Random facts and confessions: Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 90 year old grandmother wrote "Char has no butt" on a piece of paper and held it up behind my back while I passed out baby shower games on Sunday. When I would get close to her, she would fold the paper up and hide it and hold it up again when I walked away.

:madwife: :angry:

Old ladies rock!!! :lol:

:lmao: I'm sorry, that made me giggle

I'm sure you'll love it - I was there a bazillion years ago (early 90's) and yep, grimy, grey and cold but I loved it anyway - the pubs, the people, the music - adored it . . . good luck :up:

LOL I wasn't sure ...should I laugh or cry?!
But thanks! :)

I'm going to have to back Elfa up here. Giving a dog drugs and alcohol is no better than giving them to a child.

Actually it's much worse. Since drugs are made out of plant extracts, dogs can't stomach them. They're carnivores, they don't have our gastrointestinal tract, that's why they eat plants/grass to barf. They can't get the plants out otherwise.
On the other hand, they have a smaller liver than us too, and it's not supposed to be able to handle alcohol as much as we do, since dogs don't naturally eat much sugar, only from the prey they catch.

So both are way more dangerous for a dog than a kid. All you can do to the kid is fuck up the brain development and growth. It can be deadly to a dog.

I know I joked about feeding my cat a pot chocolate cake, but I don't think i'd really do that. Especially because it's chocolate.

I have to admit that I've never really had a huge desire to go see Ireland. I'll see it someday because I'd like to see every place on earth, but it's certainly not even in my top 10 of places to visit (that I haven't already seen).

LOL I wasn't sure ...should I laugh or cry?!
But thanks! :)

Of course I'm going to say the place is wonderful but only because it's my home. :heart:

I'm finding The Netherlands and Belgium just as grey and miserable as Ireland right now. More cold too. :up: I'm constantly freezing here.

I think we're a pretty cheery bunch. I don't see a lot of happy Dutch/Belgians (sorry) on my way to and from work. They're especially bad-tempered when it comes to travelling. They're always scowling/moaning while pushing their way on the train before any of us can even get off. :cute: At home it's much more civilised.

:|

These two sentences are contradictory...

Look, I don't want to argue but unless your vet prescribes something you shouldn't be giving your dog any kind of drug or alcohol.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. What I said may have been contradictory on some level, but it also isn't safe to assume that I'm drowning my dog with these substances in mass amounts.
Anyhow, perhaps that's the reason why I even said that in the 'random confessions' thread. To be completely honest, I feel better having that out in the air. Haha.
My friends always laugh at me when I tell them that, but I suppose I did get lost in that "risky humor", so thanks for reminding me not to spread too much of my fun to my dog. :up:

===

:hmm: I have a final exam tomorrow at 11am and right now I'm debating whether I should study for that solid A in the class, or slack off for that solid B in the class. I have an 88%... so I can go both ways.

I have to make my decision within the next... 12 hours. Any suggestions? :wink:

I'm so friggin' bored lately I've been hanging around in a chat room with people I don't even particularly like.

And I'm not buying that 'nephew' a Christmas present until I see some confirmatory DNA results. If I did give him a gift, it would be something with no return value, because he'd just return it for the cash and go buy drugs.

Of course, I don't suggest anyone gives any sort of non-prescribed drug to an animal, and never in my intentions would I allow my pets to drink booze or smoke a spliff. I accidentally spilt some Sam Adams before and made a good point of keeping my dog away from it and cleaning that up. All I know is that my cat would act like what I imagine another cat would be on catnip when in the presence of reefer, and my dog once made me spill a glass of scotch and lapped some of it up, which I was rather concerned about. I tell you though, these guys are in damn good shape, and I would never let my dog horde a stash in her kennel. She's underage, anyway.

:lol: everyone's place looked good. We were laughing and saying," ooh look, that place looks soo American." and feeling very exotic

I think that's very interesting, thinking of how much Australian suburbs reminded me of those in the US.

And the dogs have all been very aggressive. :(

So you start supersizing when the Americans just stop doing it? :D

the no fence thing is weird :huh:

I know :crazy: and VV the supersizing thing is only taking off in newer suburbs . . . though am hoping one of these days the ridiculousness of it all will sink in and people will start living in houses where they might actually bump into each other once in a while :wink:

umm . . . VV not sure I understand the dog comment :scratch: :reject:

Sometimes, I call Sebastian and pretend I am one of his favorite actresses, Ali Larter (Final Destination, Lost).
He really believes it is her that calls.
He draws pictures of her and talks about her all day.
He even wants the same jacket she wore in FD.
I am going to buy the male version for him tonight.

I feel a smidge bad, but he feels so happy and elated that a girl actually calls him.
When I get home, he tells me all about 'the call', and the look on his face and the happiness he feels is priceless.

I know :crazy: and VV the supersizing thing is only taking off in newer suburbs . . . though am hoping one of these days the ridiculousness of it all will sink in and people will start living in houses where they might actually bump into each other once in a while :wink:

umm . . . VV not sure I understand the dog comment :scratch: :reject:

If you have vast amounts of space, like the US or Australia have, I think it's kinda natural to start getting another perspective. Especially in a place where Australia which has seen a fabulous economic upturn for more than a decade. Some people just forget that everything has its price.

With the dogs was an experience I made especially during my work for World Vision where we went to Geelong, the Melbourne suburbs and such for knocking doors. Every time I went past a garden that had dogs in it, really just passing it on the street, they would come, jump against the fence, bark and often even growl until I was out of sight. They were frighteningly agressive.
One time I went to a family house with a large dog. They needed to calm him down, then I could go in. There the dog was quiet and eventually they let him out in the garden. Then I left the house and had to go past the fence. The dog would come running to the fence barking as if I was to jump over it.
Not that those dogs don't exist in Germany or the States, but not in that frequency and often not as aggressive. I don't know if it's the heat or whatever, but people should do something about their dogs. Especially if they live in a neighbourhood with a garden going to the front. Dog schools are such a great innovation. Sometimes I couldn't even go to a house because of the dogs.

If you have vast amounts of space, like the US or Australia have, I think it's kinda natural to start getting another perspective. Especially in a place where Australia which has seen a fabulous economic upturn for more than a decade. Some people just forget that everything has its price.

With the dogs was an experience I made especially during my work for World Vision where we went to Geelong, the Melbourne suburbs and such for knocking doors. Every time I went past a garden that had dogs in it, really just passing it on the street, they would come, jump against the fence, bark and often even growl until I was out of sight. They were frighteningly agressive.
One time I went to a family house with a large dog. They needed to calm him down, then I could go in. There the dog was quiet and eventually they let him out in the garden. Then I left the house and had to go past the fence. The dog would come running to the fence barking as if I was to jump over it.
Not that those dogs don't exist in Germany or the States, but not in that frequency and often not as aggressive. I don't know if it's the heat or whatever, but people should do something about their dogs. Especially if they live in a neighbourhood with a garden going to the front. Dog schools are such a great innovation. Sometimes I couldn't even go to a house because of the dogs.

I'm sorry you had a freakazoid experience with people and their untrained puppies . . . People who don't train their dogs make me :rant: . . . as for the new perspective . . . I'm not convinced that we NEED houses that are so big you need a second mortgage to furnish them and an intercom to call your kids for dinner . . . we seemed to have got sucked into the mindset that bigger is better :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom