Random facts and confessions: Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. it's a funny day when a geelong resident doesn't like geelong. hahahahaha.

2. meant no harm by the ireland comments. the irish people i know are all really genuinely nice, but i just thought the place was sad, as in glum.

3. someone close to me is not well, it seems. i'm not sure what to do about it.

4. i really fucking hate people who park in disabled spots. i also hate the number of disabled spots there are for the number who obviously require them. as in, way more spots than folks with permits. which leads me to my next gripe: people who fucking take the parents with prams spots. YOU ALL SHIT ME! get a fucking child before you take my damn spot, or better yet, take one of mine for a while! fuckers.
:angry:

merry christmas.
:wink:

also:
5. i should be working hard. i am not.
:uhoh:

6. i arsed my way through this drivel of a unit just recently and i have no idea how. seriously, i had to have fucked up the exam, but i passed. passed ok in the end. i didn't deserve it. there were people who worked really hard and i think failed. and i arsed my way through.

7. i have had about 5 cans of pepsi max today. i may open my 6th soon.
:tsk:

elaborate on 'kind of'.

Well, it looks worse than it really is. The lights on the passengers side look utterly trashed, and some vacuum related thing is dragging from the bottom, and you can sort of see inside the bonnet from some directions. But actually, none of the globes were busted. Those lights are real troopers.
cryingeagle.gif

I don't think I'm hurt, but now that I think about it, my neck has a sort of irritating ache.

which leads me to my next gripe: people who fucking take the parents with prams spots. YOU ALL SHIT ME! get a fucking child before you take my damn spot, or better yet, take one of mine for a while! fuckers.
:angry:

Funny you say that because this weekend I went to my spin class and the instructor, who has a baby (maybe 8 months old) said that she just got in a fight in the parking lot. It's Christmas so it's impossible to find spots near the mall and unfortunately the gym is in the mall. So she said she trekked like 10 miles (haha) in the snow with the baby carriage only to find a large man getting out of a car after parking in one of the family spots. When she asked him if he had children with him he replied with "listen, lady, these spots are a COURTESY and there is no law that says I can't park here so why don't you go fuck off?" Then he refused to re-park.

I have never parked in one of those spots but I have to tell you when I see a woman get out of a car with an 11 and 13-year-old after parking in those spots, I do feel like telling her to go take a freaking hike too.

Sorry to mothers with infants, but I really don't see the point of these parking spots. It may be slightly more difficult for a mother to navigate with her child an extra hundred feet or so through a parking lot, but it's not like it's a physical disability that warrants a special parking spot, IMO.

Before people jump on me, I had a wee one before these parking spots existed, and I managed fine. I guess maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine because my local mall has a zillion of these spots, and they're almost always empty.

I think you do have a point, because at one parking lot at a huge mall I observed 2 disabled spots and EIGHT family spots which seemed really insane to me.

I'm sorry you had a freakazoid experience with people and their untrained puppies . . . People who don't train their dogs make me :rant: . . . as for the new perspective . . . I'm not convinced that we NEED houses that are so big you need a second mortgage to furnish them and an intercom to call your kids for dinner . . . we seemed to have got sucked into the mindset that bigger is better :sigh:

Puppies is nice when you are facing a full grown German shepard or Rottweiler barking or growling at you only because you go on the pathway by its garden. ;)

But in Germany I used to deliver a weekly newspaper and had such experiences before. Only not on that scale.

People might learn from overscaling very soon... Australia is in for a rough time.

There is nothing I find as disgusting as people living in the suburbs in a McMansion and then having a 3 hr roundtrip commute per day. Yeah, you really need those extra 4 bedrooms and it must be great fun throwing time away every day. Unbelievable.

Sorry to mothers with infants, but I really don't see the point of these parking spots. It may be slightly more difficult for a mother to navigate with her child an extra hundred feet or so through a parking lot, but it's not like it's a physical disability that warrants a special parking spot, IMO.

Before people jump on me, I had a wee one before these parking spots existed, and I managed fine. I guess maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine because my local mall has a zillion of these spots, and they're almost always empty.

I'm not going to jump on you, and I do agree in many ways. They weren't around with my first, and rare with my second. Now, they're there, and they're for a particular type of customer, so it just shits me when people who's only hindrance is their gigantic fat arse and the stupid 4WD they own gleefully take them, while I push a pram with a baby and lead a 2 year old with the road sense of a cocker spaniel and a 5 year old who has to attention span of an axolotl across a busy carpark with speeding drivers who are exactly like the spot-stealers. I actually don't mind where I park and will happily park ages away. With kids, if they're there, it's handy and a lot safer and all the rest. I'll only use one for another year or 2, and then someone else with a herd of children can complain to someone else on a message board. But until then, it's my Christmas cheer to you all!
:D

i've only ever seen these family spots at the grocery store near my house. thankfully they have i think four in the entire lot, as opposed to maybe 15 handicapped spots. i've obviously never parked in the family spot (they have it labelled here as being for "new and expectant mothers" so hopefully that deters people from parking in it for no reason). but as someone who was basically handicapped this summer, and also has a grandmother who is, i hate when able-bodied people park in those or handicapped spots. i know you can never tell when someone has a heart condition, but geez. half the city has a handicapped tag, you'd think we were the capital of crippled people. :|

i'm so glad i'm healed now so it's not such an inconvenience if i can't get the spot right by the door.

There is nothing I find as disgusting as people living in the suburbs in a McMansion and then having a 3 hr roundtrip commute per day. Yeah, you really need those extra 4 bedrooms and it must be great fun throwing time away every day. Unbelievable.

My husband had a funny argument with a colleague about this just recently. His colleague moved from China years back and thought a house in the city with a small yard was perfect. But he didn't want to pay the city prices. When we bought this house, he was gobsmacked at our choice. We moved to a rural area which gives the husband a 45 minute drive to work. To Gong, this is insane. He doesn't get it. We paid half of what someone in the city did, and got all the space you could need. We traded a 45 min commute for space. Our house is old and comfortable. Not huge at all. The yard, that's another story. It's huge. A courtyard sized yard would drive me insane. I hate feeling boxed in and like there are people everywhere, all around, breathing down my neck. I've got no idea where a huge house would be suitable, or where anyone would need one. What really gets me is these planned estates where the house takes up 70% of the block. Why?? I spose it's all perspective. I wouldn't trade this for anything, though, and I reckon lots would think where I live is strange. I don't think it's that bad though. A bus trip across the city can take 45 minutes, so a 45 commute down a freeway is 6 of one, half a doz. of another.
:shrug:

I'm not going to jump on you, and I do agree in many ways. They weren't around with my first, and rare with my second. Now, they're there, and they're for a particular type of customer, so it just shits me when people who's only hindrance is their gigantic fat arse and the stupid 4WD they own gleefully take them, while I push a pram with a baby and lead a 2 year old with the road sense of a cocker spaniel and a 5 year old who has to attention span of an axolotl across a busy carpark with speeding drivers who are exactly like the spot-stealers. I actually don't mind where I park and will happily park ages away. With kids, if they're there, it's handy and a lot safer and all the rest. I'll only use one for another year or 2, and then someone else with a herd of children can complain to someone else on a message board. But until then, it's my Christmas cheer to you all!
:D

You've got a good point with the safety aspect, and having multiple children. :up: I've never had to deal with that.

Parking lots bring out the worst in us. I'm just as bad as everyone else, lurking for a prime spot, and then I think to myself that in the time I've taken looking for one, I could have parked at the back and walked there multiple times. That, and the walk wouldn't hurt me. :tsk:

We live in a nice house in a crappy suburb. It was cheap and the neighbours are nice. There's a big backyard and a good shed (my Dad fell in love with the shed and comes over to re-arrange all the tools) :lol: It only has 2 bedrooms which horrifies some but they are big rooms. One room for us, one room for junk, perfect :up:

We live in a nice house in a crappy suburb. It was cheap and the neighbours are nice. There's a big backyard and a good shed (my Dad fell in love with the shed and comes over to re-arrange all the tools) :lol: It only has 2 bedrooms which horrifies some but they are big rooms. One room for us, one room for junk, perfect :up:

Is it fibro? :cute: Ours is/was. It has all that fancy cladding now! And a tin roof!

We only have 2 bedrooms too (and my son's room is connected to ours by a closet, which is indeed horrifying!) but we have two big living rooms. We're trying to move somewhere bigger but the housing market sucks so badly right now. :shrug:

My husband had a funny argument with a colleague about this just recently. His colleague moved from China years back and thought a house in the city with a small yard was perfect. But he didn't want to pay the city prices. When we bought this house, he was gobsmacked at our choice. We moved to a rural area which gives the husband a 45 minute drive to work. To Gong, this is insane. He doesn't get it. We paid half of what someone in the city did, and got all the space you could need. We traded a 45 min commute for space. Our house is old and comfortable. Not huge at all. The yard, that's another story. It's huge. A courtyard sized yard would drive me insane. I hate feeling boxed in and like there are people everywhere, all around, breathing down my neck. I've got no idea where a huge house would be suitable, or where anyone would need one. What really gets me is these planned estates where the house takes up 70% of the block. Why?? I spose it's all perspective. I wouldn't trade this for anything, though, and I reckon lots would think where I live is strange. I don't think it's that bad though. A bus trip across the city can take 45 minutes, so a 45 commute down a freeway is 6 of one, half a doz. of another.
:shrug:

45 mins is doable, but I know many and I mean MANY people who commute in from the affluent suburbs west of TO for as long as an hour and a half each way due to traffic. Every day. And if you go to their house, it's no doubt some 6 bedroom colossus that makes sure each child has their own bathroom, heaven forbid they had to share toilets from the age of 2 onwards. That part is what I simply can't understand.

So they've either got the income to pay a cleaner, or they spend all their time cleaning? Screw that! Life is too short to be cleaning shower recesses 4 x week!

I have no doubt they have a maid.

I must admit that I really do dream of having one of those myself someday. How great would you feel if you had someone come in once a week to clean your whole place? :hyper:

I got my Year 12 final results!!

And I got 86.35!!! (Best possible is 99.95) I cannot bloody believe it, I'm so happy, this is beyond my wildest dreams. I was hoping for over 80, my pipedream was 85.

:yippie: :wink: :D :happy: :) :faint: :combust: :hyper:

I got my Year 12 final results!!

And I got 86.35!!! (Best possible is 99.95) I cannot bloody believe it, I'm so happy, this is beyond my wildest dreams. I was hoping for over 80, my pipedream was 85.

:yippie: :wink: :D :happy: :) :faint: :combust: :hyper:
I beat you, and spent it all on a science degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom