Small Doses Of U2, Therapy For The Soul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
My Mom is dying. Caring for almost entirely on my own is exhausting, incredibly sad, stressful, and so many other things too numerous to mention.

I don't sleep much at all, so sometimes when I'm awake I watch U2 videos on my phone that I've never seen before . Like some Bono solo performance of So Cruel, the Edge solo of Love Is Blindness. Bono being interviewed by his daughter Jordan-wow she is so beautiful

I find it extremely difficult to concentrate on any thing other than my Mom. But for those brief minutes looking at my phone , my life is a tiny bit brighter and I'm taken back to a much different time in my life. My Mom even went to U2 concerts with me a few times. I don't know if I'll even be able to go to mine in a couple of weeks. I hope so .

So until I can get some real therapy, this helps. God bless U2 and my Mom most of all. And FUCK CANCER.

So sorry you are dealing with this.
I know how difficult it can be when you have support from your siblings, can't imagine how tough it is without that support.
Hope to see you at the show in 2 weeks.
Stay strong, and most of all, yes...FUCK CANCER.

I'm so sorry your going through this, U2 has been a soundtrack to my life in good times and also bad. Kite, Sort Of Homecoming, Walk On.... There's so many to list. I wish you the best and please find some peace where you can. I send strength your way...

Totally get it. U2 got me through my dad’s death. Hope you can get to the show- you need some time to take care of you right now. Hang in there. You’re stronger than you think.

I am so sorry to hear this, MrsSpringsteen. Losing one's mother is one of the worst things that can happen, even when you have siblings. Please know that those of us who have "been there" are sending you love and strength. "All That You Can't Leave Behind" got me through my mother's passing in 2001, especially "Walk On" and "Stuck In A Moment." Wishes for an easy flight for your mom, and many hugs for you. :hug:

My Mom died Friday. At home the way I wanted it to be for her. Me caring for her made that possible for her. So as difficult as that was, I am so proud that I did it. Many days I thought I could never do it one more day. But I kept going for her.

She told me often closer to her death that no woman could ever ask for a better daughter. That will always make me feel so incredible. I'm so glad her suffering is over, but I miss her like crazy. Love really is bigger than anything in its way. And I had a lot in my way. But I also had small and not so small unexpected experiences along the way. And I got out of my shell and let them in. I think I'm a much better person. I hope so.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I think are a wonderful daughter and the better person you hope to be. As she sails among the stars waiting for you, please know that she will always be with you, and that you *will* see her again. You will always miss her, but the edges of that jagged hole in your heart will gradually grow a bit smoother over time. Talk to her every day. I wish I could hug you in person, because I know from experience that losing your mother is one of the most difficult things a person can endure. :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I think are a wonderful daughter and the better person you hope to be. As she sails among the stars waiting for you, please know that she will always be with you, and that you *will* see her again. You will always miss her, but the edges of that jagged hole in your heart will gradually grow a bit smoother over time. Talk to her every day. I wish I could hug you in person, because I know from experience that losing your mother is one of the most difficult things a person can endure. :hug:

Thank you Ms Purrl and everyone else

Back
Top Bottom