somebody is stalking me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HandMeDown

The Fly
yep...I have a stalker....blargh. They even made up a fake email addy and pretended to be my ex, saying that he wanted to be friends again. I was crushed when I found out it was fake. They just emailed me again the other day, pretending to be somebody who saw me at the bar this weekend, I knew it was fake so I didn't respond and they sent a vicious email last night. They keep telling me how horrible I am and that it's no wonder my ex hates me. Nothing like pouring salt in the wounds huh?

anyway, just wanted to vent.

:yikes: :hug:

that's so scary! maybe you should contact your email provider and see if they can investigate the matter or tell you what to do about it :shrug: there's gotta be something you can do?

save the harrassing emails. call the police and file a complaint. consider changing your email address. im sure they can do SOMETHING about it. that pisses me off...

thanks guys. The problem is that I'm not 100% sure it is the person I think it is. I contacted yahoo.com ( where the email addresses come from) and told them about the problem. I sure hope they can do something because it's really bugging me. If the person I think is doing it really is I'm going to be scared senseless because I have to work with them every day.

icelle said:
save the harrassing emails. call the police and file a complaint. consider changing your email address. im sure they can do SOMETHING about it. that pisses me off...

as of three years ago, there was absolutely nothing the police could do.

I doubt there is anything they can do either. I suppose this is sort of like karma bititing me in the arse for harassing my ex so much. If it wasn't so freaking scary I would take a great lesson from it.

well there was a guy at work that was bugging me yes....then I got this email from somebody saying they were my ex and that he wanted to be friends...found out it was fake and the person wrote me a VERY nasty email. I thought it was over...now I believe the same person emailed me pretending to be somebody who saw me in a bar and asked my friends for my email. I knew this wasn't true so I just ignored it. Then they wrote an abusive email telling me that I'm a horrible person and it's no wonder my ex doesnt want to be with me...although they used much harsher language. I think it might be the guy at work who wanted to date me. I turned him down by saying I am still not over my ex.

It's a big freaking mess. I'm tired of my life being filled with so much drama. I wish I could turn the clock back a couple of years to when things were happy and simple

icelle said:

I talked to a buddy of mine tonight, who's a cop. Unfortunetly there is nothing they can do unless theres been a threat made to you that would be taken serious. If it was something like "I'm gonna smack you cuz you make me so mad" the cops wont do jack about it. But if this person goes as far as saying something like, "I know what you did last night, I know where you were, I know who you were with, and I'm going to follow you again".....and much more serious crap, RUN dont walk....RUN to the cops.
oh yah, and make sure you take copies of the emails and dont errase them.
:madspit: :mad: :rant: @person stalking you.

I reported it to yahoo. The emails dont have out and out threats but the undertones are there. It's all just very creepy.

Ugh. One of my "friends" did something like this to me a few months back so I kind of understand how you feel. I agree with other's advice: report the emails to the ISP they're from and ask them to terminate the sender's email account. And if they're making serious threats against you then absolutely consider going to the police - you're not sure who it is and you don't know why they're doing this so it's something to be taken seriously.

:hug: I hope this loser grows up and leaves you alone soon.

me too. I sent everything off to yahoo and I'm waiting to see what happens. I'm afraid that if yahoo just terminates the accounts the person will only make another.

I suggest everybody steer clear of me. For the last 2 years I've been a bad luck magnet :(

Back
Top Bottom