertainty can be your guiding light.
Well, i had enough of this f...uncertainty!
In every possible way(jobs, love).Just waiting for so called soulmate to call., just waiting for stable job, and things with firends are not so great either,.
People, how can we "from the other side" even SURVIVE????????

Anyone who loves U2 is not a loser in my eyes.

However, I do have feelings that I'm just not quite right. I graduated last December and have yet to find a job in my field. I've sent out many resumes and can't even get an interview. And being passed over for a job with my name on it for Miss Pigtails was a complete kick in the stomach. And sadly, this is not rare in corporate America. A friend of mine had something similar happen to her.

I also feel like the fattest thing ever. I gained a lot of weight while in college and my ass could plug up the hole in the ozone layer.

And I won't even get started on my love life.

:hug: :hug: :hug: If I listed all my faults, failures, and shortcomings here, you would all feel like over achievers by comparison. Never give up hope or your dreams, love to you all!

Muggsy said:
I just don't know what to do to get things better :( .... I have no money, my job pays like shit and I feel that I have no future as an artist here... I've thinking on saving money to trip to mexico or the USA to show my portfolio but I see those posibilities too far from my reality.

I wish I could help my family with money and get my own place and everything... but things here are hard, most of people like me has to live with their parents and we have lousy jobs without health programs. I've been sick the last month and I had to paid all the services cuz I don't have health trust (cuz i'm over 18) and I don't even get enough money to paid it by myself.

things at home are not better... I can't handle my frustration and I have problems with my parents and my sister, cuz I have panic episodes and I can't manage my anger against myself, I have hurt myself sometimes and I'm afraid to do something worse :( last month I tried to shock myself with a plastic bag. My mom asked me to go to a terapist but I don't want to go there, I just need some simpathy and to be listened, I guess.

but I can't say that all things are messed up... i've been painting again, with watercolors, and I'm happy while i'm panting and drawing, . I've been attending an illustration workshop and I've met new people there and is like fresh air for me. I have a good friend who listens to me and I know he loves me and cares about me and I love him too. I've been trying to think that things will going to get better and i'm trying my best but sometimes I just don't know where to go.

I live in Mexico, you can send me your portfolio, and I can send it to some people in here...

here's my msn in case that you're want to talk about it: ortega_al@hotmail.com

And stay cool, think before act please, we all have problems, but that what's life is all about, to solve those problems...

don't worry. there are a lot if us that aren't where we thought we'd be at this point in our lives. just keep plugging away and things will look up. that's what i'm doing at least.

muggsy, don't despair, just keep strong and look to the future. Actively try for your dreams and you will get there!

joerags - have you tried an online dating service? There is always someone out there that will love you. I highly doubt your the most ugliest man in the world, but man you have a cool personality and seem very kind. There are lots of people who would appreciate that in a guy :)

girlhappy - you'll find love one day, i just know it! i rpomise you 150% you will! Just dont search for it, it likes to just turn up unexpected! :)

:hug: for you all :)

Muggsy, sometimes life sucks, trust me, I know (my baby just had open heart surgery and now might need more now that they discovered he has scoliosis, throw on top of that a major flood in my basement destroying everything including washer, dryer, central air conditioning, boiler, hot water heater....insurance will pay nothing)....But just keep plugging along and at some point things will turn around....and remember, $$ isn't everything, I'd give it all away for my son's health. Just stay positive and draw inspiration from the things that make you happy, like your painting.

Re: Re: sometimes i think my life sucks.... but I can't give up

Acrobat_Al said:

I live in Mexico, you can send me your portfolio, and I can send it to some people in here...

here's my msn in case that you're want to talk about it: ortega_al@hotmail.com

And stay cool, think before act please, we all have problems, but that what's life is all about, to solve those problems...

thanks!!... it would be great to send some stuff to you... :D. I want to travel to Guadalajara next year (La Feria del libro).

try to stay positive....i know it's hard but things can only get better :hug: it things were good all the time it wouldn't be LIFE! :hug:

Numb1075 said:
Muggsy, sometimes life sucks, trust me, I know (my baby just had open heart surgery and now might need more now that they discovered he has scoliosis, throw on top of that a major flood in my basement destroying everything including washer, dryer, central air conditioning, boiler, hot water heater....insurance will pay nothing)....But just keep plugging along and at some point things will turn around....and remember, $$ isn't everything, I'd give it all away for my son's health. Just stay positive and draw inspiration from the things that make you happy, like your painting.

Hope your baby get well soon numb :hug:. I really admire moms (like mine) who give themselves to their children and keep things going on :). Sometimes I feel i'm a selfish brat cuz I still don't have anyone to care about :reject:

Maybe I still have to learn that money isn't everything... I have wealthy friends and I feel bad when I'm talking with them, cuz they think that I have the same oportunities than them to travel and get more money and they don't know what it feels to be short of cash... always. last week I went to a summer club with them and I felt awkward when they showed their Coco Chanel makeup and their new bikinis when I had my old bikini and my cheap sunscrean, telling them that I have to take two buses to get to my work while they drive their own cars.... I try to give a shit about that and I'm happy going to cheap places with my friends and saving money to buy my clothes and my art supplies but when money turns into the only subject of the conversation is soooo annoying :madspit:

Last edited:
Why can't life be easier and fair? Why are some people overall happier then others. Yes, everyone is born equal, but we don't turn out equal. Some people are just more happier and more successful then others. I don't understand why God would make it like that.

You all think you're losers. I just came back from Italy. I met the best girl I have ever met for me. She was beautiful, had a great personality and she liked me, I liked her. But I, being the stupid loser I am, did nothing about it and at the end we were more like friends. And now she lives in California and i'm in NJ. Yea so it sucks, she might have been "the one." Now i'm just hoping that I end up with "the one," whoever it may be.

After death, we all go to heaven right? I believe that God would never let us go to hell and we all ultimately end up in heaven. But I think that before heaven there is purgatory. And we all spend time in purgatory according to how many sins we commited. Probably people like Gandhi spent a very short time in purgatory while people like bin Laden will spend a very very long time there. But the point is that at the very end, we will all be in true paradise. Now this may sound harsh, but it makes sense. Life is full of problems isn't it? Everybody struggles so much. Rarely there are people who are always happy. So what if a huge asteroid hits the earth and wipes out the human population? We would all die. But it isn't as bad as you think. When someone dies, people get depressed. The only person who we are sure doesn't give a shit is the person who just died! So if everyone dies, we'd all be on our way to heaven and happiness wouldn't we? And there would be no people left on earth, so you can be sure that nobody will be depressed and saddened. So I think that life sucks, death is a good thing, but only for the person experiencing it.

I'm working on this, but... it's coming slowly...

Really understand that happiness is just a state of mind. We need to do some work in our life to get to a reasonable state of happiness. But really, if you can just harness the power of your mind, then things will fall into place much easier. I'm not going to say "Think Positive", or "Look on the Bright Side". There is no reason to deceive yourself - I think that is where most unhappiness comes from, anyway...

But don't deny yourself to be pleasantly neutral, or happy, if you want to say it like that.

once you accept that most things are irrelevant, it is oddly enough a lot easier to feel happy...

Good luck to you muggsy and everyone else

I know how you feel..sometimes I don't know what there is that keeps me going, but somehow you have to hold on to whatever inner strength you can muster.

You seem like a very sweet girl and I hope things will be better for you soon

Back
Top Bottom