Scared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
About an hour ago there was an ambulance and a fire truck outside. My dad told me he'd called an ambulance and told them my mother was having a stroke. The paramedics took her out and put her in the ambulance and they drove off. Now I'm waiting for a phone call. I'm shocked and scared. Damn.:yikes: :yikes:

Just got a phone call from my niece from the ER Waiting Room. Mom's OK, she has slight paralysis on the right side of her body, which means the problem happened on the left side of the brain. She's fully cognizant (is that a word? I can't think right now) and there's no danger. Whew!:yikes: :yikes:

that's scary verte. i'm glad she's doing ok. :(

your mom is in my prayers. :hug:

Last edited:
:hug:

It's never fun seeing people in your family being rushed to hospital, it's scary. Our family seem to live in hospitals 2 weekends ago my sister was there and yesterday my Mum was in hospital and today she is back again and they may keep her in because of injuries she got in a car crash & to see if her heart has coped okay with the shock of it. :(

Hope your Mum recovers quickly verte :hug:

Yeah yesterday someone didn't stop behind her at the traffic lights and crashed into her. The back of the caris crushed and we can't open the boot (trunk?? :slant: ), it's now tiny when you look at it when you push the seats down from the inside. Considering the size the boot used to be she must have hit the car pretty hard. she went to the doctors with a bad headache and they told her her brain was bruised, gave her an ECG and sent her home but this morning her wrists, arms, neck and back are still sore and her vision is blurred and she can't stand any noise. So my Dad took her to the Dr and then they sent her to the hospital. I feel sorry for her, she was in the hospital just before christmas and she can't stand the places, she becomes a real grump and keeps asking the doctors when she is allowed home.

it must be the season for poorly mums. My mum had an operation the other day to remove a massive cyst from the end of her thumb. Then yesterday she got up to go to the loo in the night, tripped and bashed her foot on the door, causing her to fall and hurt her (already bad) back. Her foot is black and blue, she can barely walk cos her back is so painful, and now she says that her kidneys are in agony since she fell :| As well as not having the use of her right hand as a result of her thumb op.

:hug: to verte and lara's mums too :hug:

bammo2 said:
it must be the season for poorly mums. My mum had an operation the other day to remove a massive cyst from the end of her thumb. Then yesterday she got up to go to the loo in the night, tripped and bashed her foot on the door, causing her to fall and hurt her (already bad) back. Her foot is black and blue, she can barely walk cos her back is so painful, and now she says that her kidneys are in agony since she fell :| As well as not having the use of her right hand as a result of her thumb op.

:hug: to verte and lara's mums too :hug:

I hope your Mum is ok Lu, I haven't seen you online today :hug:

You too Verte :hug:

:)

Back
Top Bottom