Same Shit Different Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
After reading the board today.... six threads made me
wuerg007.gif

eight threads made me :tsk: :banghead: :mad:

Only one thread made me :laugh:

______
:| I know, I know, don't let the door hit me on the ass on the way out

Allow me to vent here

DrTeeth said:
Which ones?

Take your pick.....

I'm sorry I just need to vent a little here.....I'm generally getting more and more annoyed with a lot of the things I'm seeing here.... which is basically stupid for me to get annoyed because it's just a message board.....but I think it's the way people are treating each other around here....

You go into EYKIW and you're a bad fan for not liking everything, and you're a bad fan for liking everything.

FYM, while it has fewer fights has become somehow more sterile. It's like 1984, there is this heavy feeling when you go in there. It's like "Big Brother" is watching and people are afraid to say anything that might deviate from the "norm". Some people have even stopped talking to me after I posted my opinion, which differed from theirs. Which in my opinion is stupid and childish, but I digress.

But I am willing to bet that people are going to "flame" me after seeing this, but oh well....I just had to get some things off my chest.

Re: Allow me to vent here

daisybean said:

Some people have even stopped talking to me after I posted my opinion, which differed from theirs. Which in my opinion is stupid and childish, but I digress.

Anyone who would stop talking to you because you expressed your opinion wouldn't really be someone you would want to talk to anyway, right? Two people can disagree, even harshly, and still walk away friends or at least it should be that way.

Take a break if you need it, get some perspective. Don't let a message board ruin your day Daisy.

:hug:

FYM ain't far behind either Sicy....what am I saying, it is usually infront in the arse stakes. I reckon its an ego prob. But then, I probably piss more people off than not....
FYM will never win. EYKIW is just like the proverbial fart in a shower these days. The stink just keeps on repeating.
Ahh feck it.

:grumpy:

:hug: Charlene, you're right, I guess I just needed to take a step back and look at this place in the grand scheme of things....which, yes, it is ridiculous to be bothered by the "politics" of the board. That things are only going to get to me if I let them.....

Okay so no more whining from me :)

Thanks everyone for putting up with me :wave: :heart: :hug:

Aw, Daisy sweety! :hug: I think you just need a break!! Believe me I have felt that way too... early this year I took a 2 month break from this place! Sometimes you just need to get away.... or don't take too much of it in! ;) Small dosages!! :D

Anywho, I think your a great interferencer and that's that cause I and Eddie say so! :yes:

BTW- I always thought your name was Daisy until I asked yah a while back! LOL

daisybean said:

FYM, while it has fewer fights has become somehow more sterile. It's like 1984, there is this heavy feeling when you go in there. It's like "Big Brother" is watching and people are afraid to say anything that might deviate from the "norm". Some people have even stopped talking to me after I posted my opinion, which differed from theirs. Which in my opinion is stupid and childish, but I digress.

Everything is 1984. :hug: :crazy: :hug:

Look, I am one to definitely start shit in FYM at least, but I have to say this:

I do not value everyone's opinion here because I think some people are just full of shit, I DO however value the fact that everyone here can state their opinion.

There has been a lot of negativity here and that is why I usually hang out at the Lemonade Stand - primarily to laugh.
you have to remember this:

When U2 releases a record, goes on tour, does anything, the posts here generally become positive, excited and relevant. When the band is simply busy (ie now) people tend to write about what is going on in the world and right now there is a lot of fucked up shit going on in the world.

I still think this is a great place, I still think great people post here, and I just want to keep your head up.

I have to say this Daisy, I think your avatar is very pretty, but your other one always made me smile whenever I saw it...

it's a public meeting place, based on the premise we all admire U2

hey daisy,
I hope you see your way through. I know exactly what you mean. Some of the threads can be downright disappointing to me at times. But I get the opportuntiy to have my say, so I have to accept that others do that too.
It is often a surprise to me how some people can say the things they do and still love U2, but that's just another mystery I have to accept.
i don't know sweetheart, the world has so much potential for beauty and love, I do not understand where the cruelty comes from either.
You just have to stand up straight, get some thick thick skin, let the bang and clatter pass around you and tune into the true music. It's here too.

Thats just my humble opinion...i'm off to read the paper and do some reacting.:sexywink: :wave:

daisybean said:

Take your pick.....

I'm sorry I just need to vent a little here.....I'm generally getting more and more annoyed with a lot of the things I'm seeing here.... which is basically stupid for me to get annoyed because it's just a message board.....but I think it's the way people are treating each other around here....

You go into EYKIW and you're a bad fan for not liking everything, and you're a bad fan for liking everything.

But I am willing to bet that people are going to "flame" me after seeing this, but oh well....I just had to get some things off my chest.

I am reading 1984!!!!!!!!! I am loving it!!!!! :wave:

daisybean said:

It's like "Big Brother" is watching and people are afraid to say anything that might deviate from the "norm". Some people have even stopped talking to me after I posted my opinion, which differed from theirs. Which in my opinion is stupid and childish, but I digress.

That's exactly how I feel on PLEBA and you and some of your gang have done exactly those things to me and probably other girls too. It's no fun being tongue lashed or having your threads and posts ignored because of expressing an unpopular opinion, is it? I hope now that the shoe has been on the other foot you will realize how it feels and not be so quick to do the same things to others. In your own words, it is stupid and childish, not to mention petty and unkind. Please consider that. The door swings both ways, and not everyone is going to agree with Daisy and you won't always have 6 or 7 cronies at your back telling you how right you are. Think about it please.

Tabby said:

That's exactly how I feel on PLEBA and you and some of your gang have done exactly those things to me and probably other girls too. It's no fun being tongue lashed or having your threads and posts ignored because of expressing an unpopular opinion, is it? I hope now that the shoe has been on the other foot you will realize how it feels and not be so quick to do the same things to others. In your own words, it is stupid and childish, not to mention petty and unkind. Please consider that. The door swings both ways, and not everyone is going to agree with Daisy and you won't always have 6 or 7 cronies at your back telling you how right you are. Think about it please.

Excuse me, I have not been in PLEBA in quite a few weeks...so if you are bringing up something from about a month ago, which I vaguely remember...get over it. And yes, the door does swing both ways....and as a matter of fact, I am glad that not everyone agrees with me, it'd be a pretty dull world if they did. I can handle someone disagreeing with me....I am just displeased that someone who I used to call friend has decided that because of my differing opinion, I am somehow beneath that person's standards. I have no problem having what you call an "unpopular" opinion.....and I have no problem if everyone on the board flamed me for it....however, I'm not going to hold some grudge over a silly arguement for weeks or months.
And if you think my post was some sort of pity plea, and you've made a point of coming in here to say "haha no pity for you," you can get over that too. I was basically venting....have you ever been to FYM? If you have then you might have a better understanding of what I was talking about. Lastly, Perhaps you would no be so "flamed" on by others if you chose you're words differently and took a less antagonist approach toward people. If I recall correctly, you made a point to follow a certain member from thread to thread and responded to her in a negative manner on that one subject, which not only made her, but other members angry.

Originally posted by daisybean in the "So, I'm clearly worthless and unhappy" thread
You have no idea how much this thread cheered me up.

I'm glad I made you happy (although I don't really see how this thread made your day.) Still glad to help :)

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

(although I don't really see how this thread made your day.)

Because I was getting pissed and depressed about not having a boyfriend. Feeling that whole...life has no meaning unless you have someone that loves you. after reading your thread, I remembered that I have a lot of good things in my life that I took for granted...and I don't need a boyfriend to have those things.

Back
Top Bottom