Sometimes I think I'm too nice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Liesje said:

I had a house mate like that. I'd be watching TV or eating dinner, and then have that feeling that someone is standing behind me, and she'd be there, just standing there. I'd say "hi" and try to talk, but I dunno....there's something about her that's just awkward. We did our best to invite her out with us and include her when we all hung out at home, but she was always kinda strange.

Ahhhhhh she does the exact same thing!!!

I'll be watching TV with my door open and no matter what is on, I can feel her out in the hall looking in staring at it. Even if I'm just flipping through the channels, she stands there and stares. Then after a long pause she'll usually go "....Hiiii..." and then run down the hall to her room...and I'm just left like this :der:

By the way you are describing her, she sounds like someone who has so little social confidence, she doesn't know how to act in public.

I would know, because I used to (and at times still) do that. I used to be the really clingy type, the one who would just stare at anything that moved. I was a real pain in the ass, and it was no wonder why people thought of me as a freak.

But the way for me to get over that was to develop my social skills. I had learn to open up more, listen to people and so on. That's why I say try to get her more involved in things so this way she would develop more social skills, and learn how to be around people.

(I can't believe I just told the whole world what I weirdo I used to be :reject: )

Pearl :hug:

In all honesty, we're all weird :yes:

I'll see what I can do. The next time she starts going on and on about anime I'll try and politely change the subject to...I don't know...something else and see where that goes.

Pearl said:
By the way you are describing her, she sounds like someone who has so little social confidence, she doesn't know how to act in public.

I would know, because I used to (and at times still) do that. I used to be the really clingy type, the one who would just stare at anything that moved. I was a real pain in the ass, and it was no wonder why people thought of me as a freak.

But the way for me to get over that was to develop my social skills. I had learn to open up more, listen to people and so on. That's why I say try to get her more involved in things so this way she would develop more social skills, and learn how to be around people.

(I can't believe I just told the whole world what I weirdo I used to be :reject: )

its ok pearl, i used to be that way too:hug:

everything you said is right on, and thats how i learned to interact with others.

:bump:

Oh boy. It looks like I'll be driving her home for Thanksgiving break on Tuesday, which means about an hour and a half stuck in the car with her (we're both going to the same city, though different parts).

As long as I have my iPod playing that should keep me sane...

I can always prepare a list of questions to ask her about topics completely unrelated to anime, video games, and fan fiction....

:uhoh:

Maybe she'll sleep! Phil and I dropped someone off near Indy on our way down to Florida. and she slept the ENTIRE trip, which was a 5 hour leg to her destination.

Back
Top Bottom