Random Facts and Confessions #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard any of the new U2 stuff or read about the tour because I have no motivation to do that. I'm not going to see them at all but even if I was I don't think I'd be into any of it.

i just heard something about a friend of mine... we'd been very good friends in the last few years of high school, eventually i grew to "like like" her, as they say, asked her out, she let me down easy and i moved on. since high school we've grown apart, though we still do see each other, but it's not what it was. anyway. irrelevant.

i caught up with her after getting back from America, and her little brother let slip something about her getting really drunk while she was away. i probed but she seemed really embarrassed so i let it go. her little brother told me on facebook just what happened.

apparently she had friends over, got really drunk during predrinks, then headed out to a club, where she proceeded to get even more drunk. she got in a cab, spewed, and the cab driver, from what i can gather from what her 14/15yo brother said, kicked her out of the cab and took $50 from her. she was, apparently, found on the side of the road in a pool of vomit by some passersby and was taken to hospital to recover.

this all from a girl who used to be quite innocent and barely drank.

now leaving aside obviously the poor actions of her friends and cab driver, which sound downright wrong, this disturbed me quite a bit and i wish i hadn't heard it now. she is so different from the girl i knew, and i think i have lost some respect for her, which seems weird and a bit out of line? i don't know.

i need sleep :yawn:

Shocking confession: I put my Blackberry in my workout bag and headed off to yoga around 8:30 tonight. I got home a couple hours ago and only just now realized I haven't checked it or even looked for it once since then. :shocked: :faint:

Interview tomorrow for a telemarketing position.
This be my 3rd sales job in 3 months

:angry:

Last sales job I had I was on a weeks trial. If I didnt make a sale in my first week he wouldnt pay me. Needless to say I didnt make that sale.

:reject:

If the interview goes well I will be selling the same product as before. Oh crumbs.

Telesales :angry:

i just heard something about a friend of mine... we'd been very good friends in the last few years of high school, eventually i grew to "like like" her, as they say, asked her out, she let me down easy and i moved on. since high school we've grown apart, though we still do see each other, but it's not what it was. anyway. irrelevant.

i caught up with her after getting back from America, and her little brother let slip something about her getting really drunk while she was away. i probed but she seemed really embarrassed so i let it go. her little brother told me on facebook just what happened.

apparently she had friends over, got really drunk during predrinks, then headed out to a club, where she proceeded to get even more drunk. she got in a cab, spewed, and the cab driver, from what i can gather from what her 14/15yo brother said, kicked her out of the cab and took $50 from her. she was, apparently, found on the side of the road in a pool of vomit by some passersby and was taken to hospital to recover.

this all from a girl who used to be quite innocent and barely drank.

now leaving aside obviously the poor actions of her friends and cab driver, which sound downright wrong, this disturbed me quite a bit and i wish i hadn't heard it now. she is so different from the girl i knew, and i think i have lost some respect for her, which seems weird and a bit out of line? i don't know.

i need sleep :yawn:

hmm, sounds like she's really letting loose over there! Bad, bad choice of friends though. It's not weird or out of line to feel that Danny :hug: Just remember that even the best of us get blindsided by alcohol occasionally. You probably should ask her and not take it from other people though.

*picks up BB*

*blocks Carlos*

*cuddles BB*

:lmao:

My last client was 6'10". :ohmy: I could've fit both of my feet into one of his shoes. It was a funny moment when I came out to greet him and he looked down at me like 'Really? You are going to massage me?'

He was putty in my hands, though, natch. :wink:

My last client was 6'10". :ohmy: I could've fit both of my feet into one of his shoes. It was a funny moment when I came out to greet him and he looked down at me like 'Really? You are going to massage me?'

He was putty in my hands, though, natch. :wink:

That sounds like one of my late night movies...

:wink:

Travelling all the way to see U2 and a bunch of great people and then at the second show ending up at the emergency post for hyperventilation and a near passing-out :sigh: Then missing a big part of the show and only seeing a little bit more from the main stairs having to stand, because this nice big security bloke wouldn't let me sit down on the side. Fun times.

Travelling all the way to see U2 and a bunch of great people and then at the second show ending up at the emergency post for hyperventilation and a near passing-out :sigh: Then missing a big part of the show and only seeing a little bit more from the main stairs having to stand, because this nice big security bloke wouldn't let me sit down on the side. Fun times.

What happened?? :hug:

Oooh I sympathise, similar thing happened to me at a U2 show, not a nice feeling, feeling you're about to drop :no: And I've had an argument with a boofhead security bloke at a U2 show too :lol: And these things only seem to happen at U2 shows, funny that...

Ok, here's a wacky confession:

(and maybe I'm not the only one who does this)

Sometimes, I wear a pair of jeans or shorts a couple of times before washing them. Before I go to wear them the second time, I will smell the ass to make sure it's not funky.

Does anyone else do this?

My confession....I like Beautiful Day and Elevation! Shocking!:ohmy:

ETA: and I don't sniff my pants! :wink:

Ok, here's a wacky confession:

(and maybe I'm not the only one who does this)

Sometimes, I wear a pair of jeans or shorts a couple of times before washing them. Before I go to wear them the second time, I will smell the ass to make sure it's not funky.

Does anyone else do this?

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that's probably a guy thing

Wouldn't it be much more pleasant to just wash them rather than do that? Sorry, I'm not meaning to laugh because I give you props for confessing that. But yeah, wouldn't it be much easier to just assume and just wash?

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that's probably a guy thing

Wouldn't it be much more pleasant to just wash them rather than do that? Sorry, I'm not meaning to laugh because I give you props for confessing that. But yeah, wouldn't it be much easier to just assume and just wash?

Well, I go to the laundromat once a week, but sometimes I like to wear a favorite pair of jeans or shorts a couple of days in a row. When I take them off for the day, I'll hang 'em somewhere. If they're not funky the next time I go to wear them, I'll use them again and then toss them in the hamper afterward. If they're funky, in the hamper they go immediately. Don't worry, I don't do this with underwear. That only gets worn one time. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom