Sad Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
So......I am sitting at my kids school play today when I feel a hand on my shoulder. So i turn round, and here is a friend standing. He proceeds to ask me if I had heard what happened to Neil (our friend from college 10 yrs ago) So, expecting to hear he maybe had an accident, Ross proceeds to tell me that Neil had an asthma attack about 3 weeks ago and had died.
The bottom line is....i feel devestated by the news. I last spoke to Neil what must have been a matter of days before his death.
I didnt even get the chance to go to his funeral (as i didnt know what had happened). And that got me thinking. I was used to seeing Neil sitting in his taxi, on the taxi rank, reading his Newspapaer during a quiet spell. Thing is...If i hadnt had this chance meeting with Ross today....I might have gone thro the rest of my life not knowing that poor Neil had died. How sad is that?
I have had ppl close to me die before, and had freinds die too. But i am really struggling to come to terms with this news. I just cant get poor Neil out of my head. Apparently, he had a bad Asthma attack at home, so his Girlfriend put him in the car to drive him to hospital, but he didnt make it.
I just dont know why this has hit me SO hard. I am gutted by this news. He was a real stand up guy, and i never heard him say a bad thing about anyone. FUCK...this is so difficult....I am actually welling up as i type this. Why is life so unfair?:sad::sad::sad::depressed::depressed:

R.I.P Neil

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope it helps, in some small way, that you have friends who sympathise and empathise. Hang in there, gman; I think Neil knows how you feel. :hug:

that's awful

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend :hug:

I'm sorry you are hurting so badly over this

I know you didn't get a chance to say goodbye at his funeral, so maybe, if you are able, you could just pay your respects quietly at his grave or if not, in your own small way - he will hear you :hug:

Thank you peeps for your kind messages of support. A down side of living alone is having nobody to offload things like this on...so i guess i was using this site to see if it eased the upset i was feeling. And it did. So thanks again folks!:hug:

:hug:

Did you know any of your friend's family or friends? Perhaps you can contact them and try and help each other deal with his death, or perhaps just talk, celebrate his life and such? Maybe send a note to the family? I don't know... just a thought that came into my head. So sorry for your loss :hug:

So......I am sitting at my kids school play today when I feel a hand on my shoulder. So i turn round, and here is a friend standing. He proceeds to ask me if I had heard what happened to Neil (our friend from college 10 yrs ago) So, expecting to hear he maybe had an accident, Ross proceeds to tell me that Neil had an asthma attack about 3 weeks ago and had died.
The bottom line is....i feel devestated by the news. I last spoke to Neil what must have been a matter of days before his death.
I didnt even get the chance to go to his funeral (as i didnt know what had happened). And that got me thinking. I was used to seeing Neil sitting in his taxi, on the taxi rank, reading his Newspapaer during a quiet spell. Thing is...If i hadnt had this chance meeting with Ross today....I might have gone thro the rest of my life not knowing that poor Neil had died. How sad is that?
I have had ppl close to me die before, and had freinds die too. But i am really struggling to come to terms with this news. I just cant get poor Neil out of my head. Apparently, he had a bad Asthma attack at home, so his Girlfriend put him in the car to drive him to hospital, but he didnt make it.
I just dont know why this has hit me SO hard. I am gutted by this news. He was a real stand up guy, and i never heard him say a bad thing about anyone. FUCK...this is so difficult....I am actually welling up as i type this. Why is life so unfair?:sad::sad::sad::depressed::depressed:

R.I.P Neil

I can relate because on March 15th, a good friend of mine died of a heart attack (she was 40-ish) and the part which really stinks is she'd always go out of her way for others.
((HUGS))

:sad::sad::hug::hug:

sorry to hear honey.

bit like way last year I learnt news about a girl I remember from High School, possibly a year or two up or down from my year (cannot remember), but she was big into minding kids, she was always great with them, always, I used to see her with them cause she lived nearby - but we had heard that she collapsed and died due to a blood clot she had in her leg, which came about from a long flight.

:|

Back
Top Bottom