Should I Go Ahead..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
...and just say that I'm celibate on purpose so I look less pathetic? Almost a year without a date is a bit extensive, I think.
rolleyes.gif

I think I push men away, good or bad. The few I don't always are the ones who are no good for me, or who are impossible for me to get.
icon24.gif
There, there's my confession. I'm a horrible girl who can't find a date to save my life. *sigh*

crawls back into Nyquil-induced coma

Oh sweetheart, I am sorry that you don't feel well.

I'm also sorry that things tend to compound when you are down and out.

You are sweet and pretty and vibrant. You fish and you find, throw some out and fillet some. Thus is life, some ponds are better than others, some polluted and some full of rainbow trout.

Hang on there, and ride your valley back up to the peak sweetie
smile.gif

xoxoxo

Originally posted by Ana:
(((April)))

It's not yer fault. The problem is that real men are hard to find so, we have to stick with canines
*coughzedgecough*
tongue.gif

*bites your mailman*

Well my darling April, the same thing goes here. Ok, here's my big lame confession for the day:

I haven't been on a date since last January!

I guess my antics from freshman year in college had me covered for a while, but this is kinda lame.
wink.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Well, I know two things:

1. What a Nyquil-induced coma is like.

and

2. What it's like to not have dates.

Mmmm'I suppose I've gotten over the second one. Especially since I had a date last weekend and the guy smelled like a rotten egg salad sammich. It was bad....but hey, celibacy is ok. It's better than being pregnant at 17 like a friend of mine is. So I s'pose that's all I had to say....oh! and z, that was so nice what you said! there, that's all I had to say.

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Hey, April, come up north just a bit! I've got some single co-workers!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Hey you should sleep with z edge!!

He makes a habit of sleeping with interferencers.

tongue.gif

Ohhh, have i got a thought to add here...but i won't, because it's too loser-y.

I agree that you should hook up with z edge. Be careful though he is becoming a Pimp.

Horrible?..... A HORRIBLE GIRL??? WTF is wrong with you? I'm going to kick your ass!! YOU ARE AWESOME AND YOU KNOW IT!!! You just need to get out there and kick some serious ass!

Don't paint men as some great unattainable conquest and yourself as someone that's unable to measure up. I think your problem is the fact that deep down inside you KNOW that there are not many men out there that deserve you, but you keep believing the opposite. So you have to wait a little bit to find the right one. So what? Why would high standards make you "pathetic"? To the contrary, it makes you someone that all of us can look to with dignity, respect and hope.

Like I always say, don't ever settle for second best just to avoid being alone. I think you are an example of someone who refuses to put up with a man that doesn't deserve you. I know many people who are extremely miserable because they are stuck in a relationship with a person that is completely wrong for them, just to avoid being alone. Think about how "horrible" that would and can be. CELEBRATE the reality that you are strong enough to NOT be in a relationship that you don't want to be in!

Enjoy your freedom to pick and choose who YOU want. Enjoy the fact that you are free to BE YOURSELF. Enjoy the time you have to decide what is best for you in the long run.

It takes a lot of courage and strength to not compromise your values and goals. Don't ever be ashamed of waiting for the right one. You really need to snap out of any lies that you're believing and accepting. Society wants to paint this picture that you have not "arrived" until you're married or found that special someone. Give me a break!!! I'm now 32 years old and have been through many relationships and heartbreaks. I wouldn't change it for anything. So I'm still single. So what? I think most people are jealous of the fact that I still have that freedom.

Let me tell you one last thing though. I've almost settled for second best on several occasions in my life. I've even been engaged twice! What I thought was going to be the best for me at the time, turned out to be the worst possible situation for me. Reason being, you never know who you're going to meet. As you get older, you start to panic. You start to think about settling. Thank God they never worked out! But now, after all these years I've found someone that has changed my entire outlook on life. She is the most incredible woman that I have ever met. The perfect fit for me. I am completely free to be myself without conditions, but let me tell ya', it came through a long road of much grief, pain and tears over the coarse of many years. My point is this. I am now having the most incredibly awesome experience of my life, but it could have never happened if I had settled or given up. She put it perfectly, " The right one is out there for you. Its just a matter of how long you have to wait."

SO BE CAREFUL!! DON'T SETTLE OR BE ASHAMED OF WAITING!!!

NOW GET OUT THERE AND KICK SOME ASS!!! YOU ARE AWESOME AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

------------------

Day and night
Why is it so
That this longing for you follows wherever I go
In the roaring traffic gloom
In the silence of my lonely room
I think of you
Night and day

*speechless*

slaney that was the most awesome post ever. there is absolutely nothing i can add because you said it all. seriously.

Back
Top Bottom