Random Facts and Confessions part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nest of baby spiders hatched in my office today and I smashed them. I'm very scared of spiders. I know, I know - really bad karma. But I just couldn't hang with 100+baby spiders in my office. I'd have nightmares every night.

eta: Holy crap. I just found more. :yikes:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:!!

We had a lot of spiders popping up around the house the last few weeks, and they jumped about. Can spiders jump? It looked like these ones could anyway. They popped up everywhere. One or two a day - that was enough to drive me bonkers. It's made me keep the house really tidy so they can't hide anywhere. We've had two HUGE spiders appear in this house. The first time I saw one, I wasn't wearing my glasses and thought there was a mouse crawling near the television. That's how big it was. :huh:

:down: Have you heard from your insurance company? Hopefully it is cheap to fix, if they don't cover.
Nope, I'll leave that to my parents as it was their car. :uhoh: Though I'm going to pay if we have to.
Well the own risk is up to 150 euros, so if it's less I'm going to have to pay.

A nest of baby spiders hatched in my office today and I smashed them. I'm very scared of spiders. I know, I know - really bad karma. But I just couldn't hang with 100+baby spiders in my office. I'd have nightmares every night.

eta: Holy crap. I just found more. :yikes:

:yikes: You had a NEST there?

How does that even look? :reject: I've never seen spiders being born(No bad Fez puns please).

I think this is quite justified, I mean, spiders don't belong in an office right?

We had a lot of spiders popping up around the house the last few weeks, and they jumped about. Can spiders jump? It looked like these ones could anyway. They popped up everywhere. One or two a day - that was enough to drive me bonkers. It's made me keep the house really tidy so they can't hide anywhere. We've had two HUGE spiders appear in this house. The first time I saw one, I wasn't wearing my glasses and thought there was a mouse crawling near the television. That's how big it was. :huh:

since when did europe get massive spiders????
:sad:

How does that even look? :reject: I've never seen spiders being born(No bad Fez puns please).

I think this is quite justified, I mean, spiders don't belong in an office right?

Right and Wrong, they will seek out any enviroment that is cool, dark and has moisture. Much like roaches, rats and other insects/rodents.
This is a matter of bad exterminators or building maint.
and too much rain or lack there of. I know this because I live in a hot/humid part of the country.
I have a really good extermination company, but spiders still sneak in.
Those pesky devils. I hate them *shivers*

jumping spiders :no: We get those here too. The desert is the WORST place to live if you don't like creepy crawlies - that or the rainforest, I suppose.

I didn't actually see the nest but I saw the huge spider and its huge web that was created while I was out for the summer. Then yesterday there were, all of a sudden, about 200 little teeny tiny baby spiders all over my desk - just like in Charlotte's Web - only there was nothing cute or touching about it!!!

Right and Wrong, they will seek out any enviroment that is cool, dark and has moisture. Much like roaches, rats and other insects/rodents.
This is a matter of bad exterminators or building maint.
and too much rain or lack there of. I know this because I live in a hot/humid part of the country.
I have a really good extermination company, but spiders still sneak in.
Those pesky devils. I hate them *shivers*

Yes, my office was cool and dark all summer, with no maintanance.

We've got an exterminator service that comes to the house every 3 months because we've had spiders, ants and scorpions. But my work doesn't really do anything about the spiders and roaches that accumulate over the summer when the building is practically empty.

I just worked out hard, but then on the way home this happened :reject:

Sundae.jpg

I hate when that happens :drool:

Maybe youse would think these spiders are nothing but the spiders here are definitely worse than from where I come from :D

You said it was the size of a mouse! That's plenty huge enough!

My sister has had an ongoing saga with a huntsman that has moved into her car. She drives a ute for work, so only gets the Astra out on weekends, and a few weeks ago nearly had a heart attack when a huge huntsman ran across her windscreen. Usually she's not too bothered with spiders (her thing is snakes), but this one caught her by surprise and, is frankly fucking huge. So it disappeared and they all figured it had taken off as it was not seen again until today. She had the windows down and there it appeared, next to her arm which was resting along the door. It ran down the side shield and scooted along tward her arm. She began freaking out but had to maintain it so she'd not crash. It then somehow got back up to the top of the window and she tried closing the window so it would be trapped on the outside at least. No such luck. The moving window forced it back in, where it ran down past her and hid SOMEWHERE in the door frame. She had to do a commando roll out of the car by the time she finally reached home.

I'm traumatised and I've never even seen the fucking thing. She estimates it's the size of a man's palm.
:sad:

And today's confession is that I'm counting down til November when I can spend another $258 on my pest man to come out and assure me of no huntsmans for 12 months. I'm so, so damn scared of them. The Uni of Tas has an online course which is receiving much applause, but it uses exposure therapy. I just don't know if I can handle it again. I did a phobia course once. Not sure if I have the balls to go through it again.

funny, i'm counting down to november too! :D though for different reasons.

and i completely understand how you feel. i know exposure therapy is the best way to deal with phobias, but i'm just not sure if i could ever do that. i could try for my fear of heights/falling (falling is more the issue than the heights really), but not for spiders. no way. i went into my bathroom yesterday to brush my teeth and saw a decent sized one in my sink. scared the shit out of me! i ran out of the room to catch my mom and squeaked for her to come in the bathroom to kill it. :reject:

:hug:

I think this might be part confession, but my phobis is so bad that when we were househunting I flatly refused for us to buy this one house which was absolutely perfect simply because there was a dead huntsman in the back door frame. The agent thought I was crazy, which only pissed me off even more. I tell you, it was a sign. I didn't care that the carpet in this place smelled like cat wee (it was a reno house). I cared that there was a great big fucking spider squashed in the jamb. There be bad joojoo in that house!
:tsk:

Confession 2: I'm having KFC for dinner. And it's going to be upsized. :drool: I'm craving oil bad.
:lol: :reject:

Confession 3: And there's smoke blowing through the back reserve right now, and my first thought is, "oh, shit, the washing will stink now!" instead of, "fuck.. I hope it's not a house"
:reject:

:giggle: Not my confession, but after searching the house for a week my mom finally found her keys again. We searched everywhere, clothes, laundry, discarded papers, all coats and jackets, bags, everything ! Concluded my mom got inside with them so they had to be in the house.... but where?

This morning, she started searching places that would probably not hold them, and oh yea. She was moving her bathrobe, and it was tingling. :giggle: Keys found!

I think this might be part confession, but my phobis is so bad that when we were househunting I flatly refused for us to buy this one house which was absolutely perfect simply because there was a dead huntsman in the back door frame. The agent thought I was crazy, which only pissed me off even more. I tell you, it was a sign. I didn't care that the carpet in this place smelled like cat wee (it was a reno house). I cared that there was a great big fucking spider squashed in the jamb. There be bad joojoo in that house!
:tsk:
oh, i understand. i'm really bad with my phobia. i don't even like saying (or typing) the word spider. if i see one, be it live or a photo, i usually end up getting so freaked out that when i sleep that night, i see them when i close my eyes. :grumpy: as i'm sure most phobias go, it's gotten worse for me over the years. but i guess it's always been there at least a little as the only recurring nightmare i've had since i was little (i mean little, like at least six) involves spiders.

oh and regarding your confession #2 which i was too lazy to quote :reject: i so wish i could have some kfc dinner right now! i don't even so much want the chicken as the fries. oh i miss those fries. that seasoning is addictive. my last night in nz, i made ian drive to burger king so i could get a burger and then to kfc for fries. :reject:

Im so bloody antisocial, people are just not worthy of my time. Students are a bunch of feckless cretins.

not mine personally, no, but i think it's representative of all cats and their ability to maul magpies :D

(just to get you up to speed, geelong cats, my footy team smashed the collingwood magpies last night and are in to the grand final)

does this make me a facebook addict people?

Statistiky Daniel
I have overally written 200 statuses, my daily average is 0.81 and the first status I have ever written was 246 days ago. My most frequest used word is just and I used it 16 times

one random status of mine: not sure when rugby introduced AFL umpires, but looks like 4 straight for the maroons

not mine personally, no, but i think it's representative of all cats and their ability to maul magpies :D

(just to get you up to speed, geelong cats, my footy team smashed the collingwood magpies last night and are in to the grand final)

:lol: I see.

It's quite nice to see a cat beat one of those annoying birds. They always taunt my poor kitty. And make LOADS of noise when you're trying to sleep in the morning. :crack: :hate:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom