Seeing your coworker Naked is enough to give you nightmares!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lmao: well hell a hot male co-worker as my roommate would mean that "intimacy kit" that the Ritz-Carlton provided would have be used! :silent: :sexywink:

yes the kit that the ritz offers contains the following:

2 condoms
2 mints
1 ky-jelly

i for whatever reason found the mints to be the funny part. :laugh:

(Remembering the episode of Seinfeld when Jerry's girlfriend did everything naked; cleaned naked, lounged naked, cooked naked.)

If my male roommate, whom I'd never met before, ironed his clothes naked I would definately broach the subject and make it clear that 1) I wasn't gay, if that's what he was thinking, and 2) Let him know it made me uncomfortable.

If I was a complete stranger I would use the bathroom to change...I mean, come on. I've changed in front of my friends before, but only to underwear level, and even then, EVERYONE turns their backs. It's too weird otherwise. Even at the gym, I too have mastered the art of changing without getting underdressed. Tough, but it can be done.

Wow! I am blown away by how modest everyone is on here. Maybe it's because I come from a European family, I grew up seeing my parents and siblings openly naked. In the ballet changeroom, we all change and are at least partially naked at some point, same w. the gym. It's not like it's nothing we've seen before. :scratch:

Now I wouldn't say I parade around naked, but I turn my back and try to keep my towel or whatever on, but nakedness doesn't bother me at all. :shrug:

Mrs. Edge said:
Wow! I am blown away by how modest everyone is on here. Maybe it's because I come from a European family, I grew up seeing my parents and siblings openly naked. In the ballet changeroom, we all change and are at least partially naked at some point, same w. the gym. It's not like it's nothing we've seen before. :scratch:

Now I wouldn't say I parade around naked, but I turn my back and try to keep my towel or whatever on, but nakedness doesn't bother me at all. :shrug:

I agree. I'm sort've modest myself but I'm not disturbed by other's nakedness, partly because my friends have always been kind of wild and uninhibited so I got used to it. When traveling in Europe years ago, I enjoyed seeing families naked on the beach together--sometimes 3 generations. There would be big fat naked Granny playing cards with the naked kids and naked Mom & Dad. :shrug:

The naked part doesn't bother me at all...I'm rather fond of being naked :wink: Its the "naked coworker who you have never shared a room with ironing while naked" that was weird to me.

I don't have a problem with locker room naked or at home naked...even changing in front of friends naked, no problem. But I think you should at the very least have shared a room a few times before you strip down in front of a coworker :laugh:

Bono's American Wife said:
The naked part doesn't bother me at all...I'm rather fond of being naked :wink: Its the "naked coworker who you have never shared a room with ironing while naked" that was weird to me.

I would have to agree. Even though I'm not too bothered by nakedness, that's just...odd. My housemate/best friend and I don't do that and we have seen each other naked a million times and are comfortable with all that. But we don't walk around doing house chores naked.

Last edited:
Mrs. Edge said:
In the ballet changeroom, we all change and are at least partially naked at some point

Same with the theatre. Even at a highschool level, it wasn't uncommon for the stage manager (no mater what sex they were) would bust into the dressing rooms unannounced and yell out "places." While I was working backstage on a few shows i had to help some actresses undress quickly for fast costume changes. It was just something that had to be done.

But like Mrs. Edge said, I would turn my back around or look away out of curtiousy for the other person.

theatre, ballet, performing arts are different from Investment and Retirement Planning conferences. there are no stage managers yelling "places" therefore there is no need for a stranger to bounce around a small living space naked. :mad: :crack:

Justified said:
theatre, ballet, performing arts are different from Investment and Retirement Planning conferences.

:lmao: You mean there wasn't a "clothing optional" memo?

I agree with Mrs Edge--obviously few of you are European, and probably none of you Finnish. They've been known to have naked business meetings in the sauna. Not mixed meetings, though. I don't think:ohmy: My mom is Finnish and she's one of those uninhibited women who walks around naked in the change rooms. I'm a bit more inhibited, being Canadian by birth and upbringing, so it always embarrassed me slightly but not hugely. When I was little and we used to go to Finland my whole family would do the sauna thing together until we got a bit older and had to be segregated.

However, I also agree that the naked coworker ironing thing is bizarre, and I would have been--well--taken aback, at the least. I think I've never quite figured out whether I'm an inhibited North American or an uninhibited European. And now I live in Ireland and I think I've only worn my bathing suit once in a year and a half, so...

Back
Top Bottom