rebounding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Sicy:
Boo.

I hope she wasnt a redhead.

Nope, not this one
frown.gif

Originally posted by foray:
I wonder how women recognise if it's a rebound or not. Surely even a rebound guy must mean something to them? ....

foray

I can only hope 4A! I met her less than a month after she divorced an alcoholic. She needs recovery time too! I can only hope...

If she is smart enough to divorce an alcoholic, she may be smart enough to see what's in front of her
smile.gif
... And even if things don't go the way you expect, I hope she is considerate enough towards you.

foray

People are bein' real jack asses lately when it comes to relationships (no, I'm not talking about my sweetie either...he's one of the only decent people left in my life).

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

I hate women! Yet I love them!

BLARGH

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

Guys can do that to girls too. I wasn't directly told so, but I was definitely the rebound for the only guy I've ever actually gone out with. He actually got back together with his loser girlfriend, after he told me that he was breaking up with me because he felt he was still on the rebound from the loser girlfriend. How much does that suck?

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Guys can do that to girls too. I wasn't directly told so, but I was definitely the rebound for the only guy I've ever actually gone out with. He actually got back together with his loser girlfriend, after he told me that he was breaking up with me because he felt he was still on the rebound from the loser girlfriend. How much does that suck?

Situations like that are frustrating and difficult for both sides, I'm sure, especially since "rebounds" are supposed to be the ones that get people back onto their feet and moving on, not moving back to the people that knocked them to the ground in the first place.

------------------
This topic still makes me uneasy...

Originally posted by Diemen:
Situations like that are frustrating and difficult for both sides, I'm sure, especially since "rebounds" are supposed to be the ones that get people back onto their feet and moving on, not moving back to the people that knocked them to the ground in the first place.

Fortunately I didn't get hurt, we hadn't been together that long and I don't think there was a deep connection happening. It was actually just quite insulting from my perspective, I thought. I was all concerned for him at the time, and then this happened and I was like "Whaaaaaaaa...?"

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Well, zone...you know if you ever need someone to listen or to just chill with...I'm here for ya, buddy.

-sula

"If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you're asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to recieve positive responses, then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and for get about the rejections." -- Radiohead

Originally posted by foray:
"If you have been rejected many times in your life, then one more rejection then one more rejection isn't going to make much difference. If you're rejected, don't automatically assume it's your fault. The other person may have several reasons for not doing what you're asking her to do: none of it may have anything to do with you. Perhaps the person is busy or not feeling well or genuinely not interested in spending time with you. Rejections are part of everyday life. Don't let them bother you. Keep reaching out to others. Keep reaching out to others. When you begin to recieve positive responses, then you are on the right track. It's all a matter of numbers. Count the positive responses and for get about the rejections." -- Radiohead

Fortunately, I've never been anyone's rebound, but I know it would be a tough thing to deal with emotionally.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom