[rant]This really annoys me[/rant]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
And that thing is:

People who can't laugh at themselves. If you're so uptight about yourself that you can't take a simple, innocent, light-hearted joke, then you might as well stay single the rest of your life, cause 1) If you can't laugh at yourself, then sex is going to be a traumatic experience
wink.gif
, 2) you're never going to find anyone because every couple makes light hearted jokes about each other now and then, 3) No one wants to be around someone who takes themselves so seriously that any joke is grounds for an argument.

Apart from the single thing, I really hate people who can't laugh at themselves over a joke made by strangers on the internet. I mean, for crying out loud, these people have never met you, and you're going to take offense at a little joke? Get a life!

------------------
Gee, I wonder who sparked this tirade...
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-03-2001).]

I agree-if you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well hang it up.

As long as someone isn't being intentionally cruel to you, you just have to laugh.

I wonder who sparked this tirade too-but I just try to steer clear of that stuff on 'that' board!

I totally agree Diemen and I am the first to make fun of my own stupidness, ugliness, dimwitidness,obsession with U2, my impatience, my procrastination, the fact that i have one foot bigger than the other,inability to get off the computer...

ok u get the drift

but can i say one thing? Lately im a little scared to voice my views around here but anyway...

i just think that the person in question is probably fed up with being the subject of conversations. Im sure she'd quite often come into a thread and her name has been mentioned. Anyone whos been reading her posts long enough would know that she doesnt always 'get' others' sense of humour.
I think if she does get upset at something like that is because she didnt get it and we shouldn't get so wound up at her. She probably feels as though everyone is always talking about her and if that were me Id probably get on the defensive too.

but yes I do agree, this place gets FAR too serious and one of these days someone is gonna wind up in an emergency room with their arm exploding due to Interland Stress!

p.s. sorry bout the nudey pic remark hehe

Originally posted by Diemen:
I mean, for crying out loud, these people have never met you, and you're going to take offense at a little joke? Get a life!
I agree
but why do you care so much how someone you have never met reacts on somethings on the internet that it even annoys you?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Jesus Diemen, nobody cares!!!!!!!

wink.gif

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

I agree with you Diemen. And I agree with Manda. Just one point I wanna mention, the person in question is quite possibly one of those people who needs a sense of resolve to all discussions. I have been here a while, well, long enough to know how some folks write. And I think she is just one of those people who wont let something drop until she feels its all been said. Thats of course fine with everyone here. But Ive also seen people take this to the extreme and push until there is a fight. This doesnt include a newly opped person. I think the girlie in quetion here seems to get a lot of shit back that wasnt put there in the 1st place. Yes, im talking about SG. She doesnt really do anything to offend her (u2girl), but it seems to get misconstrued. This cuts both ways. Perhaps we are all guilty in some way, whether we voice it or not you know? Patience is sorely lacking around here, plus the fact that what we see as jokes may very well interpret to something quite bland or anal or downright rude in Slovenian. We dont know unless we speak the language. We all forget the language barriers around here sometimes. Its so sad that a couple of people have been singled out for it. No one is to blame, we just need to take a step back and let it slide.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
ARE YOU SAYING I'M UPTIGHT?!?!

ME!?

Well forget you man!

LMAO.

And Salome - point taken. I suppose I just get tired of seeing big arguments made out of the silliest little things, and needed to vent. I could've said this in the actual thread that sparked it, but decided not to prolong the argument past it's infancy if I can help it.

Back
Top Bottom