Something has finally gone right for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onebloodonelife

Blue Crack Addict
Last year, I was diagnosed with a chronic illness, so I've been at the doctor way more than anyone under 18 should have to be. It really affected my academics as well, and I got rejected at my first choice college, and waitlisted at my second choice.

I ended up appealing the waitlist decision at the second school (University of Minnesota-Twin Cities). And, I found out on Saturday that I won my appeal and am accepted into U of M :hyper:

I'm so excited that I can't even contain myself! I talked to my grandma when I found out and she just said, "Isn't it nice to have things go your way?" I have to agree with her :drool: :happy:

Ski-U-Mah

onebloodonelife said:

I ended up appealing the waitlist decision at the second school (University of Minnesota-Twin Cities). And, I found out on Saturday that I won my appeal and am accepted into U of M :hyper:

Congrats!

Go Gophers! :up:

Congrats! :applaud:

Is it that same problem for which you had an endoscopy or something done? Did they figure out what was wrong? Hope you get completely cured! :hug:

Thanks everyone! I seriously cannot contain myself :happy: A friend of mine and I are planning on requesting each other as roommates, so that should be amazing as well. On a much more boring note, I just got done filling out my financial aid forms :rolleyes: Sooooooo tedious, but like my mom said, I've got lots more where that came from :lol:

Zootlesque said:

Is it that same problem for which you had an endoscopy or something done? Did they figure out what was wrong? Hope you get completely cured! :hug:

It is one and the same...I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, actually it will be a year ago in a little over a week. I'm finally in remission, which has been wonderful :drool: but, it took a really long time to get to that point. I've probably only been in true remission for a month or two. Unfortunately, no cure for me or anyone else with it :sad: So, it's a life of doctor's appointments, pills, and scopes for me :wink:

But hey, it did give me a career path :) I'm planning to go pre-med, so I've got a long road of schooling ahead of me as well :lol:

:hug: How have you been Zoots?

Illnesses are never fun. Hopefully you'll stay as healthy as possible!
I'm glad you got into your second choice!
Congratulations!

that is just awesome you fought and won. really, the biggest congratulations to you! crohns is a horrible disease. all the best to you. you really deserve it.
:hug:

Congratulations! I went to college in the Twin Cities, and it's such a cool place to live and study. And the UofM is :up:.

Best of luck to you!

sulawesigirl4 said:
Congratulations! I went to college in the Twin Cities, and it's such a cool place to live and study. And the UofM is :up:.

Best of luck to you!

Where did you go to college? I absolutely love the Cities, and coming from a town of 5,000 will certainly be interesting. Though, we are right across the river from a city of 50,000, but still, nothing compared to the Cities.

Thanks again to everyone for your support! I really do appreciate it so much :hug:

onebloodonelife said:
Where did you go to college? I absolutely love the Cities, and coming from a town of 5,000 will certainly be interesting. Though, we are right across the river from a city of 50,000, but still, nothing compared to the Cities.

I went to a small private religious college called Northwestern. It's in Roseville, which is a suburb smack in the middle between Mpls and St. Paul. I had a great time living in the Cities and we used to have a really active Twin Cities Interference group that would get together for brunch at Molly Quinn's (an irish pub down on Lake St. that is probably closed now) and other stuff.

Actually, the annual professional conference for people who do what I do is going to be in Mpls at the end of May. I'm totally psyched to go back!

Enjoy your last days of high school and look forward to your new adventures in college. :)

sulawesigirl4 said:

I went to a small private religious college called Northwestern. It's in Roseville, which is a suburb smack in the middle between Mpls and St. Paul. I had a great time living in the Cities and we used to have a really active Twin Cities Interference group that would get together for brunch at Molly Quinn's (an irish pub down on Lake St. that is probably closed now) and other stuff.

Actually, the annual professional conference for people who do what I do is going to be in Mpls at the end of May. I'm totally psyched to go back!

Enjoy your last days of high school and look forward to your new adventures in college. :)

:cool: I've heard of Northwestern in the Cities! Actually, I think I got sent some information about the college at some point in the last year :lol: I lost track after getting several mailings a week from various colleges.

Congratulations!! :hug: you really deserve this. hopefully this is the first of many things to go right... :up:

I love the Twin Cities...Minneapolis is :drool: I need to go there more often. My grandparents live in Minnesota about an hour north of there, so I go there a few times a year, but I haven't had adventures in Minneapolis for awhile, though my uncle and cousins live in St. Louis Park (suburb).

if Interference people ever meet up there, let me know, I might actually be around :lol:

AtomicBono said:
Congratulations!! :hug: you really deserve this. hopefully this is the first of many things to go right... :up:

I love the Twin Cities...Minneapolis is :drool: I need to go there more often. My grandparents live in Minnesota about an hour north of there, so I go there a few times a year, but I haven't had adventures in Minneapolis for awhile, though my uncle and cousins live in St. Louis Park (suburb).

if Interference people ever meet up there, let me know, I might actually be around :lol:

:hug: Thanks! I'm going up to the Cities on St. Patricks' Day for a concert, so I'm going to try to wander around a little with the friends who are coming with me.

I'll be sure to let you know if any Blue Crack addicts are getting together too :wink:

Back
Top Bottom