Random Facts and Confessions: Part 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much prefer a soft drink than alcohol. The only drink I really like is Baileys and I only have a glass of that once every couple of months.

Funny how most non Dutch people (except for the Belgians) really dig Heineken, because most people I know hate it. They say it gives you a headache. I think Heineken's quite alright, but only draft and ice cold. And the brewery throws big embassy parties when you're abroad!:hyper:

If you want to try a good Dutch beer, try Brand or Hertog Jan. Dommelsch and Bavaria are also very good!

It's too bad that I love all kinds of alcoholic drinks, but I have to watch out when I drink certain kinds of hard liquor. Just after 2 Bacardi's or wodka's I can get respirational problems!

Well yeah, I figured I could probably get it from overseas, but the main reason I liked it is because you could find cheap slabs of it at most Aussie drive-in bottleshops, we're talking $36 here, great deal for any non-light beer. But maybe for old time's sake, I'll order a carton sometime. Weird I can't find it anymore, since it's been around forever. I didn't think it'd just drop off like that.

Now I want to buy this!: Tuborg Gold Horn Drinking Glass / Stein Carling Brewery - eBay (item 190327926991 end time Aug-18-09 16:29:00 PDT)

That sucks! I hope you find it, have you gotten as desperate as ringing them, etc? Never tried Coopers, might have to be the next slab there.

I kind of assumed the ol' swine flu was following the same path as SARS and bird flu ...

Yeah, try Coopers pale and sparkling ales, I've a feeling you'd like them. I don't know if they're heaps easy to find in Vic, but you could always drive across the border, you'd be flooded with them then. ;)

As for the 'flu - yeah, I think I was just overreacting.

^i thought you were located overseas? my bad.

Well, I live in Australia, but I recall that Independent Breweries in the eastern state of No Spoken Words brewed Tuborg under licence locally, so it's quite likely that they just botched that up sometime within the last two years. I remember the Danish stuff tasting marginally better, anyway. Hopefully I can find it again.

wow! from this:

to this:

in three minutes? you must be a real lightweight! :giggle:

Yeah, I remember that I wanted to post the Alan Parsons message earlier that evening, but I left. When I came home from the pub I thought I should post it anyway.
For some reasons it was terribly, terribly hard to type in correct English. :hmm:

Clearly I decided, after all the efford I made to make the Alan Parsons message 'readable', to post a quick message here as well...

Must be something Belgian I drank...

Thursday's going to be the most frightening day of my life. Oh god, oh god, oh god!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom