So, how much longer do I have to wait?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
I'm not as pretty as y'all think I sound. Really I actually look about 15, which is REALLY annoying because I'm a senior and people sometimes mistake me for a freshman. :madspit: However 20 years from now I'll be happy because I'll look younger than I am :wink:
Well since the young looking people are commisserating, at least the waiters at the restaurants don't offer you kids menus still. I'm 17 years old, I still look 14...:banghead:

I don't know how old I look to other people out there. I'm 20-I hope I at least look my age to people.

U2democrat said:
Oy. Relationships. Or lack thereof. :sigh:

Mmhm. Everything surrounding them can be great, but they can also be a real pain in the butt.

Due to our move, it's been a while since I'd last talked to him, but I just sent him an e-mail earlier tonight just saying hi and everything...we'll see what happens from here on out, I guess. Seriously, I don't mind living in Wyoming, but at the same time, I don't like being so far away from people I knew.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Due to our move, it's been a while since I'd last talked to him, but I just sent him an e-mail earlier tonight just saying hi and everything...we'll see what happens from here on out, I guess.

Angela
:up: That is the best way to approach it. See what happens,...

Come date me U2democrat

You meet my qualifications you like U2 thats the hardest one to find it seems!

Moonlit_Angel said:
Originally posted by For Honor
WEll, since there was talk about age difference, it should be noted that according to chinese zodiac stuff, sometimes the best coudples can be found at different ages, seeing how the signs are arranged by years and not lunar cycles, (although it's via the lunar year and not the Roman Calendar).

But like one of the best combinations is between a Rabbit and a Ram, which are 4 years apart.

I know this because I'm a rabbit..... (....) and i was interseted in all that stuff. Even if it's mumbo jumbo, it's interesting to see how people can fit into catagories...

No kidding, that is interesting. I was born in the year of the rat, so I'm curious...what does that stuff say for people like me?

Don't marry a horse..... my dad is a rat and my stepmother is a horse, and really, they never saw eye to eye, and now they have a divorce! (that sort of..... rhymes....) According to chinese zodiac, some people (years) are just like your acrhenemy, and Horses and Rats don't mix. It's funny, because the local Dragon Buffet (great place), has this placemat and it always says "if your a rat DON'T MARRY A HORSE", and likewise for a horse. So, if you want, I have some "eveidence" that supports that.

Well, not that I truly advocate strongly any zodiac,.... but I will say this, if you take it lightly, and sort of look into things, it does make sense. At least, it has for me....

Right....

Here is a great site with lots of details.
It hit me right on, all things considered.

Check out the site, but here's some basic stuff- the Rat was the first animal to get there, sort of like Aeris is the first of the 12 Zodiac signs. I guess the legend is that the buddah called a bunch of animals, but only a few showed up. The Ox got there first, because he's so strong, but the rat manuvered around him and used dexterity and quickness and the likes to be the first animal on the list. (You know what's funny? In latin today, we are doing etimology sp? and the word mouse comes from the latin work for muscle...... strange coindicence, eh? I guess they say it's because a rat moves like a muscle, and they can skimmer about like that)

moving on........

I guess it says Mice are good with Oxes (oxen?), Dragons, and Monkeys (I'm no expert, just skimming around).

Hah, I guess your a Restless Rat, but......
I'm......
a Delicate Rabbit :eyebrow: :huh:

Jeez, that's not very manly lol.
Oh well. I can take it...
(my other sings are a Taurus (sun); Leo (moon); and Gemini (Rising/ascendant))

Oh yeah.... I'm not just any old rabbit, I'm.......
*cue theme music*.......

a Fire Rabbit!.......born in the hours of........
the Dragon!!!!!!!

I guess I'm looking for a Ram, or a dog, but it says Rams are one of the best for me..... (it's funny, because I know one, and... I get a long very well.....) and my enemy is.... the Rooster! :shifty: I hear they are loud, and I can see how that would distort my delicate, peaceloving nature, and my sensative hearing, too! (...) *ahem* :huh:

:eyebrow: ... Jeez, it says we're bitter enemies (Squall and Seifer?), and like we don't agree on anything.. struggles for dominence..... hmm.... well, whatever....

...... well, I guess that's all I have to say.
I;ve looked into this sort of thing because I wanted to find out things about someone I know, but I don't see often so I wanted to try and get a glimpse into their personatlity/compatabilty... It's sort of fun.

There is a big difference between change and adapt i guess.

I mean,...if people realy don`t want to adapt a little in a relation, they better of single. :confused:

I think accept the differences is also importaint :hmm:

I had a lot to learn the last couple of months about relations. In many situations, misunderstandings are the main reason for a unhappy feeling. Talking and being honest about the feelings you have works the best .

:reject: Sorry, this is a little offtopic.

WEll, there is a fine line between being confrotable with yourself and changing who your are.

I'm no expert, as, I am a guy, but sometimes people are insecure and don't like to show any skin.
Or sometimes, they just like to be more reserved and perhaps even classy.

I think the most important thing, though, is to find someone you can communicate with. Especially for more serious relationships.

Because.... love is not a physical thing.
And if you really want it, then, you need something that's not physical.

(and also, as far as I;m concerned, something besides the emotion, something mental, a mental/emotional connection)

It's always

"The intangibles"

that matter most.....

Aw hon,

:hug:

For whatever it's worth, like apparently a few others here, I was in my 20s when I kissed someone for the first time. It was nice, and we dated for a bit, but our goals were so so different (he didn't...you know...really have them...LOL). That was almost three years ago, and I've dated some guys casually since then but nothing special. I'll be the big 3-0 in May. I'm looking for someone who respects my ambitions, not someone who is intimidated by it, and the guys I'm drawn too tend to be really passionate and connected to life. That's what I'm looking for, anyway.

College is SO much better, I can promise you that. :) And you have so very much going for you. I'm glad you have the presence of mind and spirit not to change for someone (though any relationship does require compromise, but that's different). You're smart, funny, spirited, ambitious, adorable and you clearly have excellent taste in music and in Phantoms. ;)

SD

U2democrat said:
I'm 18. I haven't had a kiss. Or a boyfriend. How much longer do I have to wait? .

Oh..I thought I was in a bad position, I'm only 16...and a guy....It's tough for me too

:(
*posts cheer-up U2 lyric for u2democrat*
Don't you worry you'll be fine
:hug:

First, did you say you weight 85 pounds? Gosh, I just did the math and that's a good 175 pounds less than I weight!
Dang...:D

U2 Dem,
High school boys don't deserve you anyway. I'm going to reiterate what others have said. That boy and that kiss will happen. Probably when you least expect it too! College will be so much better than high school. And dang it, make sure that guy who is your first kiss is a gentleman...make him open doors for you, EVERY DOOR (even the car), he should pay for your meal, he should give you his coat...

p.s. I'm whipped.:shrug:

for some reason, people who are more foreign are more appealing to me...

I don't like "the American" view of things, generally speaking.

Good luck in Europe.

Hey, maybe try to connect with some people here, in like the Discotechue (sp) forum, let em know where you going, and maybe you'll have some aquaintences to be made there?

Just thinking.
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom