Religion is a club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i respect it. i choose not to take part in any form of it. there are certain people who have and will continue to a, how shall we say, overcommitment to it.

btw, why not post this in the goal is soul and explain yoself?

I have no respect for PLEBANS.

icon38.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
actually, unless it's directly related to U2 and religion, best NOT post it there. Free Your Mind might be a better place.

oh really? i misread everything else then. i assumed it was for religous matters.

thanks for clearing that up sula!

I think sula was trying to clarify the point- they wanna keep Goal Is Soul free of the trench warfare you see in FYM...and this thread would surely become a bit of trench warfare if some of the Goal Is soul regulars read it.

Originally posted by brettig:
I think sula was trying to clarify the point- they wanna keep Goal Is Soul free of the trench warfare you see in FYM

yeah i know! that's what i thought i said
smile.gif

didn't i say that?

Originally posted by brettig:
i dont know, but say something about golf, cos i like it too
biggrin.gif

Tiger Woods rocks so baaaaad, man.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

bwahahaha. brettig is gonna kill me now.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Tiger Woods rocks so baaaaad, man.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

bwahahaha. brettig is gonna kill me now.

tiger didn't rock so well yesterday, link. but as you can read a lot of people bombed out. first time a # has been beaten by a # 64 at the worlds tho
wink.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:
tiger didn't rock so well yesterday, link. but as you can read a lot of people bombed out. first time a # has been beaten by a # 64 at the worlds tho
wink.gif

to an aussie!!!! muahahahaha

kobe drop me an email sometime (brettig@tpg.com.au), wouldnt mind talking over the game with someone who knows which way the ball goes when they hit it hehe

yes sula i am gonna kill ya
biggrin.gif

It is easy to knock religion, and, like everything, it certainly shouldn't be above criticism. I consider myself a fairly devout, but liberal Catholic, and I criticize the hell out of the Vatican and the Pope. Religion is just like the rest of life: some people get it; some people think they've got it, but are all wrong; some people use it as a power trip, etc. I guess we'd like to believe that religion, of all things, would be above, essentially, our own humanity. However, if you read the Bible or the Koran or anything, all of it is filled with everything that makes us human: love, compassion, forgiveness, and faith...along with hate, judgmentalism, revenge, and legalism. You can't let people dictate what is "right" to you to the letter, because that is where you leave religion open to power-tripped fanatics. However, to completely deny the wisdom within religion would be disastrous as well. That is where conscience comes in.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Back
Top Bottom