Sex before marriage....thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*ignoring*

I have one more comment to make which is, even though I think having multiple sexual partners can potentially hurt you and your spouse, I also am thankful that Im not going into marriage blindly.
That I know ummm, like...how things work :reject:
Im trying not to get too specific.
Preferences, basic knowledge etc
so that im not terrified on my wedding night thinking Im about to be tortured
So, Im a little conflicted on this one :scratch:

Being someone who doesn't care for religion, I think I've made the right choices. I love my girlfriend, she loves me. We have a fantastic relationship emotionally and physically. It's perfect and we're glad we've made the decisions we have. Nothing was there to deter us from going ahead and not waiting any longer, as neither of us have an idealist view of it. At risk of sounding like a pervert, I think sex is one of the best things in the world for a variety of reasons. There's nothing better than good sex with someone you love.

That being said, for those who wish to wait until marriage, that's awesome. Whatever makes people happy is what's important.

Last edited:
I'm not going to flame you or anything, because whatever makes you happy or feel better is your business and your business alone and I'm glad that burden was lifted.

But that seems like some awfully strange Christian philosophy... :huh:

u2bonogirl said:
*ignoring*

I have one more comment to make which is, even though I think having multiple sexual partners can potentially hurt you and your spouse, I also am thankful that Im not going into marriage blindly.
That I know ummm, like...how things work :reject:
Im trying not to get too specific.
Preferences, basic knowledge etc
so that im not terrified on my wedding night thinking Im about to be tortured
So, Im a little conflicted on this one :scratch:

However, also without going into detail, I can say for certain there is PLENTY of other things to be done/practiced/disgussed/imagined without actually having sex and I for one have no fears or reservations whatsoever regarding sex, I've just made a commitment to myself to wait...

I'm partially worried that if I do give in, I'd just become too focused on it, because I have that type of personality. And, you could say, in a strange way, that it sort of runs in my family.

For now, I suppose it is better for me to at least have the ideal of waiting until marriage.

Oh yeah, and I understand everyone is different. But I would rather share something with someone I love than with a passer by. Even I would be sharring the same thing with both, even say, like a chocolate bar, sharing it with someone who you know on a deeper level is just more appealing to me.

But at the same time, I suppose you do have to go out there and meet people in order to find the right person for you. So, while you can enjoy sharing chocolate bars, I suppose I will save the super sweet stuff for a more elite, select group of people.

edit: That's why I call it "special" :wink:

mmmm... Hershey's special dark chocolate :drool:

Last edited:
HERSHEY'S happiness unwrapped homepage (?didn't know they had one)

cdy_hersheys_special_dark_tn.jpg

But then again, for all relative purposes.......

edit]

... ah!..... I was just going to say something, give away something too good.......... Heh, I will keep this one for myself

:sexywink:

Last edited:
I'm waiting until marriage for religious reasons. I am worried though...what if I meet someone fantastic and he decides to dump me because I won't have sex with him? I know that wouldn't exactly make him "great," but I've heard stories. :(

GibsonGirl said:
I'm waiting until marriage for religious reasons. I am worried though...what if I meet someone fantastic and he decides to dump me because I won't have sex with him? I know that wouldn't exactly make him "great," but I've heard stories. :(

:up: on the waiting

For Honor said:
that makes him a loser, just so you know

exactly, anyone who would dump you because you won't have sex is a total loser.

Don't let that worry you, any guy who would do that isn't someone you want to marry.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

Hey, if he can't respect that, what WILL he respect?

If the guy disappears because of that, he's a schmuck. You're better off without him, seriously.

gibson girl, I had the same concern a while ago. Because I kept saying no to all these guys I was afraid none of them would want to be my friend or something if i turned them down.
Then I realized that if all they wanted out of me was sex then I didnt want to be around them in the first place :up:
And the first guy I ever slept with didnt pressure me into it.....which is probably why I did it :rolleyes: :sigh:

And the first guy I ever slept with didnt pressure me into it.....which is probably why I did it :rolleyes: :sigh:

Looking back, you realized you only did it because he *didn't* pressure you, right?

KhanadaRhodes said:
to each his own! :shrug:

i didn't wait, but it was the man i married so i guess it was the same anyway. if someone wants to wait though more power to them. :up:
:lmao: i found this reply of mine on the first page. it's funny how things can change in eight months. :wink:

i'm now divorced, but it had nothing to do with the fact that i didn't wait. but hey if someone wants to wait until marriage, i still say more power to them. :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lmao: i found this reply of mine on the first page. it's funny how things can change in eight months. :wink:

i'm now divorced, but it had nothing to do with the fact that i didn't wait. but hey if someone wants to wait until marriage, i still say more power to them. :up:

:hug:

wow, I didn't know this thread was that old:wink:

Back
Top Bottom