sigh...i hate stupid high school drama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2phan

The Fly
recently I was discussing the whole idea of this and how frivolous and useless it was to anyone. "drama" is just so pointless blah, and I've tried my best to stay out of any part of it. But now it's come and smacked me in the face.

last night I had found out that my friend Lance blocked our friend Allie online and was not talking to her. Due to a squabble where people were insulting her yadda yadda, but it's not important. My friend told me that, and I was ignorant to not verify it. So we call up our friends in a chat room, and I try to sort out the whole mess. It turns out Lance blocked her cuz Allie's siblings would go on her screen name and insult Lance, and he was sick of it. Perfectly understandable to me.

3 hours later we're still chatting, about the most random things, until my friend Brian starts talking about suicide. It scared the hell outta us, the way he was saying how no one cares about it and how miserable he is. Suddenly he says "MAN I'M SO PATHETIC" and doesn't respond. We sit there begging him to reply, because we all feared he would try something stupid, and he seemed very serious. We were on the verge of calling the cops, but then I thought of telling Lance to run over to Brian's house, since they live very close. In the end, it turns out Brian was just tired and laying down or something, that was allright.

But when Lance asked us to see the conversation of the chat, so to determine if Brian was kidding or not, my friend Ian gave him the whole chat. Including the "conspiring" at the beginning of it. Not good. Now he hates all of us and I don't like that. It's all a silly misunderstanding, how can I get him to figure that out? He really is a good friend, though a bit irrational and vengeful. That's why I wouldn't want him mad at me. PLUS we're going to our first U2 concert together in November. I'd still like to be friends.

any advice?

:ohmy: I'm so glad I'm not at school anymore! These kinda situations suck. My advice would be to speak to this guy Lance. If you act mature and try and explain that you know it was wrong to talk about him like that, let him know you're sorry and just talk it out with him, hopefully he'll be mature enough to see that you weren't being malicious and want to be friends again. If you don't talk to him it will probably get worse and you should try not to get into an argument.

Hope it works out alright! Usually when you get into a situation like this so easily its just as easy to get out of. :)

well nothing

poor Brian was just rambling on about his pathetic life

and the whole trash-talking incident was a few days ago, and it's resolved mostly...but Lance won't apologized and I'm guessing won't for a while, since he's pissed as fart right now

and I'm seeing him tomorow I think, our library is going bowling to reward us for our volunteer work...what do I say? i'm obviously gonna see him

Don't get involved in drama if you don't want it in your life

Highschool?

Everyone's immature. Even I was.
Are you guys really going to remember this years from now?

For Honor said:
Don't get involved in drama if you don't want it in your life

Best advice ever.

If I may add, I would recommend sorting this out in person, face to face, and not behind the mask of MSN or a chatroom. If you want to be truly genuine and step up a few maturity levels, just sit down w/ Brian and ask him what's up b/c a) he either DOES need help if he's suicidal or b) he has some reason to pretend like he was.

Back
Top Bottom