Restart and Reboot Myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The world of photography is fun but can be stressful and jealousy can arrives and emotions run rampat. I am a photographer, have been for the a little over five years.

Sitting here are work. I realize lately I have been shit when it comes to photographs. I have been shooting simple shots, I wan't to take more complicated shots. Recent work that I submited and had critiqued really brought me down. Am I loosing it? I hope not. I am to infatuated with making money off my pictures, I left the love of the art behind some where and I need to go back and pick up my friend and create beauty, mystery, sensuality, drama, comedy, fear. I need my life blood back.

Wanting money and fame has detracted me. Being a member of a photography forum made me realize that I may have lost some of me and seeing those people create art has awakened me.

I need to Restart my thinking machine and reboot my eyes, my heart, my mind.

See some of the world ( if you have the money ). Become inspired again.

I just came back from a month long trip to Ecuador and Guatemala. But even on that trip I was lost. And I need to think about the art. I was only thinking about the book I wan't to publish, hopefully, the money and fame(well attention) and I lost all thought about the art, I had told myself not to but I broke my own rule.

I would sit back and let it happen. Maybe the money is part if it like you say? I don't know, but I don't think I've ever accepted money for photographs. I don't ever want it to become an obligation, and most of the things I photograph I would have anyway (like the dog shows I do, weddings, people's babies and pets). I find that when I'm on some kind of "assignment" or I go looking for shots, I get nothing at all or a bunch of shit. But the shots that just sort of happen are always my favorites (like one time the sky was a cool color, and then I saw this random red balloon floating into the sky so I ran in and got my camera).

Back
Top Bottom