single interchicks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i don't even tell friends about this place... they'd think i was nuts.

they already think i'm nuts... this would put them over the edge.

seriously, nobody can know :shh:

though its hard to keep it a secret when i go to a show and people ask who im going with. if i say im going alone i sound like a loser, if i say im going with people from the internet i sound like a loser, so i just say "people."

Chizip said:

seriously, nobody can know :shh:

though its hard to keep it a secret when i go to a show and people ask who im going with. if i say im going alone i sound like a loser, if i say im going with people from the internet i sound like a loser, so i just say "people."

:yes:

i ran into this problem many times.

i've used "some people i know," "this kid i went to college with," and various other flat out lies to make excuses for my various u2 addictions.

but then of course people saw the pictures i took from the u2 shows in the fall... which feature me at a u2 concert with a bono look-a-like... so all attempts at trying to hide my u2 geekdom are pretty much moot now

Last edited:
The last guy I dated I did tell him about this place...mainly because he was addicted/in love with/wanted to have babies with "Mercy" and wanted to know where it came from. He also knew I met up with some people from here to see a few of the shows.

I didn't tell him my screename though! :lol:

I'd never tell anyone my screen name. :reject:

I will get weird looks at times when I tell people I'm meeting up with some people from my "U2 forum" to see shows. Some people know I've made actual friends from this place so they think it's cool, but usually I just say, "I'm going with some friends", and leave it at that.

Chizip said:

Same problem here. Although last time around I was able to say I was going with people I met at other shows. Still kinda sketchy though.
I tell no one my screen name, although I've got pictures of myself here... :hmm:
damn.

..great thread!

...I wonder how life would be , if Mrs RR liked U2 as much as I do? :hmm:

..but going back to the original question.......I have nothing to be ashamed of, so....yeah, I would tell my girlfriend........I would tell her that my screen name was Chizip. :laugh:

lmjhitman said:
sadly, this isn't a issue for me. :|

if this forum is still in existence by the time i finally get a date, i'll let you know.

*slinks out of thread*

Ditto :D

RedrocksU2 said:
..great thread!

...I wonder how life would be , if Mrs RR liked U2 as much as I do? :hmm:

..but going back to the original question.......I have nothing to be ashamed of, so....yeah, I would tell my girlfriend........I would tell her that my screen name was Chizip. :laugh:

:lmao:

I'd consider myself lucky to even get a date, at this point (they're few and far between.) Why would I go and scare the guy off by telling him I spend far too much time online at a U2 forum? :yikes: :wink:

So far I've only told my gay male friends because they meet people online all the time and don't think it's odd at all. I generally refer to you people as my "online buddies" or something like that and they know this forum has something to do with U2, music and current affairs.

I wouldn't tell someone I was dating until it became serious and so far that hasn't happened.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I'm reading this thread and am just appalled that all of us hot, fun-loving, U2 obsessed chicks are single. I really mean it! :hug:

We're great, damnit! :wink:

whoa, april, what do you mean? being single is the best! i'm actually completely happy being single. i can't imagine it any other way at this point in my life, and i wouldn't want to. lol, you make it sound like it's some horrible condition.

and i like to think i'm great whether i'm single or not! :wink:

I'm reading this thread and am just appalled that all of us hot, fun-loving, U2 obsessed chicks are single. I really mean it! :hug:

We're great, damnit! :wink:

We've got our own support group right here!

We affirm each other. Single is good too!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
then how come none of you are calling me? :mad:

Why aren't you calling us? :mad:

no one calls me

:mad:

well bg calls me

jeff calls me but i usually cant answer when he calls :giggle:

:shifty:

someone get me a date dammit.

:mad:

:happy:

I don't think I could date someone from here though. What happens if you break up? :yikes:

It would be like dating someone at work....you either quit your job or you deal with it if you break up.

bonosgirl84 said:

whoa, april, what do you mean? being single is the best! i'm actually completely happy being single. i can't imagine it any other way at this point in my life, and i wouldn't want to. lol, you make it sound like it's some horrible condition.

and i like to think i'm great whether i'm single or not! :wink:

I've been single a loooooooooooooooong time, and while most of it has been great (come and go as I please, not having to worry about another person, etc.), I just wonder what it'd be like to actually have someone again sometimes. As someone said in another thread, I seem to have the most rotten luck! :happy::|

I've been single a loooooooooooooooong time, and while most of it has been great (come and go as I please, not having to worry about another person, etc.), I just wonder what it'd be like to actually have someone again sometimes. As someone said in another thread, I seem to have the most rotten luck! :happy::|
Oh yeah, well I've been single 18 years. So I win! :p

U2SavesTheWorld said:

I don't think I could date someone from here though. What happens if you break up? :yikes:

You divide the forums evenly.

One takes Lemonade Stand, FYM, etc

The other gets IO, EYKIW, etc

That or you just change your name.:wink:

GibsonGirl said:
I'd consider myself lucky to even get a date, at this point (they're few and far between.) Why would I go and scare the guy off by telling him I spend far too much time online at a U2 forum? :yikes: :wink:

I’d really be turned off by that…:wink:

i tell her i am on a discussion board about politics/ religion/ and music/ etc

i do spend a lot of time in fym

when she calls
she will ask what I have been doing

she thinks it is better than looking at pictures of people without clothes

or one of those single sites

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You divide the forums evenly.

One takes Lemonade Stand, FYM, etc

The other gets IO, EYKIW, etc

That or you just change your name.:wink:

The only want I want is LS. Shit, I'd be happy to just take one thread.

I would change my name to NOTU2SavesTheWorld.

Back
Top Bottom