single interchicks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beegee

Neon Zebra
and single interguys as well, i suppose...

those of you who have been around interference long enough that it's become a huge part of your lives - at which point when you are dating someone do you tell them about this place?

do you ever tell them? if you choose to tell them, do you invite them to visit? and if you choose not to tell them, do you feel like you're leaving out a small part of who you are and what you do?

it's just something i've been thinking about.

I'm not single anymore, but I was on Interference for a few years before Phil and I met. We've been together for 3 years and now he posts here sometimes. I'm sure he can tell you how he felt about it at first......

sadly, this isn't a issue for me. :|

if this forum is still in existence by the time i finally get a date, i'll let you know.

*slinks out of thread*

bonosgirl84 said:

those of you who have been around interference long enough that it's become a huge part of your lives - at which point when you are dating someone do you tell them about this place?

do you ever tell them? if you choose to tell them, do you invite them to visit? and if you choose not to tell them, do you feel like you're leaving out a small part of who you are and what you do?

I wanna post......I tell everyone! :yes:

bonosgirl84 said:

do you ever tell them?

i suppose you should eventually tell them cuz what happens when you go to concerts or gatherings and then have to explain where you met these weird internet people, lol. but only when you feel comfortable in the relationship i guess.

i didn't have to worry about that since i met my bf here :wink:

i think it depends on the person that you're dating... one guy i dated was a huge fan of a female artist and he posted on her message board, so he understood when i told him about interference. but with other people i never even brought it up, b/c i knew they wouldn't 'get it'... and those relationships didn't last long enough for it to become an issue. :wink:

lmjhitman said:

if this forum is still in existence by the time i finally get a date, i'll let you know.

*slinks out of thread*

ditto.

:|

(god I'm pathetic.... :( )

bonosgirl84 said:

i'll let you know if i get a date:|

My ex would be watching 'Sex in the City' or something and look over and see the "blue screen" and just giggle and turn back to her program.

She said it was 'cute' in a very geeky way.:shrug:

my ex didn't get it at first until I found out he was an avid post-er on a different forum that was related to humor and comedic video clips :rolleyes:
and basically in relation to that, we understood each others fanaticism on some indirect level.

we never visited each others forums though because we felt it 'invaded each others inter-privacy' :shrug:
but every once in a while we'd show each other the site to show pictures or something funny that we thought the other would enjoy :)

I'll third indra and hitman.

But actually, I've mentioned it to my friends like "Oh, on this U2 board I post on" and they think I'm a geek is all.

I'd never tell anyone to come read my blog though.

I know I've told Drew about this site, and I've told family about it. I haven't invited any of them (or rather him) to visit, because he likes U2, but not enough to continually visit a U2 message board. Funny, I really don't even "hang out" in the U2 specific areas anymore because a) there's so many newbies and b) the newbies never seem to have a sense of humor or can't bear to hear the slightest bit of U2 criticism without getting all freaked out.

But I don't find this place too silly or embarrassing too mention-- besides, my music geekdom is a big part of who I am. And as a fellow geek, my boyfriend appreciates my geekiness and vice versa :wink:

I told my bf. I think he expected it, anyway, since every time I hear U2 on the radio or see something of theirs at a store I squeal like 12 year old at an NSync show. :silent: :happy:

i don't tell everyone but i would tell a bf if i had one. my friends know i come on here and its no big deal to them. it's just a place where i like to spend some time with people with similar interests as me.

I usually wait a few months. I first have to work the guy through the U2 obsession to begin with....
Then when he has passed that test I slowly work in Interference. However, I completely downplay it....."Oh, just a place where I find out about U2 news and get the scoop on concerts and download stuff".

By that point I'm usually sick of him so I haven't had to move onto the next step.

I would be thrilled to meet another U2 freak.

:shrug:

As long as the guy is a music freak, I'm cool. But, it would be icing on the cake if he was really into U2.

I'm not single, but I felt compelled to reply anyway

My personal situation is that I've told my wife about the forum, she knows it exists, but she thinks it's all about U2 here. She does not know that I post here A LOT and that there are other forums here unrelated to U2 (which is a big part of why I like it so much).

I think everyone's situation is different, but that's just mine.

So I suppose I am an in the closet - interferencer:reject:

Last edited:
since i've been on this board i have dated (or gone out with) three guys. one of them knew about this place and would go with me to gatherings and such. one of them saw my crack shirt, got me talking about how important this place is to me, and then joined. and one was from here.

but i'm thinking maybe next time i would leave it out. and it's not so much the forums that i would care leaving out, i mean, who really thinks it's sexy that i post crackerjack comments back and forth with mk all day long other than mk and i.

it's my journal that i wonder about.

i'm rambling. maybe one of you knows what i mean...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
My ex would be watching 'Sex in the City' or something and look over and see the "blue screen" and just giggle and turn back to her program.

She said it was 'cute' in a very geeky way.:shrug:

and as for you...

i didn't ask about when you were married. i want to know what you would do or what you have done about telling girls you've been involved with since then about this place. dating is different than marriage.

would you tell someone you were dating about this place?

bonosgirl84 said:

and as for you...

would you tell someone you were dating about this place?

Well one was already here.

One I mentioned it to her, but didn't exactly tell her how much time I spent in here.

And one I never mentioned it.

I would say more than likely I wouldn't unless they were a big fan. And oddly enough, I haven't really dated a lot of those...:hmm:

If I were how soon should I tell them? Honey there is someone else I share my feelings with...a bunch of strangers in a blue screen.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

oh, i know...:combust:

so, d...you're saying that you wouldn't tell someone about it? for some of us, many of these people aren't strangers. there are a lot of us who have made friends - real friends that we see outside of this place.

it's all weird. sometimes i think no one understands this place except the people that make this place. so where does that leave everyone else? i tell people sometimes that i have a friend in st louis, or a friend in pennsylvania, and i'm wondering if they wonder how in the hell all my friends are scattered across the country.

i'm doing way too much thinking, i know. i hate when this happens.

lmjhitman said:

*slinks out of thread*

I'm in this camp too.

As for friends I don't tell them about it...as others have already said they wouldn't "get it" and it would be very geeky. Whenever my parents ask what it is I'm always like "oh it's U2 news and stuff." :shrug:

When I first started coming here I had a serious boyfriend and never told him about this place.

In fact, since then I've never told anyone I've dated about interference. :hmm:

Maybe I need to meet another U2 freak.

bonosgirl84 said:

you're saying that you wouldn't tell someone about it? for some of us, many of these people aren't strangers. there are a lot of us who have made friends - real friends that we see outside of this place.

Well I think it would depend how long I was dating her, obviously if it was serious I would tell her otherwise she'd probably think I was having some kind of internet affair.

But for the most part until it got to that point, I don't think most would understand.

I didn't mean everyone was a stranger. There are many who I'd consider my friend, but the other thousands I only know by their clever or not so clever screen name and the fact that they either hate Pop or love Pop.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom