So, how much longer do I have to wait?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't/hadn't had a first kiss at 18. I think what has been said that guys at college are more diverse and different is true, and that gives me hope. I'll hold out one more year, and as has been said earlier, maybe my knight in shining armor will rescue me when I least expect. :wink:. It's just very frustrating.

Just keep in mind that there are guys who do want to be a knight in shining armor for someone...

I know at least one

Me, well, I'm sort of in the same boat.
I;ve had an odd path going through school, and I 've never been able to interact with anyone in there. I've had girls hit on me and stuff, but... it was never really right. And I don't like most "pop culture" stuff anyways, so I just don't get involved with school.

But about guys... everyone is different, and there are no real stereotypes, like for women. I just don't like highschool because everyone seems immature, and everyone is too afraid to be real.

I have friends in all sorts of clicks and sections, but a lot of my friends dislike each other, so it's hard. But I refuse to "not be friends with someone" just because cliques don't match.

One more thing, I'm stubborn in that I don't conform. (I've actually developed alot of leadership from this). But being stubborn and not conforming to one group of people makes it harder for people to approach you for some reason. I've sort of taken pride in that, though, becuase I'm not afraid to be who I am.

Don't worry about being a strong person. That will do you more good than harm in life. True, guys do find it easier to approach girls who are "vulnerable" , etc. but sooner or later you will meet someone who's smart enough and mature enough to recognize that a strong woman isn't neccesarily a bad thing.
(But don't be afraid to be femenine, either)

As far as I go, I can't be me in highschool. So online and outside of HS, that's the only way I can interact with people. Somebody brought up a good point about seeing the same people over and over again- that's my problem. I've changes alot in the last 3 years, so people still associate me with my former self. I can't wait to move out and on to college.

it will be like a snake shedding his old skin.
:eyebrow:
heh
:yes:

I am myself in HS. I don't conform. I have alot of friends but at the same time I don't "fit in." I hardly have any brand name clothes, and I don't really care about what others think about me. I guess the reason I can't get a typical HS guy is because I'm not the typical HS girl. :shrug:

When you get to college, you'll be around more mature guys. You'll meet all sorts of cool guys and one of them will be your boyfriend! This sort of thing is easier in college than it is in high school, trust me!

I've been in a stage for some time now where I don't even want to fit in anymore. I've tried but I just can't find my "group". I'm a misfit and that's what I am. I think there's a lot of people out there that we don't know that are misfits too but they pretend they are like the others to don't be isolated. Some lie about it, some don't. I can't spend my life pretending that I am like this or like that, if I'm different I'm sure I'm not the only one and that I'll find the one for me. And you know what, something I've realized throughout the years is that a lot of people seem to have respect for those misfits for simply being true to who they are. I'm not trying to pretty the story up with that last line, it's just how I se it. :yes:

For Honor said:
Just keep in mind that there are guys who do want to be a knight in shining armor for someone...

I know at least one

Me, well, I'm sort of in the same boat.
I;ve had an odd path going through school, and I 've never been able to interact with anyone in there. I've had girls hit on me and stuff, but... it was never really right. And I don't like most "pop culture" stuff anyways, so I just don't get involved with school.

But about guys... everyone is different, and there are no real stereotypes, like for women. I just don't like highschool because everyone seems immature, and everyone is too afraid to be real.

I have friends in all sorts of clicks and sections, but a lot of my friends dislike each other, so it's hard. But I refuse to "not be friends with someone" just because cliques don't match.

One more thing, I'm stubborn in that I don't conform. (I've actually developed alot of leadership from this). But being stubborn and not conforming to one group of people makes it harder for people to approach you for some reason. I've sort of taken pride in that, though, becuase I'm not afraid to be who I am.

Don't worry about being a strong person. That will do you more good than harm in life. True, guys do find it easier to approach girls who are "vulnerable" , etc. but sooner or later you will meet someone who's smart enough and mature enough to recognize that a strong woman isn't neccesarily a bad thing.
(But don't be afraid to be femenine, either)

As far as I go, I can't be me in highschool. So online and outside of HS, that's the only way I can interact with people. Somebody brought up a good point about seeing the same people over and over again- that's my problem. I've changes alot in the last 3 years, so people still associate me with my former self. I can't wait to move out and on to college.

it will be like a snake shedding his old skin.
:eyebrow:
heh
:yes:

You almost sound abit like me, just a bit, although I need alot of social interaction and attention.........:wink:
Here, man you should never have to make many ajustments to who you are, just be yourself all the time, it works better for ya.

Last edited:
It's all about the looks.

You have to make yourself look like a hottie, ala Britney, Christina and Lindsay.

Then you'll definitely get kissed.
:wink:

But like I said before, U2 Democrat..

you're smart, insightful and a U2 fan

if that doesn't light any guy's fire, I don't know what will??

Last edited:
I wish guys did grow up when I entered college. Turned out, none of them really changed. Actually, I've noticed men never change. They never seem to mature or grow up. They remain the same even when they're 80 years old.

Don't worry about being single, U2Dem. Its actually better than to have someone give you a headache

Last edited:
Hey U2Democrat! :sexywink:

:kiss: *Muh-ah* *slurp, slurp*

Was it everything you hoped it would be?!
You ARE welcome!

Last edited:
U2Dem....the only reason it hasn't happened is because you've only run into medicore, run of the mill type guys. Surely you don't want to waste your time on those types. From what I see here you are sooo much better than that...you are a very special young lady with integrity and ambition. You'll find your 'penguin'....I know it!

Be glad that you don't have all the bagagge some of us do from settling for Mr. Right Now rather than Mr. Right! :yes:

If I could, you know I would ;)

But people have been calling me a flirt (what me? a flirt? I´m not :D) so that´s my bad rep and that´s why I can´t :shrug:

Now, seriously: I am sure you are a very nice girl. Don´t waste your time with stupid boys. Just find the right man and he will take care of you. Be happy that you don´t run into the wrong boys, get pregnant with 17, etc, etc.

Take it easy!

btw.. you really want to work in the White House? As admirable as this goal is, are you sure this would make you truly happy? All the intrigues going on there.. I thought of choosing diplomacy once (also did political science), but people told me it´s a cold, lonely job, kind of, and you always have to watch your back.. could be true for any "higher-profile" political position. This is not meant to discourage you at all! - just so that you think of the other side of the coin.

Last edited:
Windmilllane said:
It's all about the looks.
You have to make yourself look like a hottie, ala Britney, Christina

I wouldn´t kiss Britney. Don´t like plastic people. She´s not my definition of hottie - hot woman = a woman with sexy style and sexy attitude ..and Brit doesn´t have too much of that.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
btw.. you really want to work in the White House? As admirable as this goal is, are you sure this would make you truly happy? All the intrigues going on there.. I thought of choosing diplomacy once (also did political science), but people told me it´s a cold, lonely job, kind of, and you always have to watch your back.. could be true for any "higher-profile" political position. This is not meant to discourage you at all! - just so that you think of the other side of the coin.

Strange as it sounds that kind of stuff intruiges me. Who knows I might change my mind, I've got many years ahead of me, we'll see.

Dont worry U2democrat.. I kissed my first girl at age 14, and the only thing that came out of that was that i lost focus completely :lol: After that it was all about girls LOL..

So you havn´t kissed a guy,, TONS of guys havn´t kissed a girl when they are 18 or older either. I believe 110% that it comes naturally. When you dont expect it, it will be there.. If you search, its much harder.

And DONT go changing yourself into a Britney or whatever. Thats exactly whats wrong with this world today..

Pearl said:
I wish guys did grow up when I entered college. Turned out, none of them really changed. Actually, I've noticed men never change. They never seem to mature or grow up. They remain the same even when they're 80 years old.

Don't worry about being single, U2Dem. Its actually better than to have someone give you a headache

LOL,,, Like this one

I could say the same about girls :wink:

Anyway, Pearl. Sounds like you should come and live in tiny little Denmark. Land of mature MEN, who dosn´t mind cutting a box for the girls makeup out of a piece of wood, hehehe..

GOOD !!!!,, People who wanna change you, dont know you or like you for what you are.. This goes for all of us ofcourse

U2democrat said:
Beli i think you're right about the opinionated and assertive thing. One of my friends dads thinks I intimidate guys because i'm so firm :slant:. But i'm not about to change just so i can get a guy!

You are one of the most intelligent young women I have ever come across. When the boys you are surrounded with grow up a little and realize how very sexy a smart woman is you will have to beat them all off with a stick!

btw, from your description you sound absolutely adorable! Hang tight to your beliefs. Ultimately you will not only find a man that loves you and is attracted to you physically but you will find one that loves your mind and respects you and that is the best kind of love.

originally posted by yimou
Anyway, Pearl. Sounds like you should come and live in tiny little Denmark. Land of mature MEN, who dosn´t mind cutting a box for the girls makeup out of a piece of wood, hehehe..

I'm totally flattered :rolleyes:

you know what, reading all that, i started thinking about this from a guy's perspective and i just realized how much of my time goes to dating and keeping up relationships for like.. the last 2 years... its just ridiculous! its not like i gained anything out of it, i couldve been a rocket scientist if i had put all that time into something more productive.

ladies and gentleman, this is a cautionary tale, think twice before you date..

why is it such a big deal? first, you have to find a girl you wanna go out with, do stuff so she starts to like you, after a while find out if she likes you enough to go out with. but thats just till the first date.

then you go out, be a gentleman and be funny, interesting, sophisticated and caring.. once, twice, thrice... well i am running out of entertaining material, as well as original date ideas.. four, five, six times... things start to get serious, not calling her every day becomes an issue, your friends become an issue, hanging out with other girls becomes a HUGE issue.. then seven, eight, nine dates... now you realize you have nothing in common, and you can only make this much small talk, awkward silences start happening, nothing interesting happens though and then one morning you wake up and say 'what the hell was i thinking for the last 2 months? i like nothing about this girl, we have nothing in common, she never comes up with anything interesting to me... why am i doing this?

oh wait, i am totally captivated by lust. is there nothing i can do? is this it? my ambitions, my dreams, that incredible intrinsic drive to love and be loved in return.. is this all it adds up to? god i am making myself sick! i have to get out of this. ok, what do i do.. i cant risk a messy breakup im gonna see this person again and again for one more year.. what do i do.. ok, ill not call her, and if she doesnt call back, then thats that.

good plan, except, she DOES call back! you think, its all gonna end, it might as well be my fault, but no.. you dont have the guts to put it out there and say what you should have said a long time ago. she's been nothing but nice to you, she deserves that much.

then you stop for a moment... wonder what her side of the story is. what she is thinking right now, whats on her mind. does this keep her busy as much as it keeps you? can you love someone you cant laugh together?

you slowly realize, this doesnt do any good to neither of you.. you decide to leave the country, reserve a ticket to netherlands, and call her, tell her youre leaving the country for 9 months. truth is, there is nothing else you could do. meddling could only make things worse... you start preparing for your finals, you plan to leave the country 3 days after the finals are over. itll be fine.

then you wonder.. you wonder how the goodbye sex is gonna be.. or will it happen at all.. something puts a halt to your train of thought. you have a finance midterm tomorrow and its nearly 11 pm. you should probably get back to work, not post ridiculous stories into someone else confessional threads on the blue crack.

now, there is everything you didnt have to go through. do you wish you did?

dont wait too long, love. but take your time.

ZeroDude said:

You almost sound abit like me, just a bit, although I need alot of social interaction and attention.........:wink:
Here, man you should never have to make many ajustments to who you are, just be yourself all the time, it works better for ya.

No, you don't understand.

I am more myself now than ever before.

If I just let things go the way they were headed I would have been

A- a pot head
B- a drunk
C- gang?
D- someone who doesn't care about life at all
E- someone who doesn't know how to be happy in life
F- Someone who doesn't care about anyone or anything

If I simply let my environment dictate who I was, I'd be a wasted cause.

I've matured alot through my own cause, for my own reason, for myself. It's not about changing who I am, it was about developing into myself.

You can't be a kid your whole life, though that's an arbitrary statement for this discussion.

And through my "childhood", I've had to do without a lot of things most people have. But that doesn't mean I don't know what it takes to live life and be happy.

-=-

Sorry, this is turning into a post about me, and not about our lovely thread originator, U2Dem.

Well, things can get pretty haywired when love comes to town.

Listen, the best advice I can give about relationships is ...

Find someone who is interested in similar thing you like, and maybe even have common goals.

Personally, I think all the games are Bull, so I don't play them, and I've never had any problems.

So just be upfront about what you want, whether it's just a social relationship, a more boyfriend/girlfirned relationship, a party partner, something alittle more serious, or something really serious.

A big part of everything is knowing what you want. That way, even when your not expecting it, if you know what to look for, it will be there.

=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Oh, and I am still in HS

There are 3000 people, total, in my school.

How many girls have I goen out with in that school?
Kissed?

How many do I want to go out with?
How many do I want to kiss?
(some of them are hot, but for a first kiss I would want it to be more special, like others have said)
so 0 again.

(I suppose the next question would be how many girls want to go out with/kiss me.... ;) It doesn't really matter, but let's just say that if I wanted to be in a half ass realtionship, I could have that easily. But I'm not going to compromise my standards/principles, etc.)

just trust me, okay? ;)

I don't like people in HS :)

They don't really offer anything for me.
I'm more into the deeper things in life, so it doesn't bother me.
It's just a little irratating that I can't break out of HS too much, though when I do, it's great.

so don't let "HS" dictate your life.
(not that you look like you needed to be told this :) )
(and don't be afraid to look elsewhere for people to get along with. That worked for me.)

Sometimes your needs can't be met in a certain area, so you must look elsewhere. If you're anything like me, I strongly advocate this. But I had a really hard time getting out from the cloak of HS, but it is worth it.

Be true to yourself, and true things will come to you.
Besides, I personally like quality over quantity.

(monogamy can be a wonderful thing)
(... you just have to find the right person, someone worthy of you)

heh heh heh :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom