Random Facts and Confessions part 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what shits me though. every always talks about a bygone era, but it rings true in some ways. who, really, gives a fuck what they're doing on the wrapper. as long as there isn't a picture of a banana sucking off a strawberry. why do people complain. these women's groups and family groups and church groups who are always outraged must do very little with their time.
god, i know. it's like the people who comb through disney movies to see if there's anything sexual in them. if you're so offended by this stuff why are you looking so obsessively?

So I've been busy looking for work and sending out resumes left and right and, up until now, have only heard back from one prospective employer.

I went in for that particular interview, maintained composure, and answered her questions fairly gracefully and with confidence. To my dismay and contrary to what I was led to believe by the interviewer, I didn't hear back from her regarding a second interview. :|

Then, this past week--fed up and feeling somewhat desperate--I opened up the classifieds and came across a suitable opportunity. I called the number listed, talked with the supervisor, and somehow managed to score an interview for the following day. That easy.

I went in for my interview the other day, rather nervous and out-of-sorts. My communication skills proved sub-par (by my standards), whereby I actually minced my words and drew blanks from time-to-time. It just wasn't fluid. All-in-all, I felt quite crappy about how I expressed myself--my nervousness definitely got the best of me.

Well, lo and behold, I just heard back from this last interviewer. She asked me to return for a second interview.

While I'm certainly grateful that I'm being asked to return for a subsequent interview, I'm also extremely confounded. Both places of work being similar in terms of operation and work culture, I would've bet anything that I would've heard back from the former employer, and not the latest one.

I guess it all seems rather arbitrary to me, and, to an extent, I'm sure the whole employment selection process is in reality. :scratch:

Anyway, wish me luck on getting the job ... 'cause, apparently, that's all it really comes down to. :p:wink:

Good luck! :up:

:lol: hopefully i won't be reporting on those stories.

this is what shits me though. every always talks about a bygone era, but it rings true in some ways. who, really, gives a fuck what they're doing on the wrapper. as long as there isn't a picture of a banana sucking off a strawberry. why do people complain. these women's groups and family groups and church groups who are always outraged must do very little with their time.

:up:

I can't believe that story is true.

"I demanded to see the shop manager and, during a heated exchange, my wife became quite distressed and had to sit down in the car park," Mr Simpkins said.

:lol: / :huh:

I'm addicted to the X-Files :drool:
Just got the full series boxset, and I watch 2 to 4 episodes a night! Just started season 2 :hyper:

Introduced one circle of friends to another last night, when two worlds collide lmao.
It was a great relief really, people were beginning to think i made this person up

I am sitting here in the pitch black, as I can't have my windows open and lights on without attracting every bloody insect in london. Oven room :down:

Ive always been a winter months type of fan, love it when the dark nights draw in early and you can go snuggle in bed.

i'm having facebook withdrawal :crack: i was trying to download season 3 of the office, and now our net's crawling... this place works but facebook does not. not coping :lol: this is a new low.

I miss the summer already. I find the winter pretty depressing sometimes. I don't like the dark!
The weather really new that september began because 31 August was a great sunny day and the first September it started raining.

factoid - my tip is getting wider/fatter - OMG!

fuk!

also, I hate this weather now, rain rain rain.

factoid - my mate and I are planning to get drunk to try something .

haha

I do not understand ANY of this... your tip of WHAT? SOMEthing?

^ :yuck: that is sucky . . . get yourself some muslin to tape over the window frame :)

nor do I understand this response. Are you referring to blocking out the rain?

I'm so confused :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom